Did it come from the Play Store?
    It did.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-09-20 02:31 PM
    It did.

Which AT&T security patch are you on? I seems like the AT&T version isn't pre-loaded with this TCL Sound Recorder App.
    02-09-20 02:32 PM
    Which AT&T security patch are you on? I seems like the AT&T version isn't pre-loaded with this TCL Sound Recorder App.
    The last one....Nov. 1

The AT&T build doesn't have the File Manager either, FWIW.

CORRECTION: It does having the "Files" app. I have no idea when that appeared.

02-09-20 02:35 PM
    The last one....Nov. 1

The AT&T build doesn't have the File Manager either, FWIW.

I wonder why AT&T removed those...

If you wanted to try the TCL Blackberry Sound Recorder to see if it even installs, the most recent version is on apkmirror.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-apk-download/
    02-09-20 02:39 PM
    I wonder why AT&T removed those...

If you wanted to try the TCL Blackberry Sound Recorder to see if it even installs, the most recent version is on apkmirror.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-apk-download/
    I would be happy to try it, but my phone isn't configured to install apps from APKMirror.

02-09-20 02:45 PM
    Looking at APK Mirror, this is what I think: I currently have the BlackBerry Files app, but it's just called "Files" on my device. I previously had, and deleted, the BlackBerry Sound Recorder app, but it was just called "Sound Recorder" on my phone.

Neither of these files were included with my phone when I bought it, in 2017. I know that the Files app wasn't pushed to the AT&T variant for at least a year. I don't know when Sound Recorder was added.

The BlackBerry and Alcatel Sound Recorder apps use very similar icons. I wonder if they share a common code base.

02-09-20 03:00 PM
    I would be happy to try it, but my phone isn't configured to install apps from APKMirror.

For other's who might want to try it on their Priv or AT&T Keyone which don't come with the Sound Recorder, I can confirm that it does install successfully on the Priv.

I then successfully removed the internet permission from the app using Lucky Patcher, and it still installs on the Priv, for those interested in using this Sound Recorder App, while ensuring it has no chance of connecting to the net.
    Attached Thumbnails Sounder Recorder (System App)-screenshot_20200209-135640.jpg   Sounder Recorder (System App)-screenshot_20200209-135643.jpg   Sounder Recorder (System App)-screenshot_20200209-135647.jpg   Sounder Recorder (System App)-screenshot_20200209-135650.jpg   Sounder Recorder (System App)-screenshot_20200209-135702.jpg  

02-09-20 03:02 PM

So, I gave permission to my browser to install the BlackBerry Voice Recorder, and it installed successfully. I was also able to delete it without a problem.

chetmanley likes this.
    02-09-20 03:07 PM
    So, I gave permission to my browser to install the BlackBerry Voice Recorder, and it installed successfully. I was also able to delete it without a problem.

Another option is to download the application using the browser, but then install it using your trusted file manager which does have permission to install 3rd party apps. This way the browser doesn't need to be given permission to install anything which I feel is less risky.
    02-09-20 03:09 PM
    Another option is to download the application using the browser, but then install it using your trusted file manager which does have permission to install 3rd party apps. This way the browser doesn't need to be given permission to install anything which I feel is less risky.
    Yes. I figured that out! I already turned off the permissions, but using the file manager is much better!

chetmanley likes this.
    02-09-20 03:11 PM
    I don't know if BlackBerry Sound Recorder is supposed to integrate with any other Hub apps, such as notes, tasks, etc. It does not on my phone.

02-09-20 03:20 PM
    I don't know if BlackBerry Sound Recorder is supposed to integrate with any other Hub apps, such as notes, tasks, etc. It does not on my phone.

That's normal, it doesn't.
    02-09-20 03:29 PM
    That's normal, it doesn't.
    OK. So, this is what I think happened, in my case:

1: When I received my KEYone in 2017, it lacked both a built-in file manager and a built-in voice recorder. Frustrating, but typical Android, so no biggie. I created a shortcut to the built-in Downloads app and used that for basic file management.

2. At some point, I needed a recorder app for a presentation, so I found one in the Google Play Store, used it, then deleted it. (But I forgot I deleted it!)

3. At some point in mid-late 2019, AT&T added the BlackBerry Files and BlackBerry Sound Recorder apps, without communicating that to users. The names of the apps were simply Files and Sound Recorder.

4. When I read the VPNPro blog post about TCL apps, I remembered downloading a recording app from the app store, and went looking for the "Sound Recorder" app mentioned in the blog.

5. I found the BlackBerry Sound Recorder, but because it was simply named "Sound Recorder" and because TCL manufactured my KEYone, I assumed it was the TCL app, and I deleted it.

It's interesting that I could delete that app when others can't, but I attribute that to the unique way that AT&T has been patching the KEYone. I'm curious now whether the Files app is also a system app that can't be deleted on other variants of the KEYone, and if I could delete that on my phone.

02-09-20 03:45 PM
    On my Keyone and 2, the Files app is a system app which can be disabled, but not uninstalled.
    02-09-20 03:49 PM
    On my Keyone and 2, the Files app is a system app which can be disabled, but not uninstalled.
    I confirmed it's the same on my KEYone. However, once I disabled Files, I could not locate it in my apps to re-enable it.

02-09-20 03:57 PM
    I confirmed it's the same on my KEYone. However, once I disabled Files, I could not locate it in my apps to re-enable it.

I just tried on my Keyone. Once disabled, it still appears under Settings->Apps&notifications and I was able to re-enable it.
    02-09-20 04:03 PM
    I just tried on my Keyone. Once disabled, it still appears under Settings->Apps&notifications and I was able to re-enable it.
    Thanks. I managed it as well.

Conclusion from all this confusion about my AT&T Space Black KEYone ::

The BlackBerry Sound Recorder app is different from the suspect TCL one. It was preloaded on my AT&T KEYone, but I was able to uninstall (not just disable) it.

The BlackBerry Files app is a system app on my KEYone. I can disable it but cannot delete it.

chetmanley and howarmat like this.
    02-09-20 04:07 PM
    hopefully crusader can now sleep easily without airplane mode on
    02-09-20 05:12 PM
    My Passport gives me worry free sleep anytime. My K2, well, sleeping with one eye open is probably best!

Posted via my Passport
    02-09-20 06:57 PM
    My Passport gives me worry free sleep anytime. My K2, well, sleeping with one eye open is probably best!

Posted via my Passport
    I'd be more worried about the Passport.

You're likely using an old browser and deprecated Android apps.
    02-09-20 07:37 PM
    Hahaha, you would!

Posted via my Passport
    02-09-20 08:33 PM

You're likely using an old browser and deprecated Android apps.
    Hahaha, you would!

Posted via my Passport
    Was I wrong?
    02-09-20 09:32 PM
    Oh goodness No! You can never be wrong! Lol!

Posted via my Passport
    skrble likes this.
    02-09-20 10:47 PM

Posted via my Passport
    I have no idea. I asked you if you ever use the old native browser or use deprecated Android apps.
    02-09-20 10:53 PM

Posted via my Passport
    What is your problem? You come here for help and you diss anything that doesn't satisfy your predetermined notions.
    02-09-20 10:54 PM
85 1234