I had a KEY2 with a "loose" spacebar so I tried the "press down on it really hard fix" and in the process, heard a faint snap, then the spacebar started heating up! It got so hot to the touch that I couldn't leave my thumb/finger on it for more than a few seconds due to the heat! Not only that but the fingerprint reader function also stopped working.

So to make a long story short, I don't recommend people try this.
    12-19-18 12:15 PM
    My Key2 was made in 29th august too, but i still have the slight wobbly spacebar. Always makes a clicky noise when i swipe over it.
    12-20-18 03:02 AM
    As Bla1ze posted this morning there is a keyboard beta update being released thru the Playstore that hopefully will fix this issue.
    I recently bought BB Key2 from Amazon.ca - the keyboard is silent functioning but the spacebar is loud and clunky sounding. Certainly not like other BB. I have a Passport and Classic and never had clunky loud keyboard buttons. Hope they fix this. It is a new phone with manufacturer date 20180928.
    01-13-19 12:44 PM
    I tried this but not working. Any other suggestions?

I wouldn't have bothered much about spacebar issue as I never thought that was an issue for me. However, after seeing many posts I have noted this and started feeling in the same way like you.
    01-27-19 11:51 AM
    I bought my black edition through Telus a few months ago. I do not notice any looseness in the space bar. It feels very springy.
    01-27-19 12:53 PM
    How can you call that a fix? They are faulty units end of! If all units were returned back to TCL that had this issue it would certainly have driven home a point to these clowns about their quality control
    01-27-19 06:14 PM
    I bought my black edition through Telus a few months ago. I do not notice any looseness in the space bar. It feels very springy.
    My Black KEY2 purchased from Best Buy with an August 3 build date has no issue with the space bar as well... 👍

Bob
    01-27-19 06:22 PM
    How can you call that a fix? They are faulty units end of! If all units were returned back to TCL that had this issue it would certainly have driven home a point to these clowns about their quality control
    Maybe it doesn't bother people that much
    01-29-19 10:07 AM
    I just received my second KEY2 (not sure why the hell I sold my first one as it was perfect) and this one came with a slightly wobbly spacebar (build date 06/15). I didn't feel like going through the return process with Clove (even though they would have taken it back no problem) and I'm too OCD to just leave it as is so I did a quick cheap fix which consists simply of cutting a small rectangular piece of paper and stuck it in between the spacebar and the chin of the phone.

All wobbling is instantly gone.

This is just an idea for those who don't feel like going through an exchange/repair process and want to get rid of the wobbliness as anyone can get their hands on a piece of paper lol and it doesn't involve tearing down the device.

Edit: I just took a black marker and colored the piece of paper and now it's really invisible, can't know it's there even though it sticks out ever so slightly (about 1mm).
    Hey the_boon, does your fix still work? I got my Key2 SE today from Amazon. Build date June 28 or so...clicky/loose space bar and the Amazon rep just also gave me a 10% discount without much hassle. Now I want to try your fix and see how long this works actually?
    03-01-19 08:38 AM
    Hey the_boon, does your fix still work? I got my Key2 SE today from Amazon. Build date June 28 or so...clicky/loose space bar and the Amazon rep just also gave me a 10% discount without much hassle. Now I want to try your fix and see how long this works actually?
    I sold my KEY2 long ago, I'm typing this on my LE.

However, yes the fix did work beautifully while I had it.

I actually placed two pieces of paper, one underneath the spacebar (most important) and the other between the spacebar and the "0" key.

I think I might have folded the paper before inserting it.

The piece under the spacebar should be about the same length as the spacebar, but a bit shorter so it doesn't stick out.
    Make sure to insert them all the way, don't worry, paper won't cut any keyboard connection cables

Then, when the pieces are perfectly placed, just grab a black sharpie and color them and you'll be good to go.
    03-01-19 11:38 AM
60 123