Contacted blackberry to see where I could purchase another key2 and here is their answer.
    mmcblk0p1 likes this.
    08-04-19 10:56 AM
    Pathetic
    pgg101, dantheman77 and so crow like this.
    08-04-19 11:07 AM
    Contacted blackberry to see where I could purchase another key2 and here is their answer. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c10111d8d0.jpg
    Depressing, but certainly not surprising.
    08-04-19 11:27 AM
    Depressing, but certainly not surprising.
    Exactly. Anyone who hasn’t accepted this by now needs a vacation.
    08-04-19 11:39 AM
    lol, i wouldnt trust anything that you get in those responses as they have been wrong just as many times as right
    08-04-19 11:44 AM
    pitiful. well, at least they arent stuck with a million Z10's.
    08-04-19 11:49 AM
    Update. Just got same email from BBMo. I'm wondering if this trade war hasn't affected supply. Weird to offer the Red then have none in only a few weeks, the supply of the K2 and LE run out shortly afterwards as well.
    08-04-19 02:05 PM
    lol, i wouldnt trust anything that you get in those responses as they have been wrong just as many times as right
    Yes, they are all wrong.
    Everything is fine.
    Millions of phones are coming to restock the US market soon.
    We will get Android Pie and Q and probably R(still R not confirmed).
    Key3, Passport2, and two touch screen based phones are also coming too.
    It is not going to snow in Chicago and Canada this winter as well.
    All good! All good!
    RK_BB, hamilgs, Elky64 and 7 others like this.
    08-04-19 02:41 PM
    Welcome to the world of small batch manufacturing. BBMo marketing estimated demand for the market, placed an order with its manufacturing division, and sold out all the units. A few fans are disappointed that more units may not arrive, but that doesn't make it a bad business practice for BBMo.

Stock outs happen when you sell more units that you expected, which is usually a good thing. If BBMo thought they could make a profit with a subsequent order, they probably would.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-04-19 02:49 PM
    Welcome to the world of small batch manufacturing. BBMo marketing estimated demand for the market, placed an order with its manufacturing division, and sold out all the units. A few fans are disappointed that more units may not arrive, but that doesn't make it a bad business practice for BBMo.

Stock outs happen when you sell more units that you expected, which is usually a good thing. If BBMo thought they could make a profit with a subsequent order, they probably would.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    But the US is a big market.

You'd think such a market would warrant another batch (especially since they finally improved some things) but what do I know
    08-04-19 08:31 PM
    But the US is a big market.
    A big market, yes, but it's pretty easy to extrapolate that if they were selling 2,000 a week in the US through all forms of distribution (after a year on sale and having passed the big primary demand curve at the beginning), then 25 weeks x 2,000 = 50,000, not 200,000. (I'm making these numbers up, but they're probably not that far off). The point is, making another run would mean 50,000 sold and 150,000 unsold that would need to be sold off at a loss - which would also undermine the demand for any future devices too.

And, yes, maybe they could make smaller batches by using more manual processes, but then that increases costs per unit and kills profits. It's a hard place to be.
    Denny_Crane and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-04-19 08:52 PM
    and not sold by carriers. thats a big hit
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-04-19 09:11 PM
    I have two brand new sealed atomic red ones I bought online I plan to flip seeing how there's no more.
    08-04-19 09:19 PM
    Yes, they are all wrong.
    Everything is fine.
    Millions of phones are coming to restock the US market soon.
    We will get Android Pie and Q and probably R(still R not confirmed).
    Key3, Passport2, and two touch screen based phones are also coming too.
    It is not going to snow in Chicago and Canada this winter as well.
    All good! All good!
    I think they’ve been waiting on 5G. All I can say is we will see.
    JJBBgreat likes this.
    08-04-19 10:08 PM
    means they're hard at work on the key3. they'd rather people make the jump soon than get a key2.
    08-05-19 04:44 AM
    Agreed. I've had a couple of instances where BBMobile have completely led me down the wrong path with mis-information. The most egregious was them telling me that the retail version of the Motion wouldn't be available in Canada when I inquired about the launch date, in fact they were very insistent on it despite their (Canadian) website showing a NA retail version. I ended up buying Samsung because of it.
    08-05-19 06:53 AM
    Agreed. I've had a couple of instances where BBMobile have completely led me down the wrong path with mis-information. The most egregious was them telling me that the retail version of the Motion wouldn't be available in Canada when I inquired about the launch date, in fact they were very insistent on it despite their (Canadian) website showing a NA retail version. I ended up buying Samsung because of it.
    Not like the Motion would have had anything over the Samsung aside from maybe battery life
    08-05-19 07:47 AM
    and not sold by carriers. thats a big hit
    Yes, particularly in the US. And not just being carried as an "internet purchase only" device, but actually being carried in the stores where people could walk in and buy one.

