I'm currently up for an upgrade with Rogers and I have two options. First is to upgrade to the Key2 even though it's already a year old. Second is to keep the KeyOne I am using until BlackBerry reveals the Key3 if ever.
    My KeyOne isn't ****ting the bed but it's also not perfect. The keyboard capacitive touches are way to sensitive and I find that it's just randomly scrolling. It does start lagging a bit with too many apps open and the battery is not as good as it used to be.

Anyways, I have an extra note 8 I can use too if my KeyOne ever becomes unusable but I'd rather not.

Let me know, KeyOne until Key3 or the already 1 year old Key2 for the next two years until I can upgrade again.
    06-15-19 12:39 PM
    There's going to be a lot of people telling you to wait, and just as many telling you to upgrade. You've got the "nothing wrong with my devicers" and the "defective this and that'ers" . I'm of the former, but only you know if you want or need a new device. I found the upgrade from the Key1 to the Key2 WELL worth it.
    Dante Ventu and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-15-19 01:24 PM
    Going from a KEYone to KEY2 is a huge upgrade in performance, no question. However, if you can hold out for the KEY3, it might make more financial sense, if that's an issue.

That said, there might not even be a KEY3. I'm 50/50 that BlackBerry Mobile will never make another device.
    06-15-19 01:38 PM
    I'm currently up for an upgrade with Rogers and I have two options. First is to upgrade to the Key2 even though it's already a year old. Second is to keep the KeyOne I am using until BlackBerry reveals the Key3 if ever.
    My KeyOne isn't ****ting the bed but it's also not perfect. The keyboard capacitive touches are way to sensitive and I find that it's just randomly scrolling. It does start lagging a bit with too many apps open and the battery is not as good as it used to be.

Anyways, I have an extra note 8 I can use too if my KeyOne ever becomes unusable but I'd rather not.

Let me know, KeyOne until Key3 or the already 1 year old Key2 for the next two years until I can upgrade again.
    I would upgrade you will not be disappointed. We don't even know if a key 3 will be released and even if it is you will still have an amazing phone with the key 2.
    Dante Ventu and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-15-19 03:39 PM
    Asking in the Key² forum whether you should buy one is a bit like joining a whisky one and asking if you should drink.
    Byrese and Super Spartan like this.
    06-15-19 05:09 PM
    Asking in the Key² forum whether you should buy one is a bit like joining a whisky one and asking if you should drink.
    Not really. He's not asking if he should own a phone, he's asking if he should own THIS phone. There are a lot of former Key2 users active on this forum, and a lot of current key2 users with varying issues. I'm sure they have an opinion to voice, as not everyone here loves all things blackberry at the moment.
    06-15-19 08:29 PM
    I made the jump from KEYone to KEY2 with the same concerns about a potential KEY3 appearing mid-contract, but I'm glad I did. While my KEYone was still working great, there's no doubt the KEY2 just performs better. If no KEY3 is ever actually released, at least I'll know that I was using the best KEY device that was available.
    06-15-19 09:11 PM
    Well, you could always sell the KEY2 when/if the KEY3 comes out, I would sell it just before it does so it would retain max value.

There is a huge huge improvement in the design and feel of the KEY2 compared to the KEYone.

Matter of fact, everything is better with the 2, aside from the feel and click of the spacebar
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-15-19 09:12 PM
    don't think key 3 is happening
    06-15-19 10:21 PM
    Matter of fact, everything is better with the 2, aside from the feel and click of the spacebar
    I think it's Pot Luck with the Key2 Keyboard and Spacebar - and they also seem to 'bed in' with time.

I was using a client's Black Key2 last night, and his space bar was definitely different from mine (Silver) and a little squidgy/clicky...
    ... however his keyboard was lovely and better than on my Silver (note: I've never had anything to complain about with mine).

His Black keyboard had a completely different feel, BUT I did wonder if this is because he had pounded the keyboard into shape for the last 10 months (eg we had to replace his computer keyboard after a year because he had worn it out with his incredibly heavy typing - ex-manual-typewriter chap and all that).

