Contacted blackberry to see where I could purchase another key2 and here is their answer. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c10111d8d0.jpg
    I guess they only made a few dozen so Hudson Bay would not overflow when overstock dumped...
    08-13-19 04:02 PM
    I guess they only made a few dozen so Hudson Bay would not overflow when overstock dumped...
    Strange reply. I thought BB licensing agreement gave the option to use BB’s trademarked reply “soon” in this scenario...
    08-15-19 02:25 PM
    Strange reply. I thought BB licensing agreement gave the option to use BB’s trademarked reply “soon” in this scenario...
    Are you grommet Oklahoma?

Sooners were often deputy marshals, land surveyors, railroad employees, and others who were able to legally enter the territory early. Sooners who crossed into the territory illegally at night were originally called "moonshiners" because they had entered "by the light of the moon."

The only means of mitigating strangeness in a reply is to follow up with a stranger reply...
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 08-15-19 at 11:29 PM.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-15-19 03:54 PM
    Well, Amazon shipped mine yesterday, a few days earlier than the scheduled August 19.
    08-16-19 05:19 AM
    Well, Amazon shipped mine yesterday, a few days earlier than the scheduled August 19.
    Assuming you are getting a NA variant please let us know the build date... Thanks!!!

Bob
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-16-19 10:30 AM
    it's a 100-2
    08-16-19 11:24 AM
    it's a 100-2
    You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Press the MANU red button
    3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. Hit PASS

You should get something like this, where the bottom line is a date of assembly:

YYYYMMDD

5. Hit PASS again
    6. Scroll to the bottom and hit Exit
    08-16-19 11:31 AM
    it's a 100-2
    I'm curious if your KEY2 was advertised as new...

Bob
    08-16-19 11:34 AM
    wow. September 13, 2018
    08-19-19 02:38 PM
    wow. September 13, 2018
    Been packed away somewhere for a while... does it smell like mothballs?

Bob
    08-19-19 02:52 PM
    wow. September 13, 2018
    Thanks for sharing your info...
    08-19-19 03:06 PM
    Which model is the NA variant?
    08-19-19 07:14 PM
    Which model is the NA variant?
    Use this link for a complete reference:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    08-19-19 07:28 PM
    it's a 100-2
    08-19-19 07:34 PM
    It’s been the SOS from the minute the Key2 LE was certified on VZW for customers. Devices were just sitting there for purchase. Most here just waited complaining about the price. Now it’s because others paid the price.

If more Key2 become available, will people stop complaining or go back to complaining about the price?
    I wouldn't mind paying the asking price at the time of the Key2 LE's Launch, but now the phone is, at best, worth $450. This, coupled with what someone else is saying about how TCL is about to back out of this agreement because Blackberry is under the impression they are still hot **** in 2019 makes me wary of buying that and a Key3, should it come out at all.
    08-20-19 04:15 AM
    I wouldn't mind paying the asking price at the time of the Key2 LE's Launch, but now the phone is, at best, worth $450. This, coupled with what someone else is saying about how TCL is about to back out of this agreement because Blackberry is under the impression they are still hot **** in 2019 makes me wary of buying that and a Key3, should it come out at all.
    It appears sold out and where still available commanding full price. That’s how a niche device is supposed to be. Like many high priced automobiles that aren’t top specs but due to scarcity, the price holds.

BBMo/TCL wasn’t attempting to be Kia so it’s okay..
    anon(10599419) likes this.
    08-20-19 07:00 AM
    It really depends on whether you want the device. I am just glad I was able to get a KEY2. (Got it used). I wish I had gotten it sooner. It is so much better to type on than the KEYone.
    I don't know how the KEY2 LE compares but having a dual SIM would have been a nice feature.
    08-20-19 11:40 AM
    It's a little too scarce for me. Some eBay sellers have it new for $500+ US. But Amazon new is some seller who wants $900+ US. That's ridiculous. I saw one silver model new on a retail website for $535.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 08-20-19 at 02:22 PM.
    08-20-19 11:58 AM
    It really depends on whether you want the device. I am just glad I was able to get a KEY2. (Got it used). I wish I had gotten it sooner. It is so much better to type on than the KEYone.
    I don't know how the KEY2 LE compares but having a dual SIM is a nice feature.
    08-20-19 01:53 PM
    Every time I see thread heading, I hear Bruce Springsteen in my head singing...
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-20-19 03:17 PM
    got mine set up last night. loved my BE but yes, better typing experience.
    08-20-19 04:17 PM
    08-22-19 04:54 AM
    I don't know how the KEY2 LE compares but having a dual SIM is a nice feature.
    I managed to get 2 Key2's for the price of 1 Key2 Retail. (Craigslist 'Bargain' Finds). One is damaged so I don't mind paying TCL to repair it (I specifically asked for an express service with a card hold, they can't do it apparently.). While I certainly agree it's about whether you want the device, I just wish that Blackberry would stop sticking their heads so far up their asses thinking they are hot**** which seems to be bottlenecking any support for the Key2, and for TCL to ******* certify the damn things to work flawlessly on all Carriers.

Seriously, that's my biggest gripe. TCL is in a much better situation than HTC is right now from a Financial Standpoint, yet they certified their U11 and U12+ to work on all carriers bar Sprint (because they too are special) while TCL didn't bother to do so and got cutesy with it. I'm not using my Key2 as of yet (Gonna use the repaired one) but my fear is that now I have to track down an LE model to get it working with Verizon without issues, and I can't use VoLTE with AT&T with my Domestic and International Plan because they don't allow Certified Devices because '**** you gib us monies for this branded phone' instead.

If BBMo ceases to exist, the blame will be squarely 50/50 on both those idiots.
    08-22-19 04:54 AM
    I managed to get 2 Key2's for the price of 1 Key2 Retail. (Craigslist 'Bargain' Finds). One is damaged so I don't mind paying TCL to repair it (I specifically asked for an express service with a card hold, they can't do it apparently.). While I certainly agree it's about whether you want the device, I just wish that Blackberry would stop sticking their heads so far up their asses thinking they are hot**** which seems to be bottlenecking any support for the Key2, and for TCL to ******* certify the damn things to work flawlessly on all Carriers.

Seriously, that's my biggest gripe. TCL is in a much better situation than HTC is right now from a Financial Standpoint, yet they certified their U11 and U12+ to work on all carriers bar Sprint (because they too are special) while TCL didn't bother to do so and got cutesy with it. I'm not using my Key2 as of yet (Gonna use the repaired one) but my fear is that now I have to track down an LE model to get it working with Verizon without issues, and I can't use VoLTE with AT&T with my Domestic and International Plan because they don't allow Certified Devices because '**** you gib us monies for this branded phone' instead.

If BBMo ceases to exist, the blame will be squarely 50/50 on both those idiots.
    It's pretty obvious that problem is NOBODY in the product supply chain wants to lose additional monies that wouldn't be fully recovered. Everyone seems to realize that John Chen and BlackBerry had the right idea to exit mobile hardware when it did.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-22-19 05:18 PM
    It's pretty obvious that problem is NOBODY in the product supply chain wants to lose additional monies that wouldn't be fully recovered. Everyone seems to realize that John Chen and BlackBerry had the right idea to exit mobile hardware when it did.
    Wrong guy for the job. He clearly has no passion for the mobile business.
    Bbnivende and elfabio80 like this.
    08-22-19 06:32 PM
173 ... 23456 ...