I've read the forums (inc. the rumour threads). Any news of a KEY3? My KEY2 needs a replacement and I'm thinking of getting another cheap KEY2 for the time being to hold me over.

I haven't seen anything, did I miss something? What would your suggestion be? I'd hate to buy a KEY2 only to find out a month later that the KEY3 was revealed..

I don't know what my next move is. Help!
    12-11-19 01:17 PM
    Buy another Key2 if you must as the likelihood of a Key3 is slim to none and Slim is leaving town.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 12-11-19 at 01:42 PM.
    12-11-19 01:21 PM
    I'm having the same dilemma, I'm still using my BlackBerry Priv but it's on its last leg. I wanted to wait until 2020 to see if BlackBerry/TCL would be developing a new device, but this Priv is outdated and I'm ready to upgrade. really thinking of switching to S10+ or S11+
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-11-19 01:27 PM
    I've read the forums (inc. the rumour threads). Any news of a KEY3? My KEY2 needs a replacement and I'm thinking of getting another cheap KEY2 for the time being to hold me over.

I haven't seen anything, did I miss something? What would your suggestion be? I'd hate to buy a KEY2 only to find out a month later that the KEY3 was revealed..

I don't know what my next move is. Help!
    What's wrong with your current KEY2?

And yeah there's zero news of a KEY3 right now so grabbing another one wouldn't be a bad idea (or an LE).

You could always re-sell it in the very unlikely event that TCL reveals a KEY3
    12-11-19 01:33 PM
    I'm having the same dilemma, I'm still using my BlackBerry Priv but it's on its last leg. I wanted to wait until 2020 to see if BlackBerry/TCL would be developing a new device, but this Priv is outdated and I'm ready to upgrade. really thinking of switching to S10+ or S11+
    Well for you at least a KEY2 would be an upgrade option.... the OP is just going sideways.

But if the KEYboard isn't important.... there are lots of options. Both Samsung and Google devices offer long term support.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-11-19 01:35 PM
    If it was a decision I was forced to deal with I would get a replacement KEY2, new or used, as the PKB is that important to me.

Regarding a KEY3, nobody knows if there will be one or not as there hasn't been an "official announcement" from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile one way or the other. Until I read an "official announcement" from TCL/Blackberry Mobile I will remain optimistic despite the numerous naysayers here on CrackBerry.

As mentioned above, pick up a KEY2 or an LE, and if and when a KEY3 is released sell it.

Bob
    the_boon and Suzeranne like this.
    12-11-19 01:42 PM
    If it was a decision I was forced to deal with I would get a replacement KEY2, new or used, as the PKB is that important to me.

Regarding a KEY3, nobody knows if there will be one or not as there hasn't been an "official announcement" from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile one way or the other. Until I read an "official announcement" from TCL/Blackberry Mobile I will remain optimistic despite the numerous naysayers here on CrackBerry.

As mentioned above, pick up a KEY2 or an LE, and if and when a KEY3 is released sell it.

Bob
    The OP is saying he’ll buy another Key2 if no Key3 and we’re seeing the Key2 inventory becoming scarce. Optimism unfortunately, does the OP no good if the Key2 completely disappears or is only available from third parties at ridiculous prices.

As far as naysayers, that’s another discussion, but it’s not looking good without anything looking planned for MWC or zero mention of PIE upgrade.
    Six months ago, I was still an optimist but as certain windows pass by and close, it becomes exponentially harder for BBMo to match Key2 sales levels with the fragmentation of it’s already minuscule user base. It’s literally imposing death with a thousand papercuts on itself.

BBMo only had two proven selling points as weak as they were.

1) Updated PKB on modern android OS

2) Security updates on fairly regular basis

Selling Key2 at this point to people with only six months of updates left at full price or close won’t endear anyone. No PIE update neither. I don’t suspect diehards care as much but DTEK sans Nougat upgrade wasn’t great PR for TCL and there’s nobody else to blame this go around...
    John Albert likes this.
    12-11-19 01:56 PM
    The OP is saying he’ll buy another Key2 if no Key3 and we’re seeing the Key2 inventory becoming scarce. Optimism unfortunately, does the OP no good if the Key2 completely disappears or is only available from third parties at ridiculous prices.

Yeah I wonder if we will get the "my wife is mad because I bought 10 backup KEY2s"...

I can see having one backup unit... as there might not be another PKB phone for awhile. But not sure how long I'd use Android without updates....
    Suzeranne likes this.
    12-11-19 02:09 PM
    I wonder if we will get the "my wife is mad because I bought 10 backup KEY2s"
    I can 100% identify with this

Now if I sell my car, I should be able to afford 4 Red KEY2's for years and years to come!

