Leaked by Evan blass on twitter. 3500mah battery!
    Attached Thumbnails Specs leak by evleaks-43931.jpg  
    06-06-18 02:56 AM
    06-06-18 03:15 AM
    Nice!!!

Oh wait, 5mAh less than the KEYone?

I'm boycotting!
    cckgz4 likes this.
    06-06-18 03:38 AM
    No aptX, OIS, wireless charging, dual SIM for EU... I am disappointed.
    herr_tan likes this.
    06-06-18 03:58 AM
    price is also stated by evleaks. 649 dollar/ 649 euro
    looks like I'll stick to my Motion for now
    06-06-18 04:05 AM
    Holy **** that is one hell of a ******** price!
    06-06-18 04:17 AM
    I hope thats the price of the 6GB model ^^

EDIT: Seems there is no RAM variant, only 64GB or 128GB. I hope 649€ is for the 128GB model ^^
    06-06-18 04:19 AM
    No aptX, OIS, wireless charging, dual SIM for EU... I am disappointed.
    And no QuickCharge 4 aswell. A bit dissapointed too.
    06-06-18 04:27 AM
    I hope thats the price of the 6GB model ^^

EDIT: Seems there is no RAM variant, only 64GB or 128GB. I hope 649€ is for the 128GB model ^^
    Would be a great price if it's the 128GB version.
    So many negative comments. This is their second phone and is built to a price.
    For me, this is a big step forward for a phone with the business user in mind. I'm very happy with the Black edition and don't 'need' any more GB or ROM memory. The upgrades are to attract attention and with that great camera should keep exisiting customers and fans and attract new ones.
    If sound, reception and call quality have all improved to boot, then I'd say job well-done for their second KEY model.

Not sure if I wanted the spolier the day before the presentation. It's taken away some of the suspense, if not all of it.
    06-06-18 05:04 AM
    Would be a great price if it's the 128GB version.
    So many negative comments. This is their second phone and is built to a price.
    For me, this is a big step forward for a phone with the business user in mind. I'm very happy with the Black edition and don't 'need' any more GB or ROM memory. The upgrades are to attract attention and with that great camera should keep exisiting customers and fans and attract new ones.
    If sound, reception and call quality have all improved to boot, then I'd say job well-done for their second KEY model.

Not sure if I wanted the spolier the day before the presentation. It's taken away some of the suspense, if not all of it.
    They keep making phones for the “business users” who keep buying iPhones year after year. If the brothel is no longer profitable, you have to change the girls, not rearrange the beds.

As for the leaked specs and price (assuming they are true), no OIS in the camera of a phone that is $100 more expensive than OnePlus 6 is outrageous.
    06-06-18 05:35 AM
    They keep making phones for the “business users” who keep buying iPhones year after year. If the brothel is no longer profitable, you have to change the girls, not rearrange the beds.
    First step is to make sure that the business users can buy something other than iPhones. My organization only support BB10 (probably not for much longer) and iOS.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-18 05:40 AM

As for the leaked specs and price (assuming they are true), no OIS in the camera of a phone that is $100 more expensive than OnePlus 6 is outrageous.
    Well, to your first point, if by "changing the girls" I hope you don't mean switching to something like a glass back lol

And as for OIS, I also would be disappointed, it's more important to have that than the second lens
    06-06-18 05:40 AM

Humourous analogy. Well done!!
    I woud be too embarrassed to use a Crapple iphoney or OnePlus or Samdung in front of anyone in a company to be honest. Right now, a Blackberry branded phone is the only one that I feel ticks the "business phone" box and that I feel comfortable with. In fact, it has the advantage of being the only true business person targetted phone in the world. It has convinced me and therefore can convince other business people and owners. The new specs bring it to another level and fully get my approval.
    I wish them success going forward.
    the_boon and tnewton3 like this.
    06-06-18 05:41 AM
    Well, to your first point, if by "changing the girls" I hope you don't mean switching to something like a glass back lol

And as for OIS, I also would be disappointed, it's more important to have that than the second lens
    That’s exactly what I mean. Continuing to make a phone with a mediocre camera is a losing strategy at present day and age. Everyone takes pictures and shoots video with their phone these days, including the “business users.” Everyone likes to take pictures of their kids, family crap, travel, and of course, themselves in purple lingerie when no one is around — “business users” more often than he others.

My black k1 camera is okayish at best, and if I buy k2, I will now have two okayish cameras. Let’s wait for reviews, but I don’t have high expectations.
    06-06-18 05:48 AM
    That’s exactly what I mean. Continuing to make a phone with a mediocre camera is a losing strategy at present day and age. Everyone takes pictures and shoots video with their phone these days, including the “business users.” Everyone likes to take pictures of their kids, family crap, travel, and of course, themselves in purple lingerie when no one is around — “business users” more often than he others.

My black k1 camera is okayish at best, and if I buy k2, I will now have two okayish cameras. Let’s wait for reviews, but I don’t have high expectations.
    The KEY2 has the S9 dual camera.
    I have a second phone for 'other business'.
    06-06-18 06:02 AM
    Say that to Galaxy S9 owners who paid much more that $100 extra for thier phones.

Also why do you even compare KEY2 to OnePlus6 ? Does one plus have a physical keyboard ? Last time I checked it does not. So how are these two phones similar ?
    06-06-18 06:12 AM
    CDMA model? I can't open that specs sheet in bb10 version of CB.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-18 06:13 AM
    Corning Gorilla Glass 3?
    Is it really the Passport SE?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    06-06-18 06:21 AM
    CDMA model? I can't open that specs sheet in bb10 version of CB.

Posted via CB10
    No global CDMA, China only. Makes no sense to launch a CDMA version when Verizon is stopping CDMA activations end of this year, and Sprint is getting T-Mobile coverage then going LTE.
    Attached Thumbnails Specs leak by evleaks-screenshot_20180606-072003.jpg  
    06-06-18 06:23 AM
    Looking like I will need to find a new brand of phone ASAP. My Z30 is on its last leg. Cracked the screen 2 days ago and I cannot use Link to backup and restore to another Z30 or z10 backup phone I have. BlackBerry has fallen a long way from their reign of business phones.

Will likely go with the new Sony compact that is set up to work with Verizon. CDMA is not going anywhere....just the 2g and 3g. CDMA is what gives Verizon rural coverage.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-18 06:45 AM
    "HD Audio for improved audio playback"

What does that mean? Is that marketing speak for no stereo speakers but we think the speaker is good enough?

Improved speaker and no lag are the two things I want to upgrade from KEYone.

06-06-18 06:52 AM
    "HD Audio for improved audio playback"

What does that mean? Is that marketing speak for no stereo speakers but we think the speaker is good enough?

Improved speaker and no lag are the two things I want to upgrade from KEYone.

Supposedly some Japanese certification for high quality audio. I see that a lot on Chinese audio cables.
    06-06-18 07:05 AM
    Supposedly some Japanese certification for high quality audio. I see that a lot on Chinese audio cables.
    Think that means there is hope for a better loudspeaker?
    06-06-18 07:12 AM
    https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/1...250976256?s=20

$829 CAD

Worth it if upgrading from KEYOne Silver? Thoughts?

I'm nervous about the speakers. I don't want to pay $1000 for another phone with bad loudspeakers. I like the rest of the specs. Hope for that price you're getting 128GB.
    06-06-18 07:16 AM
    Think that means there is hope for a better loudspeaker?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    06-06-18 07:24 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD