Asked around at 7 different Bell stores about the Key 2. I was told by all that had stock that they were selling them tomorrow for $899 outright, or $99 on contract. 3 stores didn't have any in stock, including Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket, which is weird. The 4 stores that did have them in stock all said they only have black, no silver. 3 of the 4 stores that had them in stock today said they only got 1 in each shipment. Just an fyi.
    tazcubed likes this.
    07-05-18 09:43 PM
    Rogers told me they've had our pre orders in store since yesterday.
    07-05-18 10:07 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'm not surprised since when I went in for my wife's phone all they wanted to sell her was Samsung (which she got a Note 8). The guy indicated that the KeyOne had many problems, which I believe are true even if they were sorted out (screen popping off, poor call quality, etc.).

Hopefully TCL has addressed many of the concerns with the Key2 but I am also seeing issues over quality control in this forum.
    07-06-18 05:29 AM
    I haven't seen Key2 advertized yet on the Bell/MTS (Manitoba) web site, which concerns me.
    MTS in the past had been a solid supporter of BB, even small stores like mine stocking BBs.

None in there yesterday.
    07-06-18 08:54 AM
    Key 2 is now on the Bell website. $874.99 outright, $99 on contract
    07-06-18 09:05 AM
    Key 2 is now on the Bell website. $874.99 outright, $99 on contract
    It's not on the MTS web site ...
    07-06-18 11:42 AM
    To keep my plan at Bell, the cost of the device was $299.
    07-06-18 11:50 AM
    To keep my plan at Bell, the cost of the device was $299.
    Not bad at all.
    07-06-18 12:35 PM
    it's available at my bell . but they did say they no longer are selling the KEYone. which is surprisingly fast to move on. and where are all the unsold inventory devices going ? hmmmm
    07-06-18 05:39 PM
    Bell has it. Bell MTS will have it too. Sometimes regional (in Bell MTS case, formerly regionally run, but still regional geographically) carriers take a little longer to get BlackBerry and even some other devices.

When you call Bell MTS, the reps are only going to know about devices that are A) on their website B) they received product training or an email bulletin about whatever it is.

For example, SaskTel and Bell MTS both get their devices provided through the same channels as Bell Canada. However, for the first time since the Z10, carriers actually have the KEY2 in stores and on time. For me anyway.

If they don't know (the store employees and even call centre reps), it just means they're not a particular store location that will have them on launch day. Call around.
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 07-06-18 at 09:51 PM.
    07-06-18 09:16 PM
    What I did to secure my KEY2 was coordinate with my friend who manages one of my carriers retail outlets about 3 weeks ago.

That's when I started the process of trying to get a KEY2 knowing SaskTel was launching on the 6th of July. I called my friend and he took a pen and physically wrote my name down on a paper list used for people who 'pre-ordered' the KEY2. I'm positive I was the only name on his list.

Then, low and behold, BlackBerry Mobile managed to make the proper arrangements with my simple carrier to launch the device on day one. My store manager friend sent me a photo of my phone 2 days ago.

Today, I went to pick it up and have it right here because he text me to come grab it and made all the arrangements ahead of time. I gave him my money and he gave me this phone. Took about 2 minutes (besides the 3 week advanced notice I provided).

I'm the first person in the province to have picked one up.

It was the most hassle free BlackBerry device launch, again, since the Z10.
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 07-06-18 at 09:54 PM.
    07-06-18 09:27 PM
    You know something? I'm seriously glad I managed to survive the two days since he sent me that photo.

I wouldn't leave my home in fear of dying by way of some freak accident and never get my KEY2.

I couldn't imagine how others must feel.
    07-06-18 09:55 PM
    I know what I want and do what I need to get it. I don't want much either as well as I don't have much. I consume so little that minuscule things like acquiring a cool smartphone makes me ecstatic. I suggest people try to simplify what makes them happy and just be.

Easier said than done though and I got my phone on time too, so there's not much for me to complain about.
    07-06-18 09:58 PM
    In Etobicoke (west Toronto), Sherway Gardens Bell has it but not up the street at Cloverdale Mall (supposedly gets it on Monday).
    07-07-18 06:21 AM
    Picked up a key2 at a Bell store yesterday, purchased it outright for a business account. Clerk said they can't keep them in stock.
    wolfpacal likes this.
    07-10-18 08:58 PM
    Picked up a key2 at a Bell store yesterday, purchased it outright for a business account. Clerk said they can't keep them in stock.
    That's great!
    07-10-18 09:32 PM