I do find it interesting that @LiamQ hasn't responded (especially since I sent LiamQ a pm about the problem) nor have the others such as Conite, Thurask, and even Bla1ze. Maybe because there isn't any defense for such a defect in such a highly touted phone.
    Well for me, it's because no one can seemingly manage to 1) Add an @ before talking about me. 2) Spell my name correctly when using an @ lol. There's like 3-4 posts trying to trigger the mentions and none are right. And of course, I don't read every thread. I've noticed it but it has never impacted any of my typing, just thought it was a quirk in the OS.
    09-20-18 12:57 PM
    Well for me, it's because no one can seemingly manage to 1) Add an @ before talking about me. 2) Spell my name correctly when using an @ lol. There's like 3-4 posts trying to trigger the mentions and none are right. And of course, I don't read every thread. I've noticed it but it has never impacted any of my typing, just thought it was a quirk in the OS.
    As a long time member I was a bit chagrined that I just learned about the @ thingy from this thread.
    An older dog learning new tricks. Viva Crackberry.
    09-20-18 01:18 PM
    How's it going guys, sorry you all are going through these unfortunate issues as a KEY² owner myself if I was having the same issue wouldn't be happy at all. And wish you the best of luck. But I was wondering about something in your post...you said you downloaded the beta keyboard update...are you on beta as well as the others? Although I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread And if so, could it be bugs that you are encoutering?
    I thought about the Beta vs public software difference. So to test I removed myself from the Beta and removed the Beta keyboard app. No difference. So I went back on Beta hoping for an early release fix so I could respond that it was good and make the release public. No fix to be had.
    09-20-18 01:21 PM
    As a long time member I was a bit chagrined that I just learned about the @ thingy from this thread.
    An older dog learning new tricks. Viva Crackberry.
    Works great... provided you have an easy to remember username. I seemingly messed up there, lots of people get Bla1ze wrong haha!
    09-20-18 01:22 PM
    Works great... provided you have an easy to remember username. I seemingly messed up there, lots of people get Bla1ze wrong haha!
    Well, if you hadn't misspelled it in the first place.
    09-20-18 01:26 PM
    because no one can seemingly manage to 1) Add an @ before talking about me. 2) Spell my name correctly when using an @
    Word!

Every time I see it I try to help users with that....ultimately I can't "catch" them all but I do try...

@ sign alone, yours specifically "fail" a lot...
    09-20-18 01:27 PM
    From my experience from the last couple of days I can tell you that at BBMO one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. I won't go into the whole communications debacle but Tuesday a customer support person told me that a tracking ticket (FedEx) won't be generated until NEXT Wednesday ( a week from yesterday). After getting into a heated exchange I hung up. A half hour later I received an email from the repair center indicating that my phone was repaired and the FedEx tracking number.
    I think it is a crap shoot when calling BBMO support.
    I guess you are right! The call / email that was supposed to happen at 2:00 pm...well...never happened. My case is still in the dark...

This is really frustrating!
    09-20-18 06:17 PM
    Another day, more drag. No one seem to have an answer...the hold is still on my card though!

Called customer care and received the same zilch...
    @Smokeaire I am curious if you received your device and if so, how's it going?

If I received this device for free, mmm, maybe I won't be as frustrated but I do work hard for my dollars since the Benjamin tree in my backyard died...
    09-21-18 06:43 PM
    Another day, more drag. No one seem to have an answer...the hold is still on my card though!

Called customer care and received the same zilch...
    @Smokeaire I am curious if you received your device and if so, how's it going?

If I received this device for free, mmm, maybe I won't be as frustrated but I do work hard for my dollars since the Benjamin tree in my backyard died...
    I did get my phone this afternoon and going through the not so fun task of trying to get everything setup. Ugh. I will spend more time tomorrow testing the keyboard.
    It really is a bad sign if no one at BBMo support can't tell you anything.
    09-21-18 07:24 PM
    It really is a bad sign if no one at BBMo support can't tell you anything.
    Indeed. There is no other thought on my mind other than they internally acknowledge the issue and not sure how to go about it...

Do we make it a "known issue" and open the flood gate of returns or we deal with it one at a time?

I am curious if your device will be issue free in which case we can conclude that the issue is both software and hardware.

It's ironic how we, the customers, have to jump through hoops to figure out why things we paid for don't work as expected.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-21-18 07:30 PM
    Indeed. There is no other thought on my mind other than they internally acknowledge the issue and not sure how to go about it...

