A thought. Seems people are having issues with the spacebar. I for one am not. However from an engineering point of view, none of us press the bar at the same angle. Our thumb will greet the spacebar at a variety of typing angles. Thus slight movement of the bar is nessasary to compensate for stress and strain tolerances. If the bar was fixed and rigid it would caused stress on the fixing point and eventually snap. So I would suggest, any movement your experiencing is an engineering tolerance to allow the bar to move at slight angles of the users thumb.
    07-09-18 05:33 AM
    A thought. Seems people are having issues with the spacebar. I for one am not. However from an engineering point of view, none of us press the bar at the same angle. Our thumb will greet the spacebar at a variety of typing angles. Thus slight movement of the bar is nessasary to compensate for stress and strain tolerances. If the bar was fixed and rigid it would caused stress on the fixing point and eventually snap. So I would suggest, any movement your experiencing is an engineering tolerance to allow the bar to move at slight angles of the users thumb.
    It wouldn't cause stress because nobody hits it at the same spot every single time. We alternate with our thumbs based on previous words.

Which is why it's so annoying and obvious when it makes a different sound and feels different with almost every click.

Some sort of Apple-esque taptic engine like their trackpads would be ideal. Click anywhere, identical feel.
    07-09-18 05:41 AM

Some sort of Apple-esque taptic engine like their trackpads would be ideal. Click anywhere, identical feel.
    So you'd want a PKB that doesn't click, but simply to gives haptic feedback when a key is pressed with a certain amount of force?
    07-09-18 06:09 AM
    So you'd want a PKB that doesn't click, but simply to gives haptic feedback when a key is pressed with a certain amount of force?
    Yeah. MacBook trackpads still feel like you're clicking them, and they're a perfect, identical click everytime.
    07-09-18 06:12 AM
    old blackberries didn't need this form of "compensation" .
    07-09-18 06:21 AM
    I had the chance to use one yesterday and in my opinion the space bar has issues and will probably become like the screen issue on the keyone. I canceled my order yesterday after using the key2 in my opinion it’s not up to par.
    07-09-18 07:20 AM
    old blackberries didn't need this form of "compensation" .
    You beat me to it, my passport space bar doesn't wobble and works as it should. I don't have the K2 yet and will only purchase once I get trying one in hand.
    07-09-18 08:03 AM
    Depends on the model u get. I have 0 issues with my space bar besides yes its loud but not loose at all
    I think loose might be the wrong word and that it gives off the wrong impression - if you just glide your finger over the spacebar, you'll find it's not as rigidly in place as any of the other keys, and that you can rock it left and right (without actually clicking it).

Having said that, the degree to which the spacebar can move in place without being clicked seems to vary from unit to unit. It sounds like you got a really good one.
    07-09-18 08:04 AM
    Could those having/not having issues with their KEY2 please post here?

/blackberry-key2-f472/key2-build-dates-thread-1151064/
    07-09-18 08:09 AM
    I don't have an issue typing wise but I have been having issues with the fingerprint scanner. Have restarted phone, removed and added fingerprints, still not luck
    07-09-18 08:34 AM