12-05-19 03:07 PM
48 12
tools
    Well, here we go again! After the October update mine and others Spacebar has started acting up. Space presses are not recognized at times. This started immediately after the last update! Spacebar is solid and no wobble. Have cleared Keyboard Cache and executed a 32+ second reboot and problem persists!

@LiamQ could you please look into this and advise?

If anyone else has noticed this behaviour please feel free to post here. Hopefully the next update will bring the fix.
    Last edited by Crusader03; 11-20-19 at 09:11 PM.
    hamilgs and Bob80220 like this.
    11-20-19 08:53 PM
    If anyone else has noticed this behaviour please feel free to post here. Hopefully the next update will bring the fix.
    A very timely thread as yes, I am experiencing the same issue and it appears this developed after receiving ACE748 OTA in late October. I wasn't experiencing this prior to the last update so I am in agreement.

When typing at my normal, somewhat fast rate, I will experience a space not being inserted occasionally between words after hitting the space bar. If I slow down, and I am deliberate with my space bar press, the space between words is inserted.

If I swipe a predicted word, or touch a predicted word to insert into the the sentence, the space will always appear. Only when using the space bar do I often times not have a space inserted.

Hopefully @LiamQ will read this and if it's keyboard app related or a software issue that will be resolved in an upcoming OS update he can provide some insight.

Bob
    Crusader03 and hamilgs like this.
    11-20-19 09:33 PM
    I have the same problems since last update ACD175 in Germany on my key2 single sim. annoying and waiting for solution of the problem with next update
    hamilgs likes this.
    11-21-19 09:53 AM
    I have the same problems since last update ACD175 in Germany on my key2 single sim. annoying and waiting for solution of the problem with next update
    Yep... as noted, the space issue appeared after an update. Wasn't happening prior... 🤔

Bob
    hamilgs likes this.
    11-21-19 10:15 AM
    Me four, after ACE748.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-21-19 03:53 PM
    this is not good. The key 2 will be soon EOL, and now it is getting updates with very annoying bugs like this. Imagine if the last update introduces bugs like this and the phone will stay forever like this.
    11-22-19 04:30 AM
    Many of us had the bug /fault from the beginning when others were in denial.
    11-22-19 04:35 AM
    Many of us had the bug /fault from the beginning when others were in denial.
    Although I didn't start to experience the space between words issue until just recently, which seems to coincide with receiving the most recent update, I do remember this being reported previously by some here.

Yes, it's unfortunate that some here discount, or attempt with their best efforts to discredit members, when they report issues like this and other issues.

Just because some may not be experiencing the reported issue, I think it's inappropriate to respond, as is typical far to often, that the issue being experienced doesn't exist.

Hopefully this space not being inserted between words when hitting the space bar will be resolved in the next update. When and if that happens... 🤔

Bob
    11-22-19 11:01 AM
    Although I didn't start to experience the space between words issue until just recently, which seems to coincide with receiving the most recent update, I do remember this being reported previously by some here.

Yes, it's unfortunate that some here discount, or attempt with their best efforts to discredit members, when they report issues like this and other issues.

Just because some may not be experiencing the reported issue, I think it's inappropriate to respond, as is typical far to often, that the issue being experienced doesn't exist.

Hopefully this space not being inserted between words when hitting the space bar will be resolved in the next update. When and if that happens... 🤔

Bob
    That's correct but I can remember when my space bar Then started to behave itself after the compressed air method to shift any pocket lint or any foreign bodies that have took up residence under the space bar. Now it's back again. Pressing twice on the rhs for a period just does nothing or keeps moving over and pressing on the left always work's. I've tried the compressed air again but it hasn't changed.
    11-22-19 11:13 AM
    That's correct but I can remember when my space bar Then started to behave itself after the compressed air method to shift any pocket lint or any foreign bodies that have took up residence under the space bar. Now it's back again. Pressing twice on the rhs for a period just does nothing or keeps moving over and pressing on the left always work's. I've tried the compressed air again but it hasn't changed.
    When this issue appeared I did the compressed air cleaning of the space bar but it didn't have any effect unfortunately. That's why my suspicion is, that it was software related to the October update ACE748, as this issue wasn't presenting itself prior to the update.