Do we make it a "known issue" and open the flood gate of returns or we deal with it one at a time?

I am curious if your device will be issue free in which case we can conclude that the issue is both software and hardware.

It's ironic how we, the customers, have to jump through hoops to figure out why things we paid for don't work as expected.
    Have you asked to speak to a Supervisor? I would be hoarse reading the riot act to these people, well I actually did.
    You have waited way too long to get your phone. Whether they acknowledge an issue or not they agreed to replace your phone with a new one. Use Twitter, Instagram and maybe start a thread here on the issue of not getting your phone and the credit hold.
    09-21-18 07:44 PM
    Have you asked to speak to a Supervisor? I would be hoarse reading the riot act to these people, well I actually did.
    You have waited way too long to get your phone. Whether they acknowledge an issue or not they agreed to replace your phone with a new one. Use Twitter, Instagram and maybe start a thread here on the issue of not getting your phone and the credit hold.
    And what will a supervisor do? Say that they are going to call / email and never actually will?

I sent them an Instagram DM to which they responded but after couple of messages simply ignored me...

I think that the next logical case would to try and return / replace it at Best Buy.
    09-21-18 07:57 PM
    And what will a supervisor do? Say that they are going to call / email and never actually will?

I sent them an Instagram DM to which they responded but after couple of messages simply ignored me...

I think that the next logical case would to try and return / replace it at Best Buy.
    I think the first thing that should be done is get that credit hold removed. Call your credit card company and explain the situation.
    09-22-18 03:54 AM
    I think the first thing that should be done is get that credit hold removed. Call your credit card company and explain the situation.
    If I do that then BlackBerry Mobile will say: "you removed the hold so we didn't ship the device...."
    09-22-18 03:56 AM
    If I do that then BlackBerry Mobile will say: "you removed the hold so we didn't ship the device...."
    How long ago did you purchase your Key² from Best Buy? Did you purchase an extended warranty? You may want to read my next post before doing that.
    09-22-18 04:55 AM
    I received my Key² with the keyboard replacement yesterday and have typed many emails and posts on this thread for me to feel I have properly tested the keyboard for the Cursor mode issue.
    The keyboard/keys feel firmer than the original. That's the good news (I suppose).
    The bad news is the issue still exists. Now I'm almost certain it's a combination software and a keyboard issue. The programming for recognizing a double tap is way off. I believe there needs to be some change in the timing in recognizing definitive double taps and casual keyboard touching. The reason I think there is a keyboard build component to this is the fact for the last week I've used my KEYᵒⁿᵉ with the same pkb software version (beta) and didn't have any issue.
    Another thing there seems to be a problem with the swipe up word replacement zones and sensitivity. I know I've swiped up under the word I want yet it is the word next to that is used. Sometimes it takes multiple swipes to even get the word selection registered.
    A suggestion for TCL. Hire the RIM/Blackberry keyboard designers.
    09-22-18 05:24 AM
    I received my Key² with the keyboard replacement yesterday and have typed many emails and posts on this thread for me to feel I have properly tested the keyboard for the Cursor mode issue.
    The keyboard/keys feel firmer than the original. That's the good news (I suppose).
    The bad news is the issue still exists. Now I'm almost certain it's a combination software and a keyboard issue. The programming for recognizing a double tap is way off. I believe there needs to be some change in the timing in recognizing definitive double taps and casual keyboard touching. The reason I think there is a keyboard build component to this is the fact for the last week I've used my KEYᵒⁿᵉ with the same pkb software version (beta) and didn't have any issue.
    Another thing there seems to be a problem with the swipe up word replacement zones and sensitivity. I know I've swiped up under the word I want yet it is the word next to that is used. Sometimes it takes multiple swipes to even get the word selection registered.
    A suggestion for TCL. Hire the RIM/Blackberry keyboard designers.
    That's actually a good news for us who can't send their devices back to BlackBerry. Hope BlackBerry can fix with sensitivity adjustment via software update.
    I'm surprised not many people experienced it.

I know at least one another person, who doesn't use Crackberry has this issue on his Key2, so it can't be just us.

I would have lived without swiping gestures but I need swipe to delete. It's true the quality of swiping and keyboard was superb on Passport. For me that was the best keyboard ever.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-22-18 05:51 AM
    That's actually a good news for us who can't send their devices back to BlackBerry. Hope BlackBerry can fix with sensitivity adjustment via software update.
    I'm surprised not many people experienced it.

