ummm. that is the wrong company to send it to. Blackberry does the software and TCL does the hardwear.
    Software is a combo. TCL does a lot of the apps now, and BlackBerry is more focused on the kernel.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-12-19 05:59 PM
    It's unfortunate that some won't sign up... regardless if this petition has any positive results or not, which likely will be the case unfortunately.

It would just be a nice gesture to be supportive of the members here on CrackBerry... just my dos centavos.

Bob
    Fair enough. I’ll sign at 1,000
    zephyr613 and Vistaus like this.
    02-12-19 08:50 PM
    +1,000
    02-13-19 12:06 AM
    Well, I signed it.

But then, I'm still waiting on a fully restored '77 theatrical version of Star Wars to be released in HD format. I signed that petition years ago.

Any day now....
    02-13-19 12:09 AM
    See you on the flip side Chuck. Thanks for the support in advance!
    02-13-19 12:48 AM
    Software is a combo. TCL does a lot of the apps now, and BlackBerry is more focused on the kernel.
    Support and sign! That's all that is required! Or not! Cheers,
    02-13-19 12:50 AM
    ummm. that is the wrong company to send it to. Blackberry does the software and TCL does the hardwear.
    I will make sure the right company gets it. Don't worry.
    02-13-19 03:47 AM
    Yeah, I would love to sign, but I'm going to have to go with conite here. I think there's a better chance of BlackBerry reviving BB10 then them doing something with this petition...
    I respect everyone's decision not to sign but basically it takes 2 seconds to sign and it can only help...
    02-13-19 03:50 AM
    It's unfortunate that some won't sign up... regardless if this petition has any positive results or not, which likely will be the case unfortunately.

It would just be a nice gesture to be supportive of the members here on CrackBerry... just my dos centavos.

Bob
    Thanks for the support Bob.
    02-13-19 03:54 AM
    Hmmmm, that's what they said about the French and American revolutions, go figure! But in all seriousness, wouldn't hurt if you did, faith in the end, is all we really have. Plus it would show tremendous good will on your part. Cheers,
    If you want a better outcome than the usual petitions thrown around CB, toss TCL's build server into Boston Harbor. It shouldn't be too hard to lift a Dell Optiplex from 2003 anyway.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-13-19 08:45 AM
    Up to 16.... only 884 and counting down for me to eat crow.... that should be worth signing .....
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-13-19 08:50 AM
    TCL getting more involved with software? Does anyone else find this frightening?
    02-13-19 10:26 AM
    TCL getting more involved with software? Does anyone else find this frightening?
    The kernel stuff is still BlackBerry, and it is BlackBerry that packages and signs the final release in Waterloo.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-13-19 10:28 AM
    I just started a petition to convince TCL to be more open about which issues it is planning to address when. If you agree sign the petition. I will hand it over to TCL when we have a substantial number of supporters.

Better changelog and roadmap info https://secure.avaaz.org/en/communit...rm=rhAaob%2Ben
    I've previously been involved in setting up a couple of User Groups and having a (private) Roadmap was one of the big things that both User Groups pushed for... and I believe that having a Roadmap can aid long-term customer satisfaction... however, I also believe that a Roadmap can put off existing/potential customers.

Unfortunately there are a lot of problems with having a public Roadmap:
    • Suppliers won't publish their whizziest stuff on it - eg why give free breaks to the competition?
    • Suppliers will often not publish even slightly whizzy stuff on it - as it may still give the (potential) competition some other free pointers (eg market analysis)
    • Many Customers don't understand the concept of a Roadmap and believe that the Roadmap is written in stone (when it isn't) - Roadmaps are meant to be flexible indicators NOT dogmatic writ
    • Roadmaps can mis-set Customers' expectations
    • Customer dissatisfaction when Supplier flexes (for whatever reason) re: what is on the Roadmap

Question: are you looking for Roadmap from TCL (hardware), Blackberry (software), both, and/or a combined with aligned hardware & software on it?

