Have you tried clearing the cache and force stopping the blackberry keyboard app?
    Ive tried to clear cache and also clear the data before force stopping . It doesnt work . I just didnt try the factory reset but my guess it is of no use. Although it works if you give some time after pressing it, it will not happen always and i noticed that some spacebar pressing will just not work at all ,even waiting...
    12-10-19 06:47 AM
    Ive tried to clear cache and also clear the data before force stopping . It doesnt work . I just didnt try the factory reset but my guess it is of no use. Although it works if you give some time after pressing it, it will not happen always and i noticed that some spacebar pressing will just not work at all ,even waiting...
    If you've also tried the compressed air trick and there are still issues, then maybe contact BBMo for a warranty repair/exchange?
    12-10-19 05:22 PM
    If you've also tried the compressed air trick and there are still issues, then maybe contact BBMo for a warranty repair/exchange?
    no chances here in Brazil (its a second hand device) . My doubt now is if i go to another key2 (but i can have the same issue) , a key2 red (that i suppose has a different spacebar but the price and availability are questionable) or even wait for the Unihertz-Titan or maybe give up the PKB ......
    Last edited by aluiziomachado; 12-11-19 at 07:45 AM.
    12-11-19 07:24 AM
    I'm just starting to use my Key2 and I'm running ACF 885 so I don't have any experience to speak of but I find it's working very well for me.
    12-11-19 08:01 AM
    no chances here in Brazil (its a second hand device) . My doubt now is if i go to another key2 (but i can have the same issue) , a key2 red (that i suppose has a different spacebar but the price and availability are questionable) or even wait for the Unihertz-Titan or maybe give up the PKB ......
    In your case, if you really can't get the issue fixed, I'd sell it for parts and use that money to buy an LE
    12-11-19 09:35 AM
    In your case, if you really can't get the issue fixed, I'd sell it for parts and use that money to buy an LE
    sounds good, but :
    1) I could switch back to keyone but i think I cant stand anymore with 4gb ram.I remember the system re loading apps when switching between them on task manager
    2) Is Key2 LE more efficient than Key One ??
    3) does Key2 LE has a better keyboard than Key 2 ?
    12-11-19 02:52 PM
    sounds good, but :
    1) I could switch back to keyone but i think I cant stand anymore with 4gb ram.I remember the system re loading apps when switching between them on task manager
    2) Is Key2 LE more efficient than Key One ??
    3) does Key2 LE has a better keyboard than Key 2 ?

1) Eh, I don't know what apps you run, but 4GB should still be doable in 2020. The LE has the same amount of RAM, but a bit better processor

2) By more efficient, you mean more battery efficient or faster? The LE is not better on battery than the KEYone since it has 500mAh less, but it is a bit faster

3) Yes and no. It has a more reliable spacebar design, but that's about it. Everything else is better on the KEY2, unless you like the overall lighter weight of the LE better because technically the LE is a faster phone to type on. But the key clickiness feels nicer on the KEY2.
    12-11-19 03:21 PM
    1) Eh, I don't know what apps you run, but 4GB should still be doable in 2020. The LE has the same amount of RAM, but a bit better processor

2) By more efficient, you mean more battery efficient or faster? The LE is not better on battery than the KEYone since it has 500mAh less, but it is a bit faster

3) Yes and no. It has a more reliable spacebar design, but that's about it. Everything else is better on the KEY2, unless you like the overall lighter weight of the LE better because technically the LE is a faster phone to type on. But the key clickiness feels nicer on the KEY2.
    thanks for the review
    LE is certainly a good cost-effective option for a defective key 2
    the RAM downgrade is the main fear , imo (i want to open more than one spreadsheet / mail / calendar with no lags or reloadings)

im wondering how many key 2 owners will face the spacebar issue next year . there is a lot of complaints here...
    12-11-19 06:24 PM
    I just installed the latest update here in Germany today. but I still have some problems with the spacebar not working properly. space between words doesn't always work fine. some ideas?
    12-12-19 07:18 AM
    Got the update also this morning and have typed this on my K2. No swipe up issues with predicted word's or the space bar in this short message. Double tap even worked but that could all be coincidence.
    12-12-19 07:46 AM
    after restarting the device the problem still exists. hardware problems??
    12-12-19 08:51 AM
    after restarting the device the problem still exists. hardware problems??
    Sometimes it could be hardware, sometimes not. No one really knows.

Some have tried spraying compressed air at the gap between the chin of the phone and the spacebar to try to remove dust particles and claimed that it worked for them.

Others tried clearing the cache for the BlackBerry Keyboard app, others said an update fixed it...
    12-12-19 08:55 AM
    [QUOTE=aluiziomachado;13471479]LE is certainly a good cost-effective option for a defective key 2

im wondering how many key 2 owners will face the spacebar issue next year . there is a lot of complaints here...
    Hopefully as little as possible, I didn't keep track of the total number of reports of spacebar issues, and then some were fixed later on so it's hard to know. What we do know is that it's not a total failure affecting every single unit like the crappy glue used on the early Silver KEYone's.