As I mentioned previously, the space bar performs fine inserting a space between words if I slow my typing down, and I'm deliberate with my hitting the space bar. So it doesn't appear to be a hardware issue in my opinion.

Bob
    11-22-19 11:41 AM
    It's just a pity as it's ruining a good phone, apart from the playstore download issue having to restart my phone. A k3 May have been the ideal device but I think a cure for the common cold may be found first; -)
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-22-19 11:59 AM
    It's just a pity as it's ruining a good phone, apart from the playstore download issue having to restart my phone. A k3 May have been the ideal device but I think a cure for the common cold may be found first; -)
    Despite the annoying unresolved issues, the KEY2 meets my requirements for a smartphone and I think it's a fantastic device.

It's the sacrifice I make to have a PKB device. I will remain optimistic that there might be a KEY3 and the KEY2 issues will have been resolved. I think this will be determined in February at the MWC.

Bob
    the_boon, falbo and hamilgs like this.
    11-22-19 12:14 PM
    I own two Key 2's one black and one silver both the 002 models and both spacebars work perfect on the latest update.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-22-19 06:41 PM
    I own two Key 2's one black and one silver both the 002 models and both spacebars work perfect on the latest update.
    That's the beauty of Droidberry's, it's a hit/miss on who's affected and by how much! Sad really!

Thus I am posting this from my 5 year old Passport!

Posted via my Passport
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-22-19 08:38 PM
    How's ur swipe up function of the predicted word's working?
    11-23-19 04:26 AM
    This is the third time the space bar issue comes up for my Key2 after an update. Eventually it fixes itself though I don't know how- maybe though another update - because of this I became paranoid and reluctant to perform the said updates at times.
    11-23-19 06:00 PM
    This is the third time the space bar issue comes up for my Key2 after an update. Eventually it fixes itself though I don't know how- maybe though another update - because of this I became paranoid and reluctant to perform the said updates at times.
    How much longer will we really receive more updates? When will TCL communicate with owners of the key2? Their performance is terrible and Blackberry should chime in. At least we have a place to purchase new key2's now!
    11-23-19 07:46 PM
    Is this same problem as before just worsening?
    11-24-19 01:55 AM
    Not sure. This is the first time mine was affected by an update. Perhaps another member can elaborate.

Posted via my Passport
    11-24-19 01:14 PM
    Not sure. This is the first time mine was affected by an update. Perhaps another member can elaborate.

Posted via my Passport
    Same for me as well... 😰 I read Rogers is pushing the November update on the 27th so hopefully we will get it pushed OTA next week as well and there will be a fix included... 🤔

Bob
    11-24-19 01:17 PM
    Hope with these Droidberry's is all we have left!

Posted via my Passport
    11-24-19 01:20 PM
    Hope with these Droidberry's is all we have left!

Posted via my Passport
    Hope and optimism... 🤣

Bob
    Crusader03 likes this.
    11-24-19 01:25 PM
    mine got worse on the last week , but was already defective before, not giving appropriate space sometimes . it has a random pattern and i guess its hardware...
    Last edited by aluiziomachado; 11-26-19 at 05:22 PM.
    11-26-19 04:20 PM
    I find out spacebar , finger scanner seems sometimes not working or slow and also my back light of the keyboard doesn"t go out or just don"t go on. it works great for weeks but last update os or maybe beta keyboard did something but after 2 time a factory reset and a new autoloader it doesn light up anymore. so sending it back
    11-26-19 06:16 PM
    Interestingly enough, as stated, three days following the update the space bar magically settled ans is now performing as it should
    11-26-19 08:16 PM
48 12