Sold my Key2 yesterday, got £285 pounds for it on
    Ebay UK,
    I thought that was a half decent return as my phone was one of he early ones
    The Guy was a Blackberry fan, had a Priv which still looked in very good condition , sure he will love the Key2

Been through all of the Android Blackberries, Key2 was the certainty the best of them

Just wish they could /would build a Android BlackBerry Passport....

Posted via CB10
    03-18-19 02:29 PM
    what are you getting instead. did what you did, regretted it and bought another.
    03-18-19 02:43 PM
    I like Blackberry , the key2 is a good phone , it's just that the screen is bit small
    Last edited by Simon6333; 03-18-19 at 04:27 PM.
    03-18-19 03:19 PM
    why did you get rid?
    03-18-19 03:22 PM
    The key2 is a really good phone with an excellent keyboard, I just found the screen a bit small

I still have my Passport for emails, Hub etc etc great phone for work stuff

Plus a Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium for camera,films etc it was the widest phone I could find )

I will be back for sure, lets see what the Key3 brings, hopefully a better screen and a bigger one, with a great camera

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and Montmartre like this.
    03-18-19 03:41 PM
    The key2 is a really good phone with an excellent keyboard, I just found the screen a bit small

Plus a Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium for camera,films etc it was the widest phone I could find )

I will be back for sure, lets see what the Key3 brings, hopefully a better screen and a bigger one, with a great camera

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    I catching what you are throwing and to be honest I have been back and forth many times as many here know and I have to say that there are many trade-offs and there is no perfect phone. If BlackBerry would just hire me then maybe

I agree I wish the KEY2 had a bigger screen and the phone was a bit wider. Wish the capacitive keyboard could work like the Passport.
    In the end the shortcuts, battery life and physical keyboard are some of the PRO's that you just have to wrestle with. I definitely don't blame you since I bought the KEY2 three times LOL!!
    I still prefer the KEY2 and when I solve my bluetooth issue or BlackBerry does with an update, I will be back on it.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-18-19 at 05:22 PM.
    03-18-19 04:39 PM
    the passport was weird in the pocket. hope bbmo doesnt listen to you
    Bob80220 and dandy2009 like this.
    03-18-19 05:27 PM
    I hope they do listen. The key2 is nice but screen is too small. Been hoping for a Passport Android for years. Maybe they realize how great that phone really was and finally make one. The Passport is the best BlackBerry I've ever owned.
    03-18-19 09:38 PM

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Since you also have a Passport yo are able to compare. A lot of us experience issues with swiping up suggested words in a way it sometimes takes two swipes to hit a word.

Did you also experience this with your K2?

I know swiping on the PP keyboard always was flawless.
    03-19-19 01:21 AM
    Are any of you actually aware that the screen dimensions of the Passport is EXACTLY the same as the KEY devices??

As in, 4.5" diagonal.

The Passport has those 4.5" in a 1:1 format, while the KEY devices have it in a 3:2.

So, not sure how screen size would be a reason to go from a KEY device back to the Passport.
    03-19-19 02:01 AM
    Are any of you actually aware that the screen dimensions of the Passport is EXACTLY the same as the KEY devices??

As in, 4.5" diagonal.

The Passport has those 4.5" in a 1:1 format, while the KEY devices have it in a 3:2.

So, not sure how screen size would be a reason to go from a KEY device back to the Passport.
    Because it's wider..better for reading for me by far

Plus I two hand type which again for me is better on the Passport

The Key2 is a good phone and on Android, I use my Passport for work emails etc etc, which it's very good at

Plus I use a Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium for all the other the stuff which Android is great at...

Just wish I had a Blackberry Android Passport..there might never be one but no harm in hoping

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 03:02 AM
    I'm pretty sure that passport format with a good android optimisation and Blackberry software will rocks nowadays. The old screen screen rate excuses has been overcome (just see the new folding models).
    03-19-19 06:53 AM
    I'm pretty sure that passport format with a good android optimisation and Blackberry software will rocks nowadays. The old screen screen rate excuses has been overcome (just see the new folding models).
    Folding phones... still don't have 1x1 displays.

But even if tomorrow Google allowed it, you'd still have to wait on 3rd party developers to enable that resolution. Good and Optimization would take a long while.

