I dont think bb10 was ever locked down. Had security in mind but I had control of files I could put on or take off as I wished. Could try out newer os versions. Could do what I wanted with my pictures without asking daddy apple. That is my take. Never used one or ever will. Would revert to flip phone first.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    Enjoy your flip phone.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    08-03-19 11:42 AM
    Enjoy your flip phone.
    I will if it comes to that but I think google will still make phones so the need for apple will never be an option I would need to look at.

Reg
    08-03-19 11:45 AM
    I will if it comes to that but I think google will still make phones so the need for apple will never be an option I would need to look at.

Reg
    True. We are down to 2 manufacturers and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.
    08-03-19 11:49 AM
    True. We are down to 2 manufacturers and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.
    Two platforms - one of which has dozens of manufacturers/OEMs.
    TgeekB, Vistaus and Jonneh like this.
    08-03-19 11:53 AM
    I still distinctly remember when we switched from BlackBerry (9900 was the last) to the Samsung S4 flagship. There was pandemonium across the Corporation. We hated it! No PKB, gmail was a serious learning curve to the point that 1 week after launch we had to set up emergency, mandatory Webinars to train executives on how to use this new Android OS animal! Communications were in disarray for that first week! By the time a few years later we switched to iOS (BlackBerry was no longer a viable alternative) folks still had disdain for Android. iOS on the other hand, was an easy and smooth rollout! How quickly some of us forget the heady early days.
    Last edited by Crusader03; 08-03-19 at 12:33 PM.
    08-03-19 12:00 PM
    Two platforms - one of which has dozens of manufacturers/OEMs.
    Correct!
    08-03-19 12:04 PM
    I still distinctly remember when we switched from BlackBerry (9900 was the last) to the Samsung S4 flagship. There was pandemonium across the Corporation. We hated it! No PKB, gmail was a serious learning curve to the point that 1 week after launch we had to set up emergency, mandatory Webinars to train executives on how to use this new Android OS animal! Communications were in disarray for that first week! By the time a few years later we switched to iOS (BlackBerry was longer a viable alternative) folks still had disdain for Android. iOS on the other hand, was an easy and smooth rollout! How quickly some of us forget the heady early days.
    That's true. iOS is the true fire-and-forget choice for those that just need a widget that "works" out of the box.

That said, Android has come a LONG way in the last 6 years, although customizability still remains a top priority.
    Jonneh likes this.
    08-03-19 12:15 PM
    I agree. Some people just want to hate Apple because, I believe, they think they were somehow responsible for dethroning BlackBerry.
    Remember the “Apple killer” comments? People were pumped thinking BB10 was going to do just that. The only defense now is to never use iOS I guess.
    Their proprietariness and pricing has always kept me from diving all-in. My wife did since 98% of the time it's iPad/iPhone so made perfect sense. Even then trying to cohabitate with other platforms at times can be an exercise in futility, very frustrating at times.

I'm just hoping their next offerings include something more affordable yet not feature stripped, along the lines of Google's "a" series. Believe it'd be a win win for all involved (them and us).
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-03-19 01:16 PM
    Their proprietariness and pricing has always kept me from diving all-in. My wife did since 98% of the time it's iPad/iPhone so made perfect sense. Even then trying to cohabitate with other platforms at times can be an exercise in futility, very frustrating at times.

I'm just hoping their next offerings include something more affordable yet not feature stripped, along the lines of Google's "a" series. Believe it'd be a win win for all involved (them and us).
    Totally agree with that point, that’s why I buy used for half the price. I will not spend $1000 on a smartphone.

I believe (we’ll see) that they are starting to wake up to the fact that they must provide an affordable alternative. Their fans have to stop buying anything they put out and saying they’re worth the price. I do believe they are worth a certain amount because of their service and reliability. They are not worth a mortgage payment.
    Elky64, Bbnivende, Vistaus and 1 others like this.
    08-03-19 01:24 PM
    My BlackBerry Passport had to be retired since the battery doesn't hold a charge anymore. It was my favorite device. Since then I went to the BlackBerry KeyOne and still using it. They Key2 looks great, but I'm holding out to see what's next. I was already determined to get through 2019 with the KeyOne.

My spacebar did give me trouble, but I found that if I sort of worked with it by tapping rapidly and holding it down and blowing air underneath the key, it goes back to being normal for months. I think lint may be getting under there from being in my pocket.

Battery life is still great and overall performance is really good.