I know at least one another person, who doesn't use Crackberry has this issue on his Key2, so it can't be just us.

I would have lived without swiping gestures but I need swipe to delete. It's true the quality of swiping and keyboard was superb on Passport. For me that was the best keyboard ever.
    I could have lived without the swipe word up feature if I've never had it. I even turned it off for a awhile, meaning during one email composition. Turned it back on minutes later. That being the case I would be willing to give it up if that would solve the problem. I would rather be able to turn off cursor mode since I actively use it a lot less then any other capacitive keyboard feature.
    09-22-18 06:12 AM
    Oh yea, one other indication BBMo customer service/repair personnel just isn't customer satisfaction aware. I sent my Key² in the original Blackberry box packed in an outer box. Do you think they sent it back in the Blackberry box? Nope. Now I don't have a convenient place to keep the charger, earbuds and the sim tool.
    The proof is in the attention to details.
    09-22-18 06:59 AM
    How long ago did you purchase your Key² from Best Buy? Did you purchase an extended warranty? You may want to read my next post before doing that.
    I purchased it right when it came out in July and no, I do not have extended warranty.

That said, while based on your repair review post I am not sure a replacement is required I am also not sure what to make of your KEYᵒⁿᵉ experience findings. If the issue is both hardware & software it couldn't be worse...which perhaps explains why they aren't getting back to me....
    09-22-18 11:39 AM
    Having had many BlackBerry's up to and including the Bold 9900, I am very use to BlackBerry annoyances, battery pulls everyday back in the day, sluggish OS at times, putting it all back together after a drop, etc... What really disappoints this time around is the absolute lack of customer service, up to the point that different reps will give you different stories. Bottom line, if software updates do not reasonably fix these issues, there will be no K3 for me, unfortunately I do not think I'm alone. Wise up TCL/BBMo and do it quickly.
    09-22-18 06:00 PM
    What really disappoints this time around is the absolute lack of customer service, up to the point that different reps will give you different stories. Bottom line, if software updates do not reasonably fix these issues, there will be no K3 for me, unfortunately I do not think I'm alone. Wise up TCL/BBMo and do it quickly.
    Customer service is terrible because they are simply a call center that is isolated from the repair center and the decision makers so unless they have feedback they have nothing to tell you with the exception of the usual "unfortunately at this time....bla bla bla"

You are not lone for sure! I am going to test drive the Pixel 3 and see if I can tolerate typing on glass; I am not sure it's going to fare well but I will give it a try...

That is unless BlackBerry Mobile wants to send me a $200 check for the difference between the KEY² to the KEY² LE since my gestures don't work....
    09-22-18 06:41 PM
    Since I'm running the Beta version of the keyboard software and have reported this bug in the past I thought I would post an update as well. On the Beta site are other same bug reports from others. See screen shot. So it is a known bug. I just wish BBMo had come out and issued a statement indicating as much. It would have save some of us much time and frustration in trying to resolve this. @LiamQ
    TheBond likes this.
    09-23-18 05:54 AM
    Since I'm running the Beta version of the keyboard software and have reported this bug in the past I thought I would post an update as well. On the Beta site are other same bug reports from others. See screen shot. So it is a known bug. I just wish BBMo had come out and issued a statement indicating as much. It would have save some of us much time and frustration in trying to resolve this. @LiamQhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5f63d02806.jpg
    Thanks for keeping us posted. Unfortunately but it's kinda good news that its not just us.
    09-23-18 06:15 AM
    Customer service is terrible because they are simply a call center that is isolated from the repair center and the decision makers so unless they have feedback they have nothing to tell you with the exception of the usual "unfortunately at this time....bla bla bla"

You are not lone for sure! I am going to test drive the Pixel 3 and see if I can tolerate typing on glass; I am not sure it's going to fare well but I will give it a try...

That is unless BlackBerry Mobile wants to send me a $200 check for the difference between the KEY² to the KEY² LE since my gestures don't work....
    Years ago I decided to purchase BB from carrier because of “lack of support” issues reported here on CB. With BB10, I stuck with that mantra until carrier didn't offer device and I had to buy through ShopBlackBerry.

People complained about ShopBlackBerry and fulfillment by Digital River. Isn’t this more of the same when no carrier involved? This is biggest reason I have the AT&T KEYone and nothing since from BBMo/TCL.
    09-23-18 06:31 AM
2,521 ... 34567 ...