Here are some issues I read from a Chinese forum. I will keep adding to the list if I read more.

1. Phone call on speaker is not loud enough

2. Voice message is not loud enough. If recording from a small distance, the sound is not clear in play back.

3. Yellowish screen, visiable at night.
    3. Half more yellowish screen under night mode, pic attached at #25

4. The space bar feels a bit loose, compared to other keys. (multiple users reported this)

5. flash storage is eMMC, not UFS.

5. Plastic frame around keys, may not glue well in a feedback comment. (Multiple reports now, one pic is attached at #46 ).
    Last edited by Fred Wu; 06-16-18 at 06:04 AM.
    Nizar Maaroufi and Kevil S like this.
    06-13-18 08:50 AM
    Here are some issues I read from a Chinese forum. I will keep adding to the list if I read more.

2. Voice message is not loud enough. If recording from a small distance, the sound is not clear in play back.

3. Yellowish screen, clear at night.

4. The space bar feels a bit loose. (multiple users reported this)

Could you explain pro/con of #5 ?
    06-13-18 08:56 AM
    These seem to be non-issues so far. Thanks for reporting, this is really interesting.
    06-13-18 08:57 AM
    Could you explain pro/con of #5
    Sorry, I should not include 5 there, as it is a hardware choice by BBM, not a quality issue.
    06-13-18 08:58 AM

3. Yellowish screen, clear at night.

4. The space bar feels a bit loose. (multiple users reported this)

5. Plastic frame around keys, may not glue well in a feedback comment.
    So no good things then? Tough crowd.
    stlabrat and asiayeah like this.
    06-13-18 09:05 AM
    So no good things then? Tough crowd.
    These are the very first batch released in the world. Started to sell in China on Tuesday, and people got it on Tuesday. Just report the potential quality issues people have encountered.
    06-13-18 09:11 AM
    Sorry, I should not include 5 there, as it is a hardware choice by BBM, not a quality issue.
    For the price, though?

Anyway, at least the screen is glued on.
    anon(9188202) and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-13-18 09:43 AM
    3. Yellowish screen, visiable at night.
    You sure they did not just turn on night light mode in Oreo? My Essential does that.
    06-13-18 10:10 AM
    Can post the link to the Chinese forum that u mentioned?
    06-13-18 10:16 AM
    Please excuse my ignorance but does Google Play Store or Google in general work in China?
    06-13-18 10:16 AM
    Please excuse my ignorance but does Google Play Store or Google in general work in China?
    No Google Play Store or services in China (and yet for some reason they all seem to get along without it--go figure!--they have their own equivalent).
    06-13-18 10:19 AM
    Blocked. Chinese KEYones have GMS disabled out of the box.

They have a different app store (Tencent) and browser (Baidu) stock.
    06-13-18 10:22 AM
    Interesting. You would think with the KEY2 and other Android based phones, that these phones wouldn't work at all. Android is Google after all.
    06-13-18 10:26 AM
    Interesting. You would think with the KEY2 and other Android based phones, that these phones wouldn't work at all. Android is Google after all.
    GMS could be enabled in the developer options, and the store can be sideloaded. Then it'll work just like any other Android phone.

It did involve installing some APK, not sure if KEY2 will have it included in retail.

If anything that's common practice for sellers to enable GMS or reflashing the ROM when exporting Chinese phones overseas.
    06-13-18 10:29 AM
    Android is Google after all.
    Not necessarily. Lots of android roms kicking around on rooted devices some of which have no Play Services installed (you have a choice, it's just that most choose to install the services in a custom rom). Of course this doesn't apply to the BB mob devices because they can't be rooted. They can, however, be flashed with any version of custom android rom at the factory in China and that means no Google.
    06-13-18 10:33 AM
    You guys are being off topic...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 10:45 AM
    Could you explain pro/con of #5 ?
    http://en.miui.com/thread-237786-1-1.html

TL;DR: Speed.
    06-13-18 11:22 AM
    Great article thanks for the link!
    06-13-18 01:31 PM
    The frame around the keys issue is potentially concerning. It would be horrible if the keys started getting stuck underneath the frame as the ONLY obvious differentiator (aside from the BB security) is that keyboard. If users start complaining about the keys getting caught underneath the frame, it'll make screen-pop-gate look like a walk in the park.

No glue on a screen is one thing... that could happen to any OEM. But a messed up keyboard? There's only one OEM today that would be in a position to make that mistake. I really hope this is a one-off and not a precursor to a manufacturing defect! Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!
    06-13-18 01:37 PM
    #3 is exactly what nightmode does. I think this one can be safely disregarded as ignorance.

#5 I wondered/worried about this when I saw the first pics. Jobs would have delayed shipping until they could have made the whole top frame a single peice of AL insteda of half AL have plastic. So the silver one will be painted plastic. Atleast the black will likely be black plastic, and wear better. But until I see one, I will reserve judgement.

Regardless, I am still buying one.
    Byrese likes this.
    06-13-18 01:50 PM
    The frame around the keys issue is potentially concerning. It would be horrible if the keys started getting stuck underneath the frame as the ONLY obvious differentiator (aside from the BB security) is that keyboard. If users start complaining about the keys getting caught underneath the frame, it'll make screen-pop-gate look like a walk in the park.

No glue on a screen is one thing... that could happen to any OEM. But a messed up keyboard? There's only one OEM today that would be in a position to make that mistake. I really hope this is a one-off and not a precursor to a manufacturing defect! Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!
    There have been dozens, if not hundreds, of people mashing on the KEY² keyboard for months. I wouldn't get too worked up about it yet based on one guy (or two?) from a Chinese forum.
    06-13-18 02:14 PM
    There have been dozens, if not hundreds, of people mashing on the KEY² keyboard for months. I wouldn't get too worked up about it yet based on one guy (or two?) from a Chinese forum.
    Fake news!!!
    06-13-18 02:15 PM

I am not concerned at all about how the plastic will hold up. Just aesthetically....
    06-13-18 02:35 PM
    Also cheaper for TCL. That's a bit of a disappointment if true.
    06-13-18 05:56 PM
    The yellowish screen reported is under the night model. In the feedback, half of the screen under night mode is more yellowish than the other half. he/she did not notice in the morning, but more clear under night mode. Pic attached.

Some issues mentioned from Chinese users-k2.jpg
    Last edited by Fred Wu; 06-13-18 at 07:32 PM.
    Kevil S likes this.
    06-13-18 06:22 PM
70 123