which update did you receive?
    11-27-19 04:53 AM
    the mystery of three days : three days after ACF885 the space bar seems to be ok....
    Bob80220 and the_boon like this.
    11-30-19 05:57 AM
    Myspacebarstillisnotworking this isthe worsetyping experience ever
    12-01-19 04:08 AM
    Ouch.

I'd try to get warranty repair/exchange on it, or at least try to change the keyboard yourself but don't stay with a crappy spacebar.

Below is a replacement keyboard:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F193014824852
    12-01-19 10:28 AM
    Thank you! Have begun the warranty process.

This was typed using the key2 virtual keyboard. ......
    12-02-19 09:45 AM
    acf885 save my key2 alter many randomly spacebar and fingerprint issues
    12-03-19 08:24 PM
    what do you mean? did it solve the problems?
    12-04-19 08:00 AM
    I hope it works for my space bar issue. I've tried going through bb support and they would not fix my keyboard because it is a UK variant. if the update doesn't address my issue I will be looking to move on from Blackberry. I am already forced to use my key2 virtual keyboard anyways.
    12-04-19 10:55 AM
    Why would anyone send a phone for repair when a software update is the likely culprit for a malfunctioning button?

Just wait for the next update to see if it will be corrected.
    12-04-19 11:30 AM
    Since receiving ACF885 last night, it appears with limited testing today, the space not being inserted when hitting the spacebar I was experiencing has been fixed. I will know better as the day progresses.

Bob
    12-04-19 12:06 PM
    Definitely looks promising with this latest update.

Posted via my Passport
    12-04-19 12:25 PM
    BB support sent instructions to test the keyboard and if the keyboard failed (which mine did) they established it was a hardware problem and not a software issue. But now I'm seeing that the issue MAY be a software issue. Just waiting on the update to arrive to confirm.
    12-04-19 01:48 PM
    I am still experiencing the occasional hiccup of a space not being inserted after typing a word. I normally don't type this way as I typically swipe or tap a predicted word into the sentence and a space is always inserted. The spacebar types spaces as it should and only when I hit the spacebar after typing a word it will sometimes fail to do so. I'm thinking it might be the way I'm initiating the spacebar and having a lazy thumb... not hitting it with proper pressure as I don't usually type this way as I've mentioned...

Or perhaps I'm still continuing to hold my KEY2 wrong... 🤣

Bob
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-04-19 02:44 PM
    I am still experiencing the occasional hiccup of a space not being inserted after typing a word. I normally don't type this way as I typically swipe or tap a predicted word into the sentence and a space is always inserted. The spacebar types spaces as it should and only when I hit the spacebar after typing a word it will sometimes fail to do so. I'm thinking it might be the way I'm initiating the spacebar and having a lazy thumb... not hitting it with proper pressure as I don't usually type this way as I've mentioned...

Or perhaps I'm still continuing to hold my KEY2 wrong...

Bob
    Yeah to rule out a software issue, try to deliberately wait for half a second after the last letter of each word before hitting the spacebar. If a space is entered 100% of the time when you wait it out, then it's for sure software (which is most likely the case anyway since the issue started with the October update)
    Bob80220 likes this.
    12-04-19 08:11 PM
    I'm not leaning towards hardware because if I do slow my roll after typing a word and hit the spacebar the space will appear every time. The spacebar functions as it should with creating spaces and the fingerprint scanner works as it should. I was hoping a fix would be included with the November update as this issue appeared after receiving the October update. So I'm thinking it's a software issue as well.

Bob
    the_boon likes this.
    12-04-19 08:24 PM
    I'm not leaning towards hardware because if I do slow my roll after typing a word and hit the spacebar the space will appear every time. The spacebar functions as it should with creating spaces and the fingerprint scanner works as it should. I was hoping a fix would be included with the November update as this issue appeared after receiving the October update. So I'm thinking it's a software issue as well.

Bob
    Maybe clear the cache (not the data!) for the BlackBerry Keyboard app ?
    12-04-19 08:30 PM
    Maybe clear the cache (not the data!) for the BlackBerry Keyboard app ?
    Been there done that...

Bob
    12-04-19 08:32 PM
    after ACF885 I thought it could be fixed, but than it got a random pattern. There are periods when the spacebar seems to be ok, and i get an entire screen writing with no problems (and i think it is improving and getting better) but sometimes i still have it failing 2 times in a paragraph for instance. When it happens i start looking for another device on the web ....it is very frustrating write a message and than , at the end, see that you have to comeback and rewrite. Still not convinced if it is a hard or soft problem...my guess its hardware
    12-05-19 07:07 AM
    after ACF885 I thought it could be fixed, but than it got a random pattern. There are periods when the spacebar seems to be ok, and i get an entire screen writing with no problems (and i think it is improving and getting better) but sometimes i still have it failing 2 times in a paragraph for instance. When it happens i start looking for another device on the web ....it is very frustrating write a message and than , at the end, see that you have to comeback and rewrite. Still not convinced if it is a hard or soft problem...my guess its hardware
    Like I suggest above, try to leave a split second between when you hit the last letter of each word and when you hit the spacebar, to see if it's for sure software related.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    12-05-19 07:45 AM
    Like I suggest above, try to leave a split second between when you hit the last letter of each word and when you hit the spacebar, to see if it's for sure software related.
    yes, although it not happens all the time i got the problem reproduced even when i take pauses before hitting space. It seems not to be related to typing speed. I still didnt get the trigger , if it exist.
    12-05-19 08:17 AM
    Go into the settings, then applications, then tap "show all" from the right-top menu. Find the keyboard android module (and blackberry too) and use "clear data" after jumping into the storage sub-settings. Force-stop is also a MUST before you clear data.

Then reboot. If that doesn't work, a factory reset will. Reason being? Old, inaccessible data/settings is the problem that the "update" is having a conflict with, and that's causing the space bar's presses not to register, despite being in perfect functional physical shape.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    pizzawheel likes this.
    12-05-19 01:39 PM

Or perhaps I'm still continuing to hold my KEY2 wrong...

Bob
    Ah for sure!! Lol!!
    Bob80220 likes this.
    12-05-19 01:46 PM
    i think yours is "dirt" problem already. try the compress air solution.
    12-05-19 02:07 PM
    Yes! Since a few weeks or so my spacebar has become really laggy too. I thought it was a mechanical issue at first but Ive cleaned it to no avail. After pressing it, if you dont give it enough time to insert the space before typing another letter, it will simply skip the space and just merge the words, as shown above.

Running on ACE748

Its such a pain in the *** Ive considered switching back to Key1.
    12-09-19 03:54 PM
    Yes! Since a few weeks or so my spacebar has become really laggy too. I thought it was a mechanical issue at first but Ive cleaned it to no avail. After pressing it, if you dont give it enough time to insert the space before typing another letter, it will simply skip the space and just merge the words, as shown above.

Running on ACE748

Its such a pain in the *** Ive considered switching back to Key1.
    Have you tried clearing the cache and force stopping the blackberry keyboard app?
    12-09-19 10:10 PM
113 1234 ...