But I doubt BBMo is going to go chasing format niches (wider, smaller, slider). KEY format may not even be viable itself, odds are very slim they chase after the even more nichey formats at this point.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-19-19 07:13 AM

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Not a fan of the tall narrow phones either. The Red Hydrogen One also happens to be a good ol' 16:9 device that's even wider than the Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium, but the price and gimmicks put most people off from it.
    03-20-19 11:38 AM
    Not a fan of the tall narrow phones either. The Red Hydrogen One also happens to be a good ol' 16:9 device that's even wider than the Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium, but the price and gimmicks put most people off from it.
    Thanks for the information, finding wide phones is going to get very hard with the fashion bring long and narrow, new Sony 21:9..not for me for sure

Posted via CB10
    03-20-19 12:55 PM
    Thanks for the information, finding wide phones is going to get very hard with the fashion bring long and narrow, new Sony 21:9..not for me for sure

Posted via CB10
    As much as some of us loved the form factor of the BlackBerry Passport which is the pinnacle of wide in smartphones I seriously doubt TCL will bring out a similar Android driven model.

Would buy it in a heartbeat (if they can fix the PKB swiping issue completely by then of course).
    03-20-19 01:56 PM
    As much as some of us loved the form factor of the BlackBerry Passport which is the pinnacle of wide in smartphones I seriously doubt TCL will bring out a similar Android driven model.

Would buy it in a heartbeat (if they can fix the PKB swiping issue completely by then of course).
    I would certainty buy it,...never say never )

Posted via CB10
    03-20-19 02:05 PM
    I used Key2 for few weeks. I kind of liked the keyboard, but only the keyboard couldn’t save it for me. I just couldn’t bear its outdated display and camera. The display on Q10 and Bold 9900 felt sharp to me. Also the gestures on Android (stock) aren’t that user friendly, for example you can swipe up to close an application or swipe to the right to go back, etc, on iOS. So, I have started using my iPhone X again. Now after using iPhone X for a few days, I feel Key2 is way behind than the modern high end phones. iPhone X was released in 2017, yet it is way better than Key2. Only the keyboard can’t save it , I reckon. BlackBerry or TCL must improve the display and camera. If the price was that of a mid range device then it would of made sense, but if you are giving it a high price tag then at least give us a crisp display and high end camera. Consider my Key2 sold, lol.
    03-20-19 11:38 PM
    I used Key2 for few weeks. I kind of liked the keyboard, but only the keyboard couldn’t save it for me. I just couldn’t bear its outdated display and camera. The display on Q10 and Bold 9900 felt sharp to me. Also the gestures on Android (stock) aren’t that user friendly, for example you can swipe up to close an application or swipe to the right to go back, etc, on iOS. So, I have started using my iPhone X again. Now after using iPhone X for a few days, I feel Key2 is way behind than the modern high end phones. iPhone X was released in 2017, yet it is way better than Key2. Only the keyboard can’t save it , I reckon. BlackBerry or TCL must improve the display and camera. If the price was that of a mid range device then it would of made sense, but if you are giving it a high price tag then at least give us a crisp display and high end camera. Consider my Key2 sold, lol.
    Ok but just so you know, your iPhone X was NOT $649 at launch lol
    03-20-19 11:40 PM
    Ok but just so you know, your iPhone X was NOT $649 at launch lol
    You are right.
    03-20-19 11:41 PM
    I hope they do listen. The key2 is nice but screen is too small. Been hoping for a Passport Android for years. Maybe they realize how great that phone really was and finally make one. The Passport is the best BlackBerry I've ever owned.
    Wasn´t it rumors that someone had a PP and got andriod loaded into that one?

Not sure about the substance in this page, but it´s here

https://www.theverge.com/2015/8/24/9...passport-video
    03-25-19 06:17 AM
    I get chills thinking of a modern android BlackBerry Mobile Passport. Thin, light, bezelless passport form factor width/length etc.. but it'll never happen. That phone is a one in a lifetime aesthetic. Let it thrive for what it is, plus the Key2 and LE are great machines and look awesome. Definitely a grade up from K1 form and look. KeyThrice will be even more slick. The slickest of the 3.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-19 07:36 AM
    The slickest of the 3.
    Let's hope not... they really need to keep that rubber grip back.
    03-25-19 01:59 PM
    I love it in pocket. Felt solid and never flinching. Miss is so much but I can't go back to BB10 because I use too many android features.
    03-26-19 08:50 AM