Unlike when I pulled it out of the box, after typing on this for a week the spacebar actually has become louder (more clicky) and when I press left and right sides alternately it feels indeed a bit wobbly.

I'm starting to think it's by design. I have a January production build.

Of course you also start to become more focused on it after all the stories but it's definitely a difference.
    Last edited by Thinkbusiness; 02-11-19 at 05:38 PM.
    02-11-19 05:27 PM
    Unlike when I pulled it out of the box, after typing on this for a week the spacebar actually has become louder (more clicky) and when I press left and right sides alternately it feels indeed a bit wobbly.

Of course you also start to become more focused on it after all the stories but it's definitely a difference.
    My Black KEY2 with an August 3 date of manufacture had a clicky space bar initially but it soon went away from use. I did not have and still don't have a loose/wobbly space bar.

It's very concerning that late builds are dealing with the space bar issue and in your case as you've mentioned the PKB sensitivity issue.

No bueno...

Bob
    02-11-19 06:27 PM

Yeah that is surprising. I have a December build date and mine is fine
    02-11-19 08:06 PM
    My Black KEY2 with an August 3 date of manufacture had a clicky space bar initially but it soon went away from use. I did not have and still don't have a loose/wobbly space bar.

It's very concerning that late builds are dealing with the space bar issue and in your case as you've mentioned the PKB sensitivity issue.

No bueno...

Bob
    Mine also August2018 build and the first thing I check is the wobbly space bar + the "clicking" sound. And same as yours... after months of usage, it seems not as wobbly as it first came out of the box. The clicking sound still there but I prefer it rather than o sound at all.
    02-11-19 10:45 PM

No bueno...

Bob
    Could be of course that I am focusing too much on it. It's a bit of a subjective thing of course. It's not that I feel that the spacebar is actually "loose" and the sensor is working perfectly.

When you place 1 thumb on each side of the spacebar and you press down alternately the spacebar does go from left to right but that might be normal because it is a longer key.

I mean it's not wobbly or loose by itself.
    Last edited by Thinkbusiness; 02-12-19 at 02:51 AM.
    02-12-19 02:27 AM
    Mine was like this for the first few weeks (I got mine the day it was released so up there with the oldest) and then it went away.

Don't worry about it, the more you use it the better it gets.
    02-12-19 09:12 AM
    Mine is a January build also and it has been through two other people before me. My spacebar is just fine
    02-12-19 09:18 AM
    Mine is a January build also and it has been through two other people before me. My spacebar is just fine
    I can't really tell anymore to be honest. Although I can say the click on the spacebar sounds a bit different than the click of the other buttons but not so much that it's bothering me. 😁

I attribute it to the fact that the spacebar is a longer button than the others and the click system underneath will not be the entire width of the button if you know what I mean.
    02-12-19 12:12 PM
    I personally give up on the KEY2.

They just won't acknowledge that it's an actual issue, that's been present since the phone launched.

It's not "subjective" when many people report it, and especially frustrating since they got the spacebar just fine on the KEYone and LE.
    This is as real as the screen lift for the early silver KEYone's.

So what if the button is bigger? Just use the same assembly as the above two devices. Is that too much to handle ?
    If so, then make it smaller.

A spacebar, being a bigger button, should have a more firm click with more resistance than the other keys, and the KEY2 gives you exactly the opposite of that.

The loudness is one thing... the lousy click resistance is another... but the looseness is the WORST of all.

Just bring on the KEY3 already
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-12-19 02:52 PM
    Just bring on the KEY3 already
    I only bought the KEY2 cause the length of time I felt it would take to release the KEY3 and get it at the price I want, would be too long. Going to play with this KEY2 for now and see how it goes.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-12-19 at 11:13 PM.
    02-12-19 05:18 PM
    I only bought the KEY2 cause the length of time I felt it would take to release the KEY3 and get it at the price I want, would be too long. Going to play with this KEY2 for now and see how it goes.
    Since I currently ow n a KEYone as well that was also my initial plan. Skipping the Key2 and immediately going for the key3.

When people reported things like improved performance and the fact that the keys are bigger and no longer glossy I really started to wonder whether I should wait.

IMHO the key3 won't be made available before 2020. When people told me the keyboard on the Key2 was much more of a resemblance to the Paspport I didn't hesitate any longer

I'm glad I upgraded.
    02-16-19 12:51 PM