I lovemy my key2. The only problemis, the space bar buttonwont't register at first click. I have to literally goback just make sure that the space is there between words. I am currently typing without going back to words to put space between words again.

Thetyping experience is really annoying. I have brought my key2 to authorised service centre to have it repaired. 3 months later, the problem isthere again.I don't know what to do. It would be great if I can claim fora warranty exchange.

Does any of you experience the problem where the space buttonwon't register at first click? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    04-14-19 07:41 AM
    I lovemy my key2. The only problemis, the space bar buttonwont't register at first click. I have to literally goback just make sure that the space is there between words. I am currently typing without going back to words to put space between words again.

Thetyping experience is really annoying. I have brought my key2 to authorised service centre to have it repaired. 3 months later, the problem isthere again.I don't know what to do. It would be great if I can claim fora warranty exchange.

Does any of you experience the problem where the space buttonwon't register at first click? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    It sounds like a hardware failure, and it should be under warranty.
    04-14-19 11:49 AM
    My space bar sometimes suffers from not inserting a full stop when I double press it but always works for a space. Are you having any issues with the swipe up on the pkb to insert the selected word suggestions? Some of us are experiencing this and may take two or three sometimes four swipes before the word will move up.
    Hope you get sorted as it's a good phone otherwise.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-14-19 12:39 PM
    My space bar sometimes suffers from not inserting a full stop when I double press it but always works for a space
    That's acceptable in my book, but definitely not the issues that the OP is having.
    Just from reading his post you can see missed spaces, which is something that really sucks with some units of the KEY2.
    04-14-19 02:48 PM
    Key2 is a great space fail...^^
    the_boon likes this.
    04-14-19 03:39 PM
    Yes you’re not the only one. I have already seen a fair few with the problem, which included me.
    Unluckily I couldn’t get a warranty service and ended up selling it. Some have suggested using Compress Air to clean up dust under the spacebar ca Help
    04-14-19 05:03 PM
    Yes you’re not the only one. I have already seen a fair few with the problem, which included me.
    Unluckily I couldn’t get a warranty service and ended up selling it. Some have suggested using Compress Air to clean up dust under the spacebar ca Help
    Yeah the compressed air trick sometimes works - if not you'll likely have to get a replacement through warranty - take it from me, I'm on my third Key2 because of the Spacebar issues I've had (but can't resist the device!)
    04-14-19 05:04 PM
    Yeah the compressed air trick sometimes works - if not you'll likely have to get a replacement through warranty - take it from me, I'm on my third Key2 because of the Spacebar issues I've had (but can't resist the device!)
    That was my concern and that’s why I sold it. I just couldn’t imagine me blowing air every now and then. My issue came because I left the device unused for a month as I was on an iPhone. It looks like that allowed the dust to settle in.
    Those who didn’t experience it, this feels worse than the cursor / sym mode issue popping up, as you can turn off the gestures but can’t live without spacebar.

I feel the spacebar unable to enter space is very counterproductive. Perhaps you can start using the left thumb to enter space, maybe that side of the spacebar is cleaner.
    04-14-19 05:13 PM
    Those who didn’t experience it, this feels worse than the cursor / sym mode issue popping up, as you can turn off the gestures but can’t live without spacebar.

I feel the spacebar unable to enter space is very counterproductive. Perhaps you can start using the left thumb to enter space, maybe that side of the spacebar is cleaner.
    ^^ THIS ^^

This is exactly why I sold both my KEY2's last year even though they worked perfect, because I was afraid they would develop spacebar issues down the road and didn't wanna take a chance.

There was a thread with over 2400 posts on the cursor issue, but barely any attention on the spacebar which could potentially be much bigger problem.

Of course I would prefer the larger keyboard, better processor and larger battery of the KEY2, but having a perfect spacebar is more important, which is why I "downgraded" to the LE and K1BE, because they just work, as in I've only had good experiences with them.
    TheBond likes this.
    04-14-19 06:30 PM
    i had made a post about the space bar failing way back within few weeks of key2 release. and there were already handful of people admitted that they had the same issue within that post. I got it replaced from bestbuy since it was within 30 days and I did not have the same critical issue with next three key2. but they all had a different issue.

I love PKB and key2 so much in design and usability perspective, but the build quality has been so crap with this phone. I finally got my 4th key2 without any issue to continue using. I had to go through 4 key1, 3 privs... and 2 passport to get the non faulty unit. thats 4 devices in a row to have that serious level of quality problem, which never happened to me with other brands ever... (samsung and lg mostly)

but hey.... I am still using blackberry today.
    04-14-19 10:30 PM
    Often but not always
    04-15-19 11:00 AM
    My PRIV space bar is perfect. Swiping is also perfect!
    the_boon likes this.
    04-15-19 04:12 PM
    Have the same problem. Only starting to have this issue recently. In the past a quick press would register a space without fault. Now, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it ends up with "." instead. So now have to pay extra attention to what is registered on screen.
    Still learning to live with it. Otherwise will be hoping to get another phone, possibly the f(x) tec pro1, while hoping for new key3 next year.
    04-26-19 03:15 AM
    Have the same problem. Only starting to have this issue recently. In the past a quick press would register a space without fault. Now, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it ends up with "." instead. So now have to pay extra attention to what is registered on screen.
    Still learning to live with it. Otherwise will be hoping to get another phone, possibly the f(x) tec pro1, while hoping for new key3 next year.
    Haven't run into the problem of the spacebar not picking up the space yet although the spacebar feels a bit clicky than the other buttons.

If I would have the issue you describe I would try to clean the keyboard first (you never known some dust or dirt particles are the reason for this)

If the issue remains after that I would make sure I send it in for repairs.

Nothing more frustrating than buttons that don't register correctly when you press them.

Wouldn't be to sure about a Key3 ever being built.
    04-28-19 04:59 AM
    The only time I notice that problem is after typing a word that ends with an "n". The two words it does it most often with is in and on. I think it's because I hit the space bar before I have completely lifted the "n" key on those short words.
    04-28-19 11:31 PM
    I've also got the same problem with my Key 2 but the exact opposite... I can't for the life of me get the thing to stop double spacing... some times I'll be typing and see I've double spaced because I've got so many periods in my typing... I've fixed the period issue with turning it off in keyboard settings but still double space every so often.... Mostly happens if I space on left or right of space and not in center of the space bar
    04-29-19 03:32 PM
    I was going to try an air spray can that they use for cleaning gunk out of regular keyboards. Still might. But I kind of massaged the spacebar and flicked it with my finger and thumb and that seemed to dislodge them what may have been causing the stickiness.

just a thought
    04-29-19 03:51 PM