Bottom line: The KEY2 spacebar may not be AS reliable as the LE's (or KEYone's even though some have had problems with that one too), so if you live in a country with no BBMo support and no easy access to spare parts, I advise avoiding the KEY2 and going for the LE.
    12-12-19 08:56 AM
    Got the update also this morning and have typed this on my K2. No swipe up issues with predicted word's or the space bar in this short message. Double tap even worked but that could all be coincidence.
    If you would, please provide an update if you continue to have positive performance with the swiping of predicted words and spacebar issues. Although I am always hopeful a resolution to these issues that I experience will be fixed in an update, unfortunately that wasn't the case for me after receiving and installing the November update ACF885.

Bob
    12-12-19 09:28 AM
    I've also tried all the fixes recommended. BbMo would not touch my device because I purchased brand new from eBay and It is an EU variant that I did not know until they checked my IMEI number. I just went and purchased a used Samsung S9 plus and will wait for the Key3 release. I know I will miss my pkb but with the space bar issue I was forced to use the key2 virtual keyboard anyway.
    12-12-19 09:35 AM
    I've also tried all the fixes recommended. BbMo would not touch my device because I purchased brand new from eBay and It is an EU variant that I did not know until they checked my IMEI number. I just went and purchased a used Samsung S9 plus and will wait for the Key3 release. I know I will miss my pkb but with the space bar issue I was forced to use the key2 virtual keyboard anyway.
    That's really unfortunate. Shame on TCL for this poor design, and especially for not repairing yours even if it's an EU version since this is a design flaw. I mean you even proved to them that you bought it brand new.

At this point I would either grab a replacement keyboard from eBay, or sell the device for parts.

But it makes zero sense to keep a PKB device whose spacebar doesn't function.
    12-12-19 10:05 AM
    Same issue here after the November update on unlocked SE
    12-14-19 07:20 AM
    also still same problems in Germany with key² in Germany after update
    12-14-19 09:20 AM
    Hey @falbo... You had mentioned that since receiving and installing the November update ACF885, the swiping of predicted words issue wasn't occurring. In addition, you also mentioned the space between words issue with the spacebar was also fixed on your KEY2.

I am curious if that is still the case?

Bob
    12-14-19 10:37 AM
    i would be glad if it was just a matter of update bad design. But i think this is just an illusion and the reality is that we have hardware issues.Its hard to decide the next step because the device is still usable although annoying many times, and the key 2 survival on 2020 is questionable in some aspects (updates/spacebar issue) to buy a new one
    Last edited by aluiziomachado; 12-14-19 at 11:00 AM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-14-19 10:45 AM
    Hey @falbo... You had mentioned that since receiving and installing the November update ACF885, the swiping of predicted words issue wasn't occurring. In addition, you also mentioned the space between words issue with the spacebar was also fixed on your KEY2.

I am curious if that is still the case?

Bob
    Hi Bob,
    It's back to its usual self at times with the swipe up but the space bar works every time on the left hand side. Even the double press of the space bar inserts a period however if I press the right hand side of the space bar twice it just moves the cursor over, one press on the right does nothing. But then it just work correctly on the last sentence. I've kind of gotten used to it by now and don't let it annoy me but it's not acceptable for ' The return of a icon ' ;-)
    12-14-19 12:25 PM
    I should also have added that after a 32 second reboot it behaves itself for a while.
    12-14-19 12:27 PM
    Hi Bob,
    It's back to its usual self at times with the swipe up but the space bar works every time on the left hand side. Even the double press of the space bar inserts a period however if I press the right hand side of the space bar twice it just moves the cursor over, one press on the right does nothing. But then it just work correctly on the last sentence. I've kind of gotten used to it by now and don't let it annoy me but it's not acceptable for ' The return of a icon ' ;-)
    Thanks for the update... I didn't notice any change after the November update. I find with the space between words issue if I pause before hitting the spacebar I get the space every time. The swiping of predicted words unfortunately has been present since launch and it appears to be an issue that will never be resolved. The space between words issue showed up for me with the October update. I wasn't experiencing this issue prior to then.

I do clear the keyboard app cache periodically and also do the 32 second reboot, but honestly I don't see any improvement.

I've just learned to live with these keyboard hiccups... I do wish I didn't have to but it's the hand I've been dealt from TCL/Blackberry Mobile.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 12-14-19 at 02:55 PM.
    12-14-19 01:38 PM
    stillnot solved. damnproblem
    12-21-19 11:00 AM
    Could you not just return the device and/or file a claim through eBay since device wasn’t properly disclosed?
    12-21-19 01:40 PM
113 12345