Hope the above makes some sense and aids the discussion in some small way.
    john_v, Vistaus and brookie229 like this.
    02-13-19 11:54 AM
    Funny thing is... some regions DO get actual changelogs. They just seem to be excluded for North America.
    02-13-19 02:01 PM
    I've previously been involved in setting up a couple of User Groups and having a (private) Roadmap was one of the big things that both User Groups pushed for... and I believe that having a Roadmap can aid long-term customer satisfaction... however, I also believe that a Roadmap can put off existing/potential customers.

Unfortunately there are a lot of problems with having a public Roadmap:
    • Suppliers won't publish their whizziest stuff on it - eg why give free breaks to the competition?
    • Suppliers will often not publish even slightly whizzy stuff on it - as it may still give the (potential) competition some other free pointers (eg market analysis)
    • Many Customers don't understand the concept of a Roadmap and believe that the Roadmap is written in stone (when it isn't) - Roadmaps are meant to be flexible indicators NOT dogmatic writ
    • Roadmaps can mis-set Customers' expectations
    • Customer dissatisfaction when Supplier flexes (for whatever reason) re: what is on the Roadmap

Question: are you looking for Roadmap from TCL (hardware), Blackberry (software), both, and/or a combined with aligned hardware & software on it?

Hope the above makes some sense and aids the discussion in some small way.
    This is precisely why I don't think this is a good idea. I just didn't want to be the one to say it, as I have taken a bit of heat lately. LOL
    BigAl_BB9900 and Vistaus like this.
    02-13-19 02:01 PM
    Funny thing is... some regions DO get actual changelogs. They just seem to be excluded for North America.
    But I think the OP is more interested in a development road map.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-13-19 02:02 PM
    But I think the OP is more interested in a road map.
    I'm sure. But that's not likely ever going to come easily for all the reasons @BigAl_BB9900 highlighted. No one hands out their full-on roadmaps anymore.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-13-19 02:03 PM
    I'm sure. But that's not likely ever going to come easily for all the reasons @BigAl_BB9900 highlighted. No one hands out their full-on roadmaps anymore.
    So you’re saying that you and CBK won’t be publishing CB roadmap...... LOL couldn’t resist
    02-13-19 08:34 PM
    This is precisely why I don't think this is a good idea. I just didn't want to be the one to say it, as I have taken a bit of heat lately. LOL
    I fully understand the risks with a full roadmap strategy. I too agree, not a good idea. However what I do support is more transparency and detail than what we have now. Subjective, I know.
    02-13-19 09:46 PM
    There is a difference between revealing full roadmap plans and being transparent. In a first iteration I would be happy to see things like

bug a,b,c fixed

bug x,y,z in the coming month(s)

feature 1,2 added.

Microsoft does it for their entire O365 platform. of course not revealing everything publicly but enough to inform existing customers on the fact things are happening in areas where a lot of customers had issues or concerns.
    02-14-19 10:10 AM
    There is a difference between revealing full roadmap plans and being transparent. In a first iteration I would be happy to see things like

bug a,b,c fixed

bug x,y,z in the coming month(s)

feature 1,2 added.

Microsoft does it for their entire O365 platform. of course not revealing everything publicly but enough to inform existing customers on the fact things are happening in areas where a lot of customers had issues or concerns.
    MS doesn't do that for their entire O365 platform. The Word for Android app, for example, keeps saying "We regularly improve the app" in every single changelog.
    02-14-19 12:08 PM
    I fully understand the risks with a full roadmap strategy. I too agree, not a good idea. However what I do support is more transparency and detail than what we have now. Subjective, I know.
    Yeah, it would be nice to have a little something to hold on to. For example, "Pie is coming Q2 to the BlackBerry KEY2". Clear enough for us so we have something to hold on to, vague enough for them to have plenty of room (Q2 is 4 whole months!) to work on it.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-14-19 12:09 PM
    Yeah, it would be nice to have a little something to hold on to. For example, "Pie is coming Q2 to the BlackBerry KEY2". Clear enough for us so we have something to hold on to, vague enough for them to have plenty of room (Q2 is 4 whole months!) to work on it.
    Agreed. By the way, is the K2 guaranteed one update (Pie) or 2 system updates? Can't recall.
    02-14-19 12:19 PM
    Agreed. By the way, is the K2 guaranteed one update (Pie) or 2 system updates? Can't recall.
    One.
    02-14-19 12:26 PM
61 123