I also like having the other "SHIFT" key as my "CTRL" key as I do a good deal of typing on it. They Key2 loses that extra key for a menu key to get to your apps more quickly. Wouldn't mind having a key for that too, but not at the expense of losing my "CTRL" functions. Of course, I have keyboard shortcuts galore as well, and other keyboard shortcuts when I am using my file manager, X-plore. I purchased it and it is pretty powerful even connecting to cloud storage and the like.
    Your Passport battery was an easy swap out.............My Silver is on its 3rd battery......GOING STRONG! As for the other questions statements I just enjoy my phones Passport/KeyOne/Two/Priv/Classic. Switching around as I feel.
    08-03-19 01:26 PM
    Please consider KeyTwo

I have both phones
    My KeyTwo actually outperforms KeyOne KeyTwo keys are actually better and more comfortable.
    More RAM and I have a 1TB Micro SD installed in my KeyTwo
    It sees all of the space available.
    These phones really are different from one another but look the same.
    It only has one shift key but.......
    Please don't forget the KeyTwo has the BlackBerry Key which is assignable to pretty much anything you like

I'm not too sure about that Passport Form Factor phone everyone is raving about.
    I LOVE the idea and I'm a fan !!!
    The problem is the company isn't affiliated with BlackBerry.
    With that said the fact it has a QWERTY Keypad that very well may get it killed off in court as historically BlackBerry assails these companies in court.
    BlackBerry has the VERY BEST Patent Attorneys
    Just sayin'

Best Regards
    Chris
    08-03-19 05:38 PM
    I would jump on that red KEY2
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    08-04-19 12:54 AM
    I would jump on that red KEY2
    I do love my Z10 LE, it's a nice bright red. Wouldn't mind getting a KEY2 in red as well though.
    08-04-19 01:03 AM
    Your Passport battery was an easy swap out.............My Silver is on its 3rd battery......GOING STRONG! As for the other questions statements I just enjoy my phones Passport/KeyOne/Two/Priv/Classic. Switching around as I feel.
    Where are you acquiring your BB Passport batteries?

The days of true "easy" battery swap-outs in phones are long gone. Haha! But I understand what you mean.

(dusting BBPassport off now)
    08-04-19 09:34 AM
    Where are you acquiring your BB Passport batteries?

The days of true "easy" battery swap-outs in phones are long gone. Haha! But I understand what you mean.

(dusting BBPassport off now)
    we my company had a few. If you need one I could find one and ship it too you if you would like one. No charge just keeping the last great T Rex or phones alive a little longer....lol
    08-04-19 04:56 PM
    we my company had a few. If you need one I could find one and ship it too you if you would like one. No charge just keeping the last great T Rex or phones alive a little longer....lol
    If your company doesn't mind, sounds pretty cool, thanks!

Let me first dig up the old device as I have been painting and packing a lot of stuff into boxes. (Accumulated so much stuff!!!)
    08-05-19 09:19 AM
    If your company doesn't mind, sounds pretty cool, thanks!

Let me first dig up the old device as I have been painting and packing a lot of stuff into boxes. (Accumulated so much stuff!!!)
    No worries, and I own the company.....retired. But my sons can't say no to dad......lol
    08-05-19 03:57 PM
    Hey Conite! Totally out of order here but my brother and i use the BB launcher on a Pixel 2XL and it seems to keep reverting back to Pixel launcher since upgrade to Android 10. Any answers to that?
    09-21-19 11:08 AM
    Hey Conite! Totally out of order here but my brother and i use the BB launcher on a Pixel 2XL and it seems to keep reverting back to Pixel launcher since upgrade to Android 10. Any answers to that?
    Make sure the BlackBerry Launcher (and HUB+ Services) have all permissions enabled, and have no memory management going on.
    09-21-19 12:14 PM
    Please consider KeyTwo

"More RAM and I have a 1TB Micro SD installed in my KeyTwo"

Just sayin'

Best Regards
    Chris
    "More RAM and I have a 1TB Micro SD installed in my KeyTwo" !
    Which SD card are you using and how long have you had it for?
    09-21-19 01:59 PM
    wife just got android 10 on her phone. over rated features, nothing special.
    09-22-19 11:33 PM
    wife just got android 10 on her phone. over rated features, nothing special.
    Privacy manager feature has been a lot improved
    09-23-19 03:14 AM
    I have an IPad pro. Never felt locked down or limited.
    09-23-19 07:36 AM
    That speaks more to your usage patterns and preferences than anything else.

I feel like I'm wearing a straight-jacket.
    09-23-19 07:45 AM
    ipad os? How does file manager works now?
    09-23-19 08:14 AM
136 12345 ...