01-10-20 01:56 PM
58 123
tools
    In my case it seems to be working. I read the @falbo report on the other thread where he described the left hand side spacebar press to be working.
    I noticed then that when i press the left side of my spacebar it works well always . When i press the right side i still get some failed press. The middle press is where i get more errors.
    The Trick is to put a white sticker on the left side of spacebar to guide my eyes and my thumb to the right point to press the spacebar. I usually press the spacebar with my right thumb so its not so intuitive to press the left side of the spacebar, but with the sticker it gets easier. The fingerpint still works .
    Im getting no erros so far
    Hope it works for others than me

Spacebar FIX TIP-pc144932.jpg
    Marcaroni likes this.
    12-14-19 04:59 PM
    Thanks for the tip and I'm glad it works for you but I don't think I want to add a sticker to the space bar tbh. I have generally got used to the inadequacies of the space bar and swipe up function of the predicted word's. Maybe I should have got the Red edition K2. Thanks again.
    12-14-19 05:18 PM
    Cool that you got it to work, but that's not acceptable for such an expensive device.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-19 06:18 PM
    Cool that you got it to work, but that's not acceptable for such an expensive device.

Posted via CB10
    Can't disagree with this
    zer0ten, mh1983 and SalMan50 like this.
    12-14-19 08:57 PM
    The Trick is
    We shouldn't have to resort to performing "tricks" to have a perfect functioning spacebar on our KEY2s. TCL/Blackberry Mobile should have produced a device that functioned properly... or at the very least come up with a fix.

Bob
    the_boon and whatnow00 like this.
    12-14-19 09:30 PM
    We shouldn't have to resort to performing "tricks" to have a perfect functioning spacebar on our KEY2s. TCL/Blackberry Mobile should have produced a device that functioned properly... or at the very least come up with a fix.

Bob
    it's a "Business-grade" device Bob, "business-grade"...
    Bob80220 and whatnow00 like this.
    12-14-19 10:01 PM
    Creative 'fix' though lol

Posted via CB10
    12-14-19 10:02 PM
    How about the KeyOne? Has it ever had this issue?
    12-15-19 12:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    i totally agree with you. But, returning to the problem, at least in my case, the option would be to throw away it in the trash (better than live with a defective spacebar) and put $1000 (price here) on a new key2 or just use the sticker...and wait for 2020 news about PKB devices...
    12-15-19 06:38 AM
    Thanks for the tip and I'm glad it works for you but I don't think I want to add a sticker to the space bar tbh. I have generally got used to the inadequacies of the space bar and swipe up function of the predicted word's. Maybe I should have got the Red edition K2. Thanks again.
    thank you ! . Actually , you described this solution, so its your merit. I was almost buying a new device, than your post prevented me from doing it. My key 2 is already working fine with the sticker.....now, calmly waiting for key3.....or whatever
    12-15-19 06:49 AM
    thank you ! . Actually , you described this solution, so its your merit. I was almost buying a new device, than your post prevented me from doing it. My key 2 is already working fine with the sticker.....now, calmly waiting for key3.....or whatever
    Glad you're keeping the K2 apart from the above mentioned problems it's a cool device

Posted via my Awesome passport
    12-15-19 07:13 AM
    I really agree with that.
    12-15-19 10:35 AM
    If I lived over there with no BBMo support, I would probably still sell it for parts or something and buy an LE.
    It's just the better device to have when you're "on your own".

Does the spacebar work every single time now when you press on the side of it?
    12-15-19 11:04 AM
    If I lived over there with no BBMo support, I would probably still sell it for parts or something and buy an LE.
    It's just the better device to have when you're "on your own".

Does the spacebar work every single time now when you press on the side of it?
    yes it is working 100% , no flaws if i press on the " white square". it means also that it is a hardware issue in my case , and maybe an overuse issue since its more likely to press on the right side or in the middle with the right thumb ...
    LE would be a good option but i remember the time with my key one where was usual to have lags and reloadings when changing apps, and docs (spreadsheets and docs) , 4gb is not enough in my case....
    12-15-19 11:48 AM
    yes it is working 100% , no flaws if i press on the " white square". it means also that it is a hardware issue in my case , and maybe an overuse issue since its more likely to press on the right side or in the middle with the right thumb ...
    LE would be a good option but i remember the time with my key one where was usual to have lags and reloadings when changing apps, and docs (spreadsheets and docs) , 4gb is not enough in my case....
    Ok I see what you mean.

Maybe the compressed air trick would make it work just as well if you hit the other side of the spacebar or the middle?
    12-15-19 01:56 PM
    Ok I see what you mean.

Maybe the compressed air trick would make it work just as well if you hit the other side of the spacebar or the middle?
    compressed air, clear keyboard cache/data didnt work for me. in fact, now we have a more specific explanation about the issue , it seems to be a mechanical problem on the spacebar, i would guess it is an overuse of the right and middle side since we use the right thumb to press ....of course this should not happen
    12-15-19 07:20 PM
    As long as you don't mind losing the fingerprint capability you could always file off the right side of the space bar... ;-)
    12-15-19 09:23 PM
    Doesn't work on mine. Space bar barely works now. Very hard to write emails...
    12-16-19 07:36 AM
    Doesn't work on mine. Space bar barely works now. Very hard to write emails...
    If you tried everything, just sell the thing for parts unless you can take advantage of BBMo's warranty service
    12-16-19 08:11 AM
    If you tried everything, just sell the thing for parts unless you can take advantage of BBMo's warranty service
    A bit excessive...you can buy replacement keyboards.
    12-16-19 11:48 AM
    A bit excessive...you can buy replacement keyboards.
    Yes there is that option too.

They usually go for around ~$50
    12-16-19 11:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely right!
    The main argument to buy the device is the keyboard so it must work perfectly!
    Then they complain that they don't sell many devices ....
    12-17-19 04:44 PM
    I'm having the same issue... Groan
    12-24-19 11:44 AM
    I hate to see threads like this get more posts...
    12-24-19 11:46 AM
    Guess this is how the K2 will be remembered.
    This was typed perfectly on my Priv; -)
    Bob80220 and elfabio80 like this.
    12-24-19 12:39 PM
58 123