All of the Rogers Key2's spacebars I've observed are loose and therefore make a clacky or rattling sound when gently touched i.e. not depressed.

On two of the Rogers units at the office I pushed the opposite ends of the spacebar down quite hard and held it down for a few seconds. On both units it seems to have eliminated the clacky or rattling sounds. The bar still feels loose but it's not making the noise.

Let's see if it holds.
    Last edited by mhw100; 07-27-18 at 01:26 AM.
    ssirica likes this.
    07-27-18 01:00 AM
    This is really disheartening
    07-27-18 02:07 AM
    Not sure anyone should try that on their own device.
    07-27-18 02:16 AM
    All of the Rogers Key2's spacebars I've observed are loose and therefore make a clacky or rattling sound when gently touched i.e. not depressed.

On two of the Rogers units at the office I pushed the opposite ends of the spacebar down quite hard and held it down for a few seconds. On both units it seems to have eliminated the clacky or rattling sounds. The bar still feels loose but it's not making the noise.

Let's see if it holds.
    It seems the loose spacebar is only found in the Black edition. Is it true based on your observation?
    07-27-18 03:07 AM
    Am I the only one not annoyed by the clickly sound? Luckily my KEY2 has not a loose spacebar and I am loving this keyboard!!!
    07-27-18 03:25 AM
    @DavideaNY, yours is a Black or Silver edition?
    07-27-18 04:20 AM
    maybe, another option could be:
    1.- using a hammer, quite hard as well
    2.- adding Vaseline
    I will report back with my findings...
    07-27-18 04:49 AM
    @DavideaNY, yours is a Black or Silver edition?
    Black, bought from UK, seller: unlocked mobiles
    07-27-18 04:52 AM
    I believe a lot of confusion stems from the fact that 'loose' means different things to different people here. I consider the space bar I have fine but I'm sure I'd find someone to tell me that I'm crazy and that it's going all over the place. Subjectivity once again.
    Smokeaire and bartf67 like this.
    07-27-18 05:15 AM
    Thanks mate, I guess not all the Black edition have the spacebar loose issue.
    07-27-18 05:35 AM
    I believe a lot of confusion stems from the fact that 'loose' means different things to different people here. I consider the space bar I have fine but I'm sure I'd find someone to tell me that I'm crazy and that it's going all over the place. Subjectivity once again.
    A great way to verify would be to compare the spacebar with the rest of the keys. If the disparity is huge, you know you have a loose one.
    07-27-18 05:37 AM
    A great way to verify would be to compare the spacebar with the rest of the keys. If the disparity is huge, you know you have a loose one.
    My spacebar makes an atleast as loud click sound as if pressed just when touching it on the left or right sight wwithout (hello double typing issue) actually pressing.

I would assume that all spacebars with this problem are wobbly, so it's a certain wway (please fix @blackberry) to tell.
    07-27-18 05:51 AM
    Bought mine from best buy silver model and space bar is as tight as all the other keys no noise at all and no double typing either.
    07-27-18 06:08 AM
    Bought mine from best buy silver model and space bar is as tight as all the other keys no noise at all and no double typing either.
    Congrats on the spacebar.

You probably will experience double typing though:
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000050582
    07-27-18 06:12 AM
    if I gently touch the spacebar on mine, yes, it makes some soft rattling sound, but I have other hobbies so I tend no to that a lot it doesn't actually wobble since it is stuck between two other keys. And the sound it makes when pressed is definitely a click. I suspect that's what a lot of people have been experiencing and considered horrendous.
    07-27-18 06:16 AM
    if I gently touch the spacebar on mine, yes, it makes some soft rattling sound, but I have other hobbies so I tend no to that a lot it doesn't actually wobble since it is stuck between two other keys. And the sound it makes when pressed is definitely a click. I suspect that's what a lot of people have been experiencing and considered horrendous.
    It's really worse on mine. I will keep it as it is out of stock and I don't want to go through RMA hassle.

But it's definitely a loud click (as load as really pressed) and that is not normal - point period.
    It's also not stiff in place like in my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    07-27-18 06:39 AM
    It seems the loose spacebar is only found in the Black edition. Is it true based on your observation?
    Just the Rogers black devices as I've observed it. I don't believe other black or silvers are affected to the same degree.
    Last edited by mhw100; 07-27-18 at 09:23 AM.
    07-27-18 08:53 AM
    Subjectivity probably enters into it a bit but by loose I mean there is a palpable rattle to a gentle touch, tap or brushing you thumb along it that emits a rattling sound. I don't have that on my replacement but notice it on other colleagues where it does.
    07-27-18 09:01 AM
    Nothing to do with depressing it that provides a click. That part is fine. The rattling noise is a separate issue and is annoying and a known fault since so many devices don't rattle.
    07-27-18 09:19 AM
    The spacebar is always going to both feel and sound different than the other keys. That is due to it being a mechanical switch as compared to all the other keys which are capacitive.

Wobbly on the other hand is subjective and needs explanation. Does your spacebar wobble if you blow air on it? If it doesn't then you're all set. The way the spacebar is designed even the lightest touch with a finger will cause movement either side to side or front to back and this is not a defect.
    07-27-18 09:26 AM
    The spacebar is always going to both feel and sound different than the other keys. That is due to it being a mechanical switch as compared to all the other keys which are capacitive.

Wobbly on the other hand is subjective and needs explanation. Does your spacebar wobble if you blow air on it? If it doesn't then you're all set. The way the spacebar is designed even the lightest touch with a finger will cause movement either side to side or front to back and this is not a defect.
    First this is not about the 'clickyness' in comparison to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Second of course you cannot blow the key away.
    It is clearly not designed to make click noises when not pressed. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ didn't had the problem and the KEY² varies from device to device. If it were by design then all the KEY²'s out there without that problem would be defect which is again obviously not the case.

It is the same discussion as the KEYᵒⁿᵉs SIM-tray. It was solid in place on some devices and totally lose on others producing rattling noise.

One can always state by design and nitpicking but in the end it is a problem and everybody with that problem has the right to spread the word about it without getting false claim accusations by customers without the problem.

I absolutely love the device as I loved my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and probably the upcoming PKB-device, too. But one can be honest about the up and downs.

In this regard I had to edit three double typing bugs writing this text @blackberry. Looking forward to a fix as I hope for future customers that @blackberrymobile fixes the spacebar for all charges.
    07-27-18 09:41 AM

In this regard I had to edit three double typing bugs writing this text @blackberry. Looking forward to a fix as I hope for future customers that @blackberrymobile fixes the spacebar for all charges.
    As Bla1ze posted this morning there is a keyboard beta update being released thru the Playstore that hopefully will fix this issue.
    07-27-18 10:11 AM
    As Bla1ze posted this morning there is a keyboard beta update being released thru the Playstore that hopefully will fix this issue.
    Thank you, staying tuned.
    07-27-18 10:25 AM
    So it's a BB keyboard update that fixed it? Not a monthly security one?
    07-27-18 12:13 PM
    So it's a BB keyboard update that fixed it? Not a monthly security one?
    Yes, if you can't wait for the keyboard update from the Playstore you can snag it from APKMIRROR.
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-27-18 02:39 PM
60 123