Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    It was for a good cause, little girl drowned brought back to life with CPR. Grateful phone was one that died failed, not her.

Only took 15 seconds of water, and the silver screen blinked off then started to heat up and then fire hot, untouchable, till gone after couple hour couple hrs.

But now it's time for another phone a month later with claim covered by credit card. (btw my credit card covered it all - never knew there were such warranty perks).

I'm on the fence, purchased the first one silver mostly because it looked like a better chance to have less wobble in space at, and for which came true when I got it. Now that it's been some time, though, could any black key2 owners comment how their phone is now - too much wobble, anything else, screen coloring? I've heard a number of things reading up on forums, but would like to know where opinion lies currently. I've always liked black blackberries as prefer the nondescript under-the-radar profile.

Thanks in advance for any insight. Sent with 'ol sturdy Priv stand-by.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-07-18 06:07 PM
    First of all, congrats on saving a life. It really is what matters most.

As for the phone, well, I guess you have a whole lot of spare parts for your new KEY2 lol.

As for the spacebar wobbliness, it's not only the Black which were affected, but I did seem to see more cases of those having looseness than Silver.

That said, I think devices made in August and later should be rectified entirely, hopefully.

So if you can manage to grab a later built device, go for it regardless of color.
    10-09-18 04:01 AM
    Run, run I say to the KEYtwo. It will be love at first sight and you will then be able to heal and put the past behind you.
    10-09-18 05:37 AM
    got the BlackBerry and feeling good. thanks guys
    the_boon likes this.
    10-19-18 02:18 PM
    Got a dual Sim which was meant to be for the Chinese market (came without Google apps) and it's been a stellar experience. One month in and loving it. no build issues whatsoever. no wobbly space bar. did you buy it?
    10-19-18 08:51 PM
    I've been enjoying my Key² since I bought it.
    Sure there are a few things that bug me; like the space bar, as it does have a different click sound - not that it is very annoying but noticeable... it's not lose just sounds different from the other keys.
    The SD card has to be input and formated outside the phone then inserted and never be removed otherwise apps will not function properly, not rain or splash proof as you already found out with you last phone.
    The camera isn't exactly top notch.
    But I love the keyboard, love the security you get with BlackBerry, and the battery life is amazing.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-20-18 02:58 AM
    Sure there are a few things that bug me; like the space bar, as it does have a different click sound - not that it is very annoying but noticeable... it's not lose just sounds different from the other keys.
    The SD card has to be input and formated outside the phone then inserted and never be removed otherwise apps will not function properly, not rain or splash proof as you already found out with you last phone.
    But I love the keyboard, love the security you get with BlackBerry, and the battery life is amazing.
    All the reasons I returned it and got the key le..space bar is per no issues and doesn't sound different than all the other keys on the device also I love the smoothed out edges on this phone key2 has sharp edges making it uncomfortable to hold
    10-20-18 07:46 AM
    But at least it doesn't have a top notch...

...Sorry I had to
    10-20-18 03:05 PM
    I thought the same when I ordered the silver one and it really was an eye catcher.. got couple of compliments at different places (typically at truck stops because I'm a commercial driver). Pulled the trigger on black one early this week and it's here and I must say it looks absolutely stunning.
    10-20-18 05:51 PM
    I thought the same when I ordered the silver one and it really was an eye catcher.. got couple of compliments at different places (typically at truck stops because I'm a commercial driver). Pulled the trigger on black one early this week and it's here and I must say it looks absolutely stunning.
    Just a matter of time before someone here makes a frankenstein KEY2, swapping silver parts into a black one etc
    10-21-18 02:19 AM
    The keyone spacebar is different than the regular keys. How does the key2 spacebar compare?
    10-21-18 03:36 AM
    The keyone spacebar is different than the regular keys. How does the key2 spacebar compare?
    There is more a difference between the KEY2's spacebar and the rest of the keys than the KEYone's spacebar and the rest of its keys.
    10-21-18 03:46 AM
    But at least it doesn't have a top notch...

...Sorry I had to
    Lol!!! Love it. I have the KEYone Black Limited Edition and I have been pleased with the photos captured. Even had a friend with the iPhone complementing me on the pix. It's not just about technology but also the framing and timing of the moments captured. And the fact that the K1 works better in low light vs the K2 is giving me pause to do an upgrade.
    Attached Thumbnails Silver went in the pool, time for a black KEY2?-45781.jpg  
    10-21-18 11:07 AM
    following up on color selection - yup, bought the Black blackberry key2, and love the look of it. Space bar can be bit wobbly, but I've read this settles in after sometime which I can actually already feel happen (or so I think). Have bit of issue with keyboard going wacko on search lines entering in multiple spaces or caps or tildes and Spanish accent marks within chrome or kindle sometimes but had that on silver too and it's not as crazy as then, so I'm guessing key board software getting worked out.

All in all, grateful to have key2 back in hand, so ergonomically perfect and functional, secure. Helps it looks bomb
    the_boon likes this.
    10-21-18 03:35 PM
    following up on color selection - yup, bought the Black blackberry key2, and love the look of it. Space bar can be bit wobbly, but I've read this settles in after sometime which I can actually already feel happen (or so I think). Have bit of issue with keyboard going wacko on search lines entering in multiple spaces or caps or tildes and Spanish accent marks within chrome or kindle sometimes but had that on silver too and it's not as crazy as then, so I'm guessing key board software getting worked out.

All in all, grateful to have key2 back in hand, so ergonomically perfect and functional, secure. Helps it looks bomb
    Congrats on your new KEY2.

I found a neat little trick to take care of the spacebar wobbling which simply consists of fitting a small rectangular piece of paper between the bottom of te spacebar and the chin of the phone. Then you can color it black and it'll be essentially invisible.
    The paper basically acts as a buffer by filling in the space where the button would wobble.
    10-22-18 02:41 AM