My cousin new KEY2, he is experiencing that when he taps the space bar he gets a period not a space.
    The double tap of the space bar does produce a period. Is there a bug with the space bar.
    09-17-18 01:25 PM
    You can disable double tap spacebar to insert period in Settings -> System -> Languages & Input -> I forgot after this but it is there lol
    09-17-18 02:05 PM
    My cousin new KEY2, he is experiencing that when he taps the space bar he gets a period not a space.
    The double tap of the space bar does produce a period. Is there a bug with the space bar.
    That's not a bug. It's a nice feature!
    09-17-18 04:48 PM
    I just started getting a period with only a single tap of the spacebar. I like the double tap feature so I don't want to turn it off. Any suggestions on how to turn down the sensitivity of this?
    03-08-19 09:47 AM
    Yes, this is a bug. It comes and goes. I have been waiting for an update to fix it but it is being swept under the rug.

Sometimes it works, then sometime no space, sometimes you double click and the cursor moves two spaces without a period and sometimes you get double click with one press. Once in a while you can hit the space bar then after a lag voila a space appears...

I think it's a feature, just to add some dynamics to your usual mundane typing experience.
    03-08-19 02:41 PM
    That's what warranty is for. Never happened on mine, and trust me, I am very heavy user.
    03-09-19 02:32 AM
    I have never seen that single tap sensitivity after nearly 2 years on my k1. Any chance there is an accidental double tap happening? Will look for it now myself.
    03-09-19 03:48 PM
    I would turn the feature off and just use the spacebar for, well, spaces and see if no spaces are ever missed.

If none, then it would probably be just a small software bug with that specific feature.
    03-09-19 10:53 PM
    I had the same problem, with that damn double typing (space bar only) or even worse, the space bar tap that wouldn't register... I didn't want to use the warranty and leave my phone for months...
    so i used a very thin blade to lift the space bar carefully, and then sprayed some ethyl alcohol and compressed air (cleaning Duster) under the space bar.
    And it worked like a charm!
    However be careful not to scratch the frets or chin, especially if you have a silver Key 2 :-(
    03-10-19 09:29 AM
    OK, I factory reset my Key2 then tried typing before I installing any apps. It was better but still a problem there. I called bbmo tech support, very helpful but no improvement. So, I sent it in for repair.

It has already arrived at the repair center. I will update when I get the phone back.

Back to my passport for now.

When I was talking to the tech he told me they just opened a repair center in Florida. Just. Some info for anyone living in the states.
    03-12-19 05:54 PM
    When I was talking to the tech he told me they just opened a repair center in Florida.
    Did he specify where in FL?
    03-12-19 10:46 PM
    No, he just said to me that he would email me a FedEx Shipping label to have the phone sent to the Florida repair center. I said but I live in Canada. He said "no problem, I just assumed that you lived in the States". I mentioned to him that I read some complaints on crackberry about no repair center in the US. That's when he said it just opened, without giving any other details.

I live 10 minutes way from the Canadian repair center.
    03-13-19 12:22 PM
    Well I guess no warranty for me. Apparently the phone doesn't meet their warranty standard.

I told them to send it back and I will try what polopoulos suggested.

I will upload some pictures when I get the phone back.

I don't know. I have a 9800 9900 Z10' Z30 passport and a Priv. All of them I bought new and used them well. They are all still working without any problems. Anyway whatever.

I am enjoying my Passport.
    03-13-19 06:40 PM
    Well I guess no warranty for me. Apparently the phone doesn't meet their warranty standard.

I told them to send it back and I will try what polopoulos suggested.

I will upload some pictures when I get the phone back.

I don't know. I have a 9800 9900 Z10' Z30 passport and a Priv. All of them I bought new and used them well. They are all still working without any problems. Anyway whatever.

I am enjoying my Passport.
    What the hell does that mean "doesn't meet their warranty standards" ?

You bought the phone from an authorized retailer in your region, and sent in to a repair center in that same region?
    03-13-19 08:20 PM
    I bought the phone out right from Rogers, 7 months ago. I called blackberry technical hot Line. They said for me to go through them for the warranty repair.

The phone looks great except two marks from a homemade phone Holder I made for my Priv. I modified it for the Key2 and it damaged the phone. They are saying because of the two marks on the top of the phone. The visible damage voids the warranty.
    03-13-19 08:30 PM
    I bought the phone out right from Rogers, 7 months ago. I called blackberry technical hot Line. They said for me to go through them for the warranty repair.

The phone looks great except two marks from a homemade phone Holder I made for my Priv. I modified it for the Key2 and it damaged the phone. They are saying because of the two marks on the top of the phone. The visible damage voids the warranty.
    That's just BS. What do two wear marks on the top of the device have to do with a spacebar issue?

Then they wonder why people get turned off from the brand?
    03-13-19 08:53 PM
    The issue I've had from the beginning is either the double tap produces no period, or I get a space before the period. I noticed it mostly in the Opera browser. It works ok in some apps. It was such an annoyance that I had even stopped trying to use it.
    03-16-19 08:17 AM
    Well my key 2 is finally on its way back from BB 360 repair, or I should say 360 not repaired. They held onto my phone for almost a week then they send me an email asking if I have changed my mine and if I want them to repair the phone. Out of warranty of course. Doesn't seem to be very professionally run organization. Any way over it and moving on.

I am going to give the key2 to my mom. She hardly ever uses the key board. Just needs a phone with a good battery.

I just picked up a one plus 6T. It should be interesting, my first time in I don't know how many years to have a daily driver that isn't a Blackberry.
    03-19-19 07:16 PM
    Well my key 2 is finally on its way back from BB 360 repair, or I should say 360 not repaired. They held onto my phone for almost a week then they send me an email asking if I have changed my mine and if I want them to repair the phone. Out of warranty of course. Doesn't seem to be very professionally run organization. Any way over it and moving on.

I am going to give the key2 to my mom. She hardly ever uses the key board. Just needs a phone with a good battery.

I just picked up a one plus 6T. It should be interesting, my first time in I don't know how many years to have a daily driver that isn't a Blackberry.
    It's just sad. These lazy repair centers..
    03-19-19 11:54 PM

Why don't you post here pics of the phone's damage?
    Today 08:37 AM