Another client has a Silver Key2 and there is hardly any discernible click on his space-bar (though quite a lot on mine - not that I have an issue/preference either way).

Hope that makes sense!

BTW - I would definitely upgrade to the Key2 for all the reasons given above - I never got a Key1 as I found it underwhelming but I'm generally happy with my Key2 (the only unhappiness being loud-speaker quality, eg speaker-phone and playing music out loud, neither are anyway near as good as the Passport or the 9000/9700).
    06-16-19 10:47 AM
    Key2 RED?

Is there something special about the KEY2 Red?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-19 02:37 PM
    Key2 RED?

Is there something special about the KEY2 Red?

Posted via CB10
    Aside from the Red paint, you get an improved spacebar, as well as white alt characters on the keyboard which are more legible, and red headphones.

And I guess also the privilege of owning a very very rare variant of the lineup.
    06-16-19 02:44 PM
    Let me know, KeyOne until Key3 or the already 1 year old Key2 for the next two years until I can upgrade again.[/QUOTE]

My answer is yes.
    06-17-19 06:26 AM
    In my personal opinion, go ahead and get the KEY2.

First, there is no guarentee on when the KEY3 will be released, or what specs/form factor it will be in. Second, I don't think the KEY2 keyboard issues are as big as people make it out to be as long as your getting a recently made model (which most of them are these days I suspect). And three, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to get a proper KEY2. Supply is already really scarce, as Amazon seems to be the only mainstream retailer still carrying proper BBF100-2 models.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, but I hope that helps! :-)
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-17-19 09:58 AM
    Wait for key 3, or get the LE. Buying the 2 is like buying a cat from the sack.
    06-17-19 10:49 AM
    Buying the 2 is like buying a cat from the sack.
    Not sure what that means lol
    06-17-19 11:22 AM
    Not sure what that means lol
    Yeah, because that’s not american saying. Here, that means sometime you get your luck (zero issue), sometime doesn’t (bugs).
    06-17-19 11:50 AM
    true. I went through about 4 key2 devices because the screen had issues!
    06-17-19 03:22 PM
    Poor doityourself...the kinda guy that attracts all the bad luck then...4 consecutive bad devices!? That's a lot of bad luck! Personally, I went from KeyOne to Key2 Red a couple of weeks ago and I'm glad I did. The Key2 is notably faster and smoother and the keyboard is yet again much better. I didn't have any issues with either the KeyOne or the Key2 by the way and liked the KeyOne a lot as well. So to answer the question: I'd say go for a Key2!
    06-17-19 06:11 PM
    Poor doityourself...the kinda guy that attracts all the bad luck then...4 consecutive bad devices!? That's a lot of bad luck! Personally, I went from KeyOne to Key2 Red a couple of weeks ago and I'm glad I did. The Key2 is notably faster and smoother and the keyboard is yet again much better. I didn't have any issues with either the KeyOne or the Key2 by the way and liked the KeyOne a lot as well. So to answer the question: I'd say go for a Key2!
    Well, you could go through 50 silver KEYones made before 07/10/2017, and you'll get 50 screen lifts
    06-17-19 07:01 PM
    And they'll all end up with the same poor sod. Life can be cruel...
    06-18-19 02:16 AM
    Wait
    06-18-19 05:48 AM
    Yh

All had faded screen colours and some weird shadow effect on the icons

🤦*♂️
    06-18-19 06:06 AM
    It always makes more sense to wait 6 months or longer to pick up a new phone as the price depreciated and you get the same fantastic phone at bargain prices. Most androids prices fall by $400 a few months post launch date. Significant savings!
    Andrew Poderis likes this.
    06-18-19 06:33 AM
    It always makes more sense to wait 6 months or longer to pick up a new phone as the price depreciated and you get the same fantastic phone at bargain prices. Most androids prices fall by $400 a few months post launch date. Significant savings!
    And the initial flaws in the product or the production will be discovered and repaired by then.
    Andrew Poderis likes this.
    06-18-19 07:02 AM
66 123