Collected my keytwo today, a black dual sim model. After all the setting up, and coming from my OG Passport, below are some of my thoughts:

- the space bar clicky sound is irritating at times, especially when I'm typing beside my sleeping boys and wifey
    - the keys are very stealth (other than the spacebar), softer than passport's, but slightly flatter compared to passport's slight bulging ones
    - the recent square capacitive button lighting is indeed slightly dimmer than home and back buttons. Another irritating issue
    - the keyboard scrolling sensation is not as intuitive as passport's. Not all areas of the keyboard is sensitive too: some areas when I try to scroll it does not respond well. If passport scrolling is like a macbook, then keytwo is close to surface pro
    - screen brightness is not high enough, looks slightly dim and maybe a little yellowish? Might be challenging to use under the sun
    - brought over quite a few tricks from bb10, such as the option to choose bb10 or bbos7 icon packs. You are also able to return straight to home from anywhere by swiping up from middle bottom of screen (although I think this is a Google feature already?), pinching for unread notifications, picture password etc
    - fast charging is useful, and battery seems to be holding well so far.

All in all, with a short usage period, there is only so much I can input right now. Many things, such as the battery life, buttons calibration etc will take time to fine tune. But, those little imperfections will not have appear in a released product if it were to be a RIM phone. I hope I do not regret putting my passport aside for this keytwo, because I know that I still have feelings for my passport.
    Qorax and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    07-19-18 10:51 AM
    wow, you managed to hold on to your Passport while most are using Whatsapp/Line in this region.

where did you purchase from?
    07-19-18 11:04 AM
    you'll never forgett the Passport ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I've a K1 BE since Nov, and my typing is meanwhile faster than when I go back to my PP, seems my PP learning curve has degraded, but I'm not sure, if would back again for a couple of weeks it still would be better with K1 - for sure the swipping up of words was far better on PP.
    07-19-18 11:08 AM
    wow, you managed to hold on to your Passport while most are using Whatsapp/Line in this region.
    Probably used WhatsApp apk
    07-19-18 11:13 AM
    Probably used WhatsApp apk
    Yes whatsapp apk with fixer. But it's not a perfect solution. Thus the change, else I would def hold on my pp
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-19-18 11:18 AM

where did you purchase from?
    Export set from MHW
    07-19-18 11:18 AM
    you'll never forgett the Passport ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I've a K1 BE since Nov, and my typing is meanwhile faster than when I go back to my PP, seems my PP learning curve has degraded, but I'm not sure, if would back again for a couple of weeks it still would be better with K1 - for sure the swipping up of words was far better on PP.
    I'm used/tuned to pp keyboard layout/typing all these years. I'm still trying to tune myself back to keytwo's cltr-querty type of typing. FYI I was using bold before my pp, so all these learning seems like a roller coaster to me..
    07-19-18 11:20 AM
    Second day:

- Getting the hand of keyboard, speed has increased substantially from yesterday.
    - one pleasant thing to note: this phone is much easier on my pockets. also, I do not switch off phone accidentally when I bend or sit with the phone inside my jeans pocket, as compared to my previous passport
    - noticed considerable lags, especially when dialling numbers when Im trying to make a call. fustrating.
    - when u try to do scrolling and then hold your finger there, you can see the page jittering. this is non-existent on my passport, or should I say: bb10?
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-20-18 01:33 AM
    Nice to hear you getting hold of KEY2! Am a previous Passport user too. Currently on KEYone.

Am curious what the build date is for your set?

Think you should love it as you transition to Android BB. Awaiting for the black dual sim to be launched...
    07-20-18 02:14 AM
    Nice to hear you getting hold of KEY2! Am a previous Passport user too. Currently on KEYone.

Am curious what the build date is for your set?

Think you should love it as you transition to Android BB. Awaiting for the black dual sim to be launched...
    Do you mean the security patch date? It is 1st July for mine
    07-20-18 02:31 AM
    Do you mean the security patch date? It is 1st July for mine
    Sorry for not making myself clear. There is a thread in the forum that is trying to see if the build (manufacturing) date corresponds to hardware or software issue. So I am just curious about your set that you got from the seller. To know your build date, the below was the steps mentioned.

"You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu
    1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Press the MANU red button
    3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. Hit PASS

You should get something like this, where the bottom line is a date of assembly:

YYYYMMDD

5. Hit PASS again
    6. Scroll to the bottom and hit Exit
    "
    Pavelsan likes this.
    07-20-18 02:41 AM
    Second day:

- Getting the hand of keyboard, speed has increased substantially from yesterday.
    - one pleasant thing to note: this phone is much easier on my pockets. also, I do not switch off phone accidentally when I bend or sit with the phone inside my jeans pocket, as compared to my previous passport
    - noticed considerable lags, especially when dialling numbers when Im trying to make a call. fustrating.
    - when u try to do scrolling and then hold your finger there, you can see the page jittering. this is non-existent on my passport, or should I say: bb10?
    Thanks for your input, enjoyed reading it. it's always nice to compare one's experience with another user's. Just by reading the various posts here over the past few weeks, I am struck by how little consistency there is in this phone's performance and build depending on the units. And it's really, really puzzling. You expect bugs and some variations but not to such an extent. Scrolling works fine on my phone. Try a quick reboot or reset, it might take care of what you're describing.
    07-20-18 02:51 AM
    Not sure about that though. For the page jittery issue, it does not happen in the Hub, or when doing emails etc. It happen more for webpages or applications.
    For the lagging when dialling numbers in VKB, this is not the first bb device that shows this. My previous pp has a little, and I had a dtek60 too, that shows the same degree of lagginess as this keytwo. I doubt reset will do much. Got a hunch that this is either a blackberry issue, or google's...
    07-20-18 03:26 AM
    my PRIV gets the lag in the Call Dailer as well. so I guess it is not due to K2.
    07-20-18 03:44 AM
    apparently, bb-droid phones have this issue then..
    07-20-18 03:48 AM
    So is this a black key2 issue or silver also?
    07-20-18 05:29 AM
    both the same
    07-20-18 06:15 AM
    perhaps clearing the cache under settings | apps | phone can help
    07-20-18 02:28 PM