Unfortunately, carriers were badly burned by BB multiple times (remember that at one time, they were the "premium brand" at all 4 carriers), starting with the Storm, the Z10 (and really all of the first-gen BB10 devices, which vastly undersold expectations), the Passport, the Priv, and the DTEKs. Even the K1s had screens falling out. All of those things cost carriers a ton of money, and when coupled with low demand, you just aren't going to get much if any love from the carriers.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-05-19 10:18 AM
    I think they’ve been waiting on 5G. All I can say is we will see.
    They'll have to keep waiting... how many "cheap" Qualcomm chipsets offer 5G?

The SD 735 is only a rumor right now, and a 7NM 700 series isn't going to be "cheap". TCL won't be offering a 5G phone early next year.
    08-05-19 10:21 AM
    I just hope we see another blackberry device and I hope it's like a bold.
    08-05-19 10:37 AM
    I just hope we see another blackberry device and I hope it's like a bold.
    Sure as long as you don’t mind the size and dimensions of the Key devices. Less people want a smaller device. Retooling and fragmentation increases expenses so it won’t happen. Just buy a titan and load it up with all your private information.
    08-05-19 10:54 AM
    Sure as long as you don’t mind the size and dimensions of the Key devices. Less people want a smaller device. Retooling and fragmentation increases expenses so it won’t happen. Just buy a titan and load it up with all your private information.
    If Unihertz has a huge hit with the Titan, I wouldn't be surprised if they offer some other BlackBerry fan options. For them catering to a market of 10K users is profitable...

Just not sure how "good" these products are going to be...
    08-05-19 11:01 AM
    Not like the Motion would have had anything over the Samsung aside from maybe battery life
    That's not really the point, how many other people were BBMobile telling this erroneous information? Besides, there's one major advantage of a BB device over a Samsung: bloat (or lack thereof); the Samsung's version of Android uses a third of its internal memory (based on 32GB) with useless clones of already loaded Android apps which can't be uninstalled.
    08-05-19 11:14 AM
    That's not really the point, how many other people were BBMobile telling this erroneous information? Besides, there's one major advantage of a BB device over a Samsung: bloat (or lack thereof); the Samsung's version of Android uses a third of its internal memory (based on 32GB) with useless clones of already loaded Android apps which can't be uninstalled.
    Sure I guess, but I think almost all Samsungs come with at least 64gb of storage now and have microSD support.

Not as big a deal as it used to be and you can load the Hub and app suite on the Sammy
    08-05-19 11:44 AM
    They'll have to keep waiting... how many "cheap" Qualcomm chipsets offer 5G?

The SD 735 is only a rumor right now, and a 7NM 700 series isn't going to be "cheap". TCL won't be offering a 5G phone early next year.
    There are no current chipsets that have 5G on board. All current implementations involve using a separate modem chip, and there would be nothing stopping TCL from going that route.

The upcoming SD865 will have one internally, and MediaTek announced something for early 2020 too.
    08-05-19 12:08 PM
173 123 ...