Direct from CBK himself..stating there isn't "any expected news from Blackberry Mobile" at IFA this year. I will let the fire begin to burn.
    towngirl likes this.
    09-04-19 05:35 PM
    It is an ignorant person who believes something false to be true, but it is a fool who is ignorant enough to believe in something false!

Let's hope BBMo and BlackBerry can sort it out before all is lost!

It does indeed look like the end of an Icon!
    hemodad likes this.
    09-04-19 05:41 PM
    Direct from CBK himself..stating there isn't "any expected news from Blackberry Mobile" at IFA this year. I will let the fire begin to burn.
    How does lack of news from IFA necessarily mean the end of BBMo? We were already told not to expect a device this year.

We already knew they wouldn't be talking at the event anyway. What's new?
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    09-04-19 05:43 PM
    What's new?
    The lack of Pie. August went by without a Pie release, so it's officially time to worry now.
    09-04-19 05:45 PM
    The lack of Pie. August went by without a Pie release, so it's officially time to worry now.
    I have my concerns for sure, but there is nothing new to add to the conversation with respect to CBK's post.
    09-04-19 05:46 PM
    Why can't they announce PIE at IFA? Is that not a thing for 2019?
    09-04-19 05:55 PM
    How does lack of news from IFA necessarily mean the end of BBMo? We were already told not to expect a device this year.

We already knew they wouldn't be talking at the event anyway. What's new?
    Hey are you in Germany? I know a Blogger who would love meeting you. Let me know, I'll handle the introductions.
    Gene Fells likes this.
    09-04-19 05:57 PM
    I don't follow BlackBerry mobil news anymore but this is very disappointing.
    09-04-19 05:59 PM
    Hey are you in Germany?
    No, he does not, unless there's a Germany in Canada...
    09-04-19 05:59 PM
    Hey are you in Germany? I know a Blogger who would love meeting you. Let me know, I'll handle the introductions.
    You mean the "Random" Blogger I'm assuming...

Bob
    09-04-19 06:00 PM

Bob
    Yeah! You know him too?
    09-04-19 06:00 PM

Bob
    Or basically anyone. I mean: the guy's a legend on CrackBerry, who doesn't want to meet him? lol
    09-04-19 06:01 PM
    Because BBMo doesn't have a booth.
    09-04-19 06:03 PM
    Yeah! You know him too?
    Only from what I've read here on CrackBerry from the knowledgeable members...

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    09-04-19 06:04 PM
    Because BBMo doesn't have a booth.
    Oh, crap! That explains everything! Thank you so very much! No more sleepless nights!
    John Albert likes this.
    09-04-19 06:06 PM
    You won't find any OEM making big announcements about Pie after Google released Android 10 yesterday on its phones. Any PR person who allowed that to happen should be hauled off and shot!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-04-19 06:08 PM
    No, he does not, unless there's a Germany in Canada...
    Hmmm, I'll Google it!
    09-04-19 06:08 PM
    You won't find any OEM making big announcements about Pie after Google released Android 10 yesterday on its phones. Any PR person who allowed that to happen should be hauled off and shot!

Hmmmm, not even as a sidenote as BBMo is a subsidiary of Almighty TCL? Interesting!
    Wow, shot even!?!
    09-04-19 06:10 PM
    Hmmmm, not even as a sidenote as BBMo is a subsidiary of Almighty TCL? Interesting!
    Wow, shot even!?!
    There is no gain in making a public announcement about being a years behind at a marketing event.

Better to just release it and let the people who care find out that way.

09-04-19 06:21 PM
    There is no gain in making a public announcement about being a years behind at a marketing event.

Better to just release it and let the people who care find out that way.

If released! And the "IF" is getting critical! Entropy at its text book best!
    the_boon likes this.
    09-04-19 06:24 PM

Bob
    Kidding aside, too much was made of my remark. Certainly there was no ill intent.

With all due respect to that website and its editors, it has too little traffic to even track visits with either Alexa or SimilarWeb.

Probably every BlackBerry fan site in the world would qualify as "random bloggers" apart from maybe Crackberry.

Crackberry ranks in the top 3,500 of all tech sites in the world (with almost a million visitors a month), and the other site in question is top 53,000 (with too few visitors to track) - comparable to a number of others.

In case there is still some confusion, I'm not making any judgment as to the people or the quality there, as I don't visit or speak the language.
    Last edited by conite; 09-04-19 at 06:48 PM.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    09-04-19 06:33 PM
    If released! And the "IF" is getting critical! Entropy at its text book best!
    True, but it's a ridiculous situation across the Android ecosystem:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/4/20...reble-mainline

09-04-19 06:33 PM
    You won't find any OEM making big announcements about Pie after Google released Android 10 yesterday on its phones.
    There's precedent, lol

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/08/15/b...-android-oreo/

https://www.itworldcanada.com/article/408015-2/408015
    anon(10387168) and RK_BB like this.
    09-04-19 06:54 PM
    Kidding aside, too much was made of my remark.

With all due respect to that website and its editors, it has too little traffic to even track visits with either Alexa or SimilarWeb.

Probably every BlackBerry fan site in the world would qualify as "random bloggers" apart from maybe Crackberry.

Crackberry ranks in the top 3,500 of all tech sites in the world, and the other site is top 53,000 - comparable to countless others.
    I really don’t understand the issue since you’re entitled to your opinion and such. I make constant replies and posts that should be considered insulting by similar word choice.

I missed out in the other thread which is now closed but I made some interesting observations.

Depending on interpretation of TOS, promotion of businesses including competing websites has sometimes drawn violation points and even outright bans. While I feel that CrackBerry has the right to determine TOS enforcement, many here seem to have accused CB of allegedly giving BBMo/TCT and even TCL velvet glove treatment. I’ve always felt before and then after the sponsorship followed a report facts, avoid reckless speculation and rumors, while allowing far latitude of the same, within TOS amongst CB Forum members.

I thought Paul?, regarding his website and such has walked the line and even if crossed has been given just enough professional latitude.

I actually went to competitor site and saw the same looking mini-version of a CB site (in thread count and member participation although since I speak no German, I’m guesstimating) and mean only simple observation. I suppose the owners and backers of the site wouldn’t mind a purchase/sale like happened with Mobile Nations recently.

The idea that random blogger CBK or any other random blogger would feel entitled to push for information beyond what’s released is rude. It’s like getting upset with Apple, Google or Microsoft about information not shared regarding their various products. Long ago, Fifteen year or so, I accepted that BB wasn’t a consumer friendly company. All I’ve noticed with BB, CB, BBMo and the other players is they’re behaving the same as they’ve always behaved. There was some child’s story or fable that I vaguely remember, snake or some different poisonous animal, being friendly. Sometime later, committing it’s usual deadly instinctive behavior. What do you expect from a scorpion?
    09-04-19 07:00 PM
    I assure you I'm some 'random blogger' outside of the BlackBerry sphere as well. Every blogger is a random blogger to someone.
    Sigewif and hamilgs like this.
    09-04-19 07:08 PM
196 123 ...