Hi Folks, me, enjoying an adult beverage on the pool deck on vacation, allowed my Key2 to slip out of my pocket onto the concrete pool deck. Any advice on the best way to get the slight crack fixed? Bought at Best Buy on release day. I'm thinking cry at Best Buy to try my luck (practicing fake cry on demand) or just take it to a third party wireless screen repair place. Thanks in advance! (Also, I have since obtained a case and tempered glass screen protector so lesson learned, looking for any repair advice).
    09-18-18 06:51 AM
    Hey,

I would personally repair the device myself. I've seen a number of parts websites with the screen in stock.

The Key2 is very easy to teardown. The screen looks very well secured so it will need a good amount of heat to remove it.

You can find cheap cell phone repair kits at a local phone repair shop. These include suction cups for the glass, plastic pry bars, guitar picks and small screw drivers

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...1-5-a-1153559/

As for gluing it back in place, I would consider either 3M tape or a thin bead of silicone adhesive (I used this on my key1 and its holding strong).
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-18 09:11 AM
    Thank you kind sir! Very helpful. I will report back once the screen comes in.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-18 11:49 AM
    Where are you buying the screen? I haven't found any yet
    09-18-18 04:13 PM
    Oops never mind. Just checked and saw some on ebay.
    09-18-18 04:14 PM
    Hey,

I would personally repair the device myself. I've seen a number of parts websites with the screen in stock.

The Key2 is very easy to teardown. The screen looks very well secured so it will need a good amount of heat to remove it.

You can find cheap cell phone repair kits at a local phone repair shop. These include suction cups for the glass, plastic pry bars, guitar picks and small screw drivers

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...1-5-a-1153559/

As for gluing it back in place, I would consider either 3M tape or a thin bead of silicone adhesive (I used this on my key1 and its holding strong).
    I've not seen anywhere that the Key2 is an easy teardown...any link(s)?
    My screen is nastily spiderwebbed and I've had to go back to my KeyOne which has damaged camera pixels as well as worse cell reception at my home :-(
    12-26-18 08:31 PM
    I've not seen anywhere that the Key2 is an easy teardown...any link(s)?
    My screen is nastily spiderwebbed and I've had to go back to my KeyOne which has damaged camera pixels as well as worse cell reception at my home :-(
    Lots of details through this thread.
    12-26-18 08:48 PM
    Lots of details through this thread.
    I read the thread and all I learned about the screen is that he broke it while trying to remove it.
    If the screen is only accessed by disassembling the phone from back to front, does that qualify as "easy"?
    Somebody specifically asked the question about having to replace the screen by back-to-front disassembly and the question remains unanswered.
    12-26-18 09:07 PM
    I read the thread and all I learned about the screen is that he broke it while trying to remove it.
    If the screen is only accessed by disassembling the phone from back to front, does that qualify as "easy"?
    Somebody specifically asked the question about having to replace the screen by back-to-front disassembly and the question remains unanswered.
    Define easy, LoL
    For most people it does present some challenges. A heat gun will help get it apart. You can get B-7000 glue cheap to reassemble. Unfortunately this being the OP's first teardown, with no intent to get it back together, how the screen comes off properly isn't clear. Once you have the replacement it would be easier to noodle out, unless they respond. I'd expect the back needs removed, and the keyboard can stay installed. The ribbon cable for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ was accessed from the back, and disconnecting the battery first is always a smart move. If you aren't comfortable taking small electronics apart, have a repair shop do it.

Sorry I can't be more help. I've done my KEYᵒⁿᵉ, my Moto Z Force, and just about every BlackBerry going back to the 8100, but never a KEY2, nor can I find a video.
    12-26-18 10:00 PM
    Got it, thanks Wulf!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-26-18 11:47 PM