I'm not one that buys into gossip but I really do think it's true: key2 really isn't being sold anywhere. At least not new units. I've checked Amazon, eBay, and the official BlackBerry store and nothing. What's up with that? I currently own a BlackBerry key2 100-2 and would love a back up phone in case something happens to it and I can't seem to find a new unit and the few I do find are all LE versions which I think are slower and the build quality is not parallel. Is BlackBerry gearing up for a new Key3?
    09-12-19 08:10 PM
    Where do you live?
    Don't expect a new device before MWC 2020- February.
    09-12-19 08:20 PM
    I'm not one that buys into gossip but I really do think it's true: key2 really isn't being sold anywhere. At least not new units. I've checked Amazon, eBay, and the official BlackBerry store and nothing. What's up with that? I currently own a BlackBerry key2 100-2 and would love a back up phone in case something happens to it and I can't seem to find a new unit and the few I do find are all LE versions which I think are slower and the build quality is not parallel. Is BlackBerry gearing up for a new Key3?
    There seems very little stock left. A few show up in different places from time to time as they shift around unsold inventory from other channels.
    09-12-19 08:28 PM
    I'd recommend the LE as a backup device easily or even a DD. It's really a great little phone.
    09-13-19 12:14 AM
    This is sad news. I bought the LE in January and eventually want a new silver Key2 most likely early 2020 but I can't seem to find any new units on Amazon.

In fact I can't even find the LE anywhere.
    09-13-19 02:29 AM
    I'd recommend the LE as a backup device easily or even a DD. It's really a great little phone.
    DD ----> different device? What do you mean?
    09-13-19 07:21 AM
    DD ----> different device? What do you mean?
    DD = Daily Driver
    09-13-19 08:02 AM
    Offically the KEY2 https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/bl...-key2-unlocked

KEY3.... I wouldn't expect it for six months, if ever.
    09-13-19 08:05 AM
    AT&T is still selling the KeyOne. Just checked their site and it's still available.

Assuming you're in the US of course.

I wonder what kind of warranty or service after the sale you'd get now?
    09-13-19 08:55 AM
    AT&T is still selling the KeyOne. Just checked their site and it's still available.

Assuming you're in the US of course.

I wonder what kind of warranty or service after the sale you'd get now?
    Full coverage, which is an advantage of buying through a carrier. Granted, they would not have a BlackBerry to give you as a warranty replacement in 2020 but they would give you a similarly priced phone.
    09-13-19 10:19 AM
    Full coverage, which is an advantage of buying through a carrier. Granted, they would not have a BlackBerry to give you as a warranty replacement in 2020 but they would give you a similarly priced phone.
    When I complained last year about no supported WFC, I was offered iPhone 6S and now I suppose it would be an iPhone 7 one year later. I kept the AT&T KEYone and just retired it.
    09-13-19 04:07 PM
    There are still a lot sold, tons on e-bay. You might need to pay customs though. Full list here:
    https://crackberry.com/where-buy-blackberry-key2

I wouldn't buy the Key2 LE, the memory seems to be a bottleneck.

I would love a Key3!

I have now both the KeyOne and the Key2.
    I will sell the KeyOne.
    The Key2 works generally OK, but for the price... my OnePlus6 from last year is just better in every sense, screen, camera, speed, charging, updates.

The only thing that keeps me on the Key2 is the keyboard.
    But to work on this tiny screen feels really limiting.
    09-15-19 10:20 AM
    There are some devices hard to get but the gold LE version is still in stock, Blue Version only by distributions point. The KEY2 black and silver are also still available at distribution points. The red on only by retailers. and the same is for all LE versions that some retailers still have in stock like the atom.

I still wait for the KEY3 full with a 5 or 5,2 inch screen (longer screen) but if it is again the same then I doubt I will go for it. There is no reason not to build in gesture and swipe and the Hub full screen like a news feed full screen we see on google news or Samsungs,
    09-15-19 01:55 PM
    TLC & BLACKBERRY in $$ DISPUTE...?
    I followed to a Link another Poster in another Forum noted, which discussed that BlackBerry and TLC (or whatever their proper acronym is) were in dispute of $$$ that BlackBerry claims that it is due; and for that reason BlackBerry may be holding back licensing rights for further production of the KEY2.

I'll seek out that link and post it here.
    Stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-19 04:56 PM
    When I complained last year about no supported WFC, I was offered iPhone 6S and now I suppose it would be an iPhone 7 one year later. I kept the AT&T KEYone and just retired it.
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    09-15-19 05:25 PM
    Oh..you can get them used on eBay or swappa too. On the latter though you have to be quick. They go really fast!
    09-15-19 08:54 PM
    Has anyone had any experience with this vendor? They are advertising an Atomic Red LE for $549.99....

SKU:BBE100-4RD

https://fusionelectronix.com/blackbe...d-4-5-4gb-ram/
    09-15-19 08:54 PM
    TLC & BLACKBERRY in $$ DISPUTE...?
    I followed to a Link another Poster in another Forum noted, which discussed that BlackBerry and TLC (or whatever their proper acronym is) were in dispute of $$$ that BlackBerry claims that it is due; and for that reason BlackBerry may be holding back licensing rights for further production of the KEY2.

I'll seek out that link and post it here.
    Stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    Yessir. Pleasant provide the link once available.
    09-15-19 10:05 PM
    Key2 still available at Tells, Bell and Roger in Ontario Canada. Motion seems gone though...Support for Motion stopped as well
    09-15-19 10:23 PM
    I actually just purchased a Key2 (BBF100-2) on eBay in hopes that I could get it to work on Verizon. It connected briefly and then stopped after about an hour.
    The phone is in excellent condition, but doesn't work on Verizon. I'd be happy to part with it for what I paid ($375ish I believe). I'll even throw in the cheapo clear silicone cover I got for it. Not looking to make money on it. It just makes me sad to see it tbh.
    I'm still on my KeyOne and really looking forward to a Key3 that I can use, since the KeyOne is getting a bit slow. The place we vacation frequently is pretty remote and Verizon is by far the best carrier around. Otherwise I might consider ending our 19 year relationship to use the Key2.
    09-30-19 02:38 PM
    I actually just purchased a Key2 (BBF100-2) on eBay in hopes that I could get it to work on Verizon. It connected briefly and then stopped after about an hour.
    The phone is in excellent condition, but doesn't work on Verizon. I'd be happy to part with it for what I paid ($375ish I believe). I'll even throw in the cheapo clear silicone cover I got for it. Not looking to make money on it. It just makes me sad to see it tbh.
    I'm still on my KeyOne and really looking forward to a Key3 that I can use, since the KeyOne is getting a bit slow. The place we vacation frequently is pretty remote and Verizon is by far the best carrier around. Otherwise I might consider ending our 19 year relationship to use the Key2.
    I'll do a straight trade with you... I have an optiemus one that's mint
    10-01-19 09:30 AM
    PM'ed you on that KEY2
    10-02-19 02:14 PM