Love my Key2 - thanks for feedback under my other "performance" thread. However...probably due to my own screw-up(?), my TEXTRA app had absolutely no messages after switch-over. This felt like a repeat, but oh well. I did some homework, located SMS Backup & Restore, and proceeded to...backup and restore from my KeyOne over to the Key2. But a funny thing DIDN'T happen. I watched as the App backed up about 17,000 messages, then transfer to new phone (app on both phones). And it (again) didn't quite go as planned.

I opened up TEXTRA on new phone (this is on 12/27) and the messages went back to 12/20, then a hop-skip to one or two in September 2020, and then a half dozen or so from around January or February 2020. And then nothing. Sorry for the bad language, but...WTF? The sheer number of messages supposedly somewhere on my new phone tells me they are there. I will add SMS Back Up app actually has a great set of Help topics, one of which suggests "if the messages app is not showing the recently restored messages then we suggest that you clear the storage of the Messages app from Phone Settings and after that it should start showing the messages again.

And as an update, the SMS Back-Up app is keeping up with current use, with Message total reflecting new messaging. Also I still have KeyOne ready/available if needed.

Short problem statement after all my blah, blah, blah..."How do I get all my messages to display?" Thank you, BB Faithful...
    01-04-21 04:25 PM
    SMS was never really meant for databases of that size.... very common for fault to develop in the database that prevents backup and restore. And I really don't know of any utilities to fix those databases.

Can try using a different backup and restore solution. (SMS Backup & Restore by SyncTech Pty Ltd) & Google Backup

Can try streamlining your database by deleting some of those messages and trying backup and restore again with fewer messages..
    01-05-21 08:00 AM
    I use SMS BU Restore and it has saved me some misery... has single archive feature for SD card one file each for calls log anchor messages... automated

I too have years of data and it did restore... can do increments separately well

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ckupRestorePro
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 01-27-21 at 08:32 AM.
    01-17-21 01:01 PM