I'll have more than enough keys to type on, but no wheels to ride on
    12-11-19 02:50 PM

How many more months, or years, will you hold that position?
    John Albert and skrble like this.
    12-11-19 02:59 PM
    I can 100% identify with this

Now if I sell my car, I should be able to afford 4 Red KEY2's for years and years to come!

I'll have more than enough keys to type on, but no wheels to ride on
    Odd. I thought you sold your Key2 Red Edition because you disliked the red ("too much red")?
    12-11-19 03:23 PM
    How many more months, or years, will you hold that position?
    Until there is an official announcements provided by both parties involved... in triplicate.

Some still think there is hope for BB10, and there has been an announcement about it being EOL.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-11-19 03:35 PM
    Odd. I thought you sold your Key2 Red Edition because you disliked the red ("too much red")?
    I did, I only mentioned the Red in that joke to highlight just how expensive these things are lol.

If it were Black/Silver models, it could be 7 instead of 4 Reds.
    Suzeranne likes this.
    12-11-19 03:36 PM
    But at least the Red Edition has the firmer space bar.
    12-11-19 03:43 PM
    Well yes, and I used to be super OCD about that, but lately I've become a bit more tolerant and my current KEY2 is a Black one made in 07/25/18 and the spacebar isn't quite as perfect as the Red one but it isn't loose either.
    It makes little sense to use a color option I don't like just to have that perfect key, but at the same time I don't have the courage to disassemble two phones and swap a Red's keyboard into a Black KEY2 and vice versa.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    12-11-19 03:49 PM
    I'm trying to look after and maintain for the long haul now, depending on IF and WHEN support runs out for my work applications... despite support running out next year the apps themselves will keep updated. I have an old Sony Z2 from 2014 as a personal phone for my kids to mess with. It's on Android 6 last patch May 2016.... would I do banking on it? no, but I'd still do most other things.

Only problem is you're only ever one good drop away from game over... that said I've had a slab before and a lack of pkb never actually killed anyone... did it?
    12-11-19 04:09 PM
    I'm trying to look after and maintain for the long haul now, depending on IF and WHEN support runs out for my work applications... despite support running out next year the apps themselves will keep updated. I have an old Sony Z2 from 2014 as a personal phone for my kids to mess with. It's on Android 6 last patch May 2016.... would I do banking on it? no, but I'd still do most other things.

Only problem is you're only ever one good drop away from game over... that said I've had a slab before and a lack of pkb never actually killed anyone... did it?
    I dunno a lack of a pkb might be what causes my demise in the end.
    RWIndiana likes this.
    12-11-19 09:34 PM
    I'm was also waiting for a Key3 but the lack of news and the removal of the Key2 listing on my carrier's website made me jump and buy one.

I'm still using my PRIV till I feel like switching over.
    12-11-19 10:50 PM
    Yeah I wonder if we will get the "my wife is mad because I bought 10 backup KEY2s"...

I can see having one backup unit... as there might not be another PKB phone for awhile. But not sure how long I'd use Android without updates....
    Why I have 2 KEY2s--I need the backup unit. Well, not quite that simple of a story how I got 2 of them within 2.5 months. But I am keeping them both around...
    12-12-19 01:11 AM
    The second KEY2 I got has a firmer space bar than the first one, and the first one seems to have become less loose over time. Funny, but that happened with my KEYone as well. It was in for repair (screen). When I got it back the space bar seemed a little loose. But then it firmed up over time, with use. Maybe you could say it is pushed more into place over time from being pressed on during use.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-12-19 01:16 AM
    Wait for that sweet S11+ with Snapdragon 865, you’ll thank yourself! Heard it will have a huge battery.
    12-12-19 02:47 AM
    Wait for that sweet S11+ with Snapdragon 865, you’ll thank yourself! Heard it will have a huge battery.
    Why will it be sweet? Will it have a physical keyboard?

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    the_boon likes this.
    12-12-19 03:35 AM
    Why will it be sweet? Will it have a physical keyboard?

Yep, the Snapdragon 865 will have a keyboard didn’t you see the rumours? The chip comes with the keyboard /s
    12-12-19 03:36 AM
    Yep, the Snapdragon 865 will have a keyboard didn’t you see the rumours? The chip comes with the keyboard /s
    Cheesy

12-12-19 03:38 AM
    The battery part seems interesting, but it's not like anyone here thinks a 855 or even 845 won't get the job done for just about any task lol.

Hell I wouldn't even mind using an 835 in 2020 and beyond, but I am interested in the energy efficiency of those newer processors far more than their increased speed (which basically no one needs)
    12-12-19 06:19 AM
82 123 ...