So my Key2, still under warranty AND insured by Carphone Warehouse conveniently developed the famous space bar problem just after lockdown. When we thought it was for a few weeks, not much going on anyway and with carphone warehouse oblivious to the needs of its loyal customers I decided to put up with it. But now that things are getting back to some kind of normal it’s no longer do-able. How do I get my phone fixed?
    05-25-20 07:03 PM
    So my Key2, still under warranty AND insured by Carphone Warehouse conveniently developed the famous space bar problem just after lockdown. When we thought it was for a few weeks, not much going on anyway and with carphone warehouse oblivious to the needs of its loyal customers I decided to put up with it. But now that things are getting back to some kind of normal it’s no longer do-able. How do I get my phone fixed?
    Carphone Warehouse has closed its High Street stores before lockdown. Is only outlets now as far as I'm aware where are in Currys shops yes it's all to do with Dixon group
    05-26-20 06:06 AM
    Thank you Neville, yes I know they closed their standalone stores. This has nothing to do with that. The staff in their repairs team are telling me to go directly to the manufacturer of my phone even though a) it is within warranty and as the retailer I bought it from it is their legal responsibility to deal with it on my behalf as they did last November when it had a software problem and b) if it was out of warranty they should deal with it under the insurance policy I pay them £14.99 every month for. They’re currently behaving like back street sleaze bags with their call centre “advisors” using every trick in the book to evade their legal responsibilities. Next step legal action but frankly I’d rather save the energy and just get my phone repaired. But how?
    05-31-20 10:22 AM