Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hello All,

I'm hoping someone could help.

I have a friend who is using a Key2 and all of a sudden the send icon doesn't do anything and does not send out. It highlights but does nothing else.

The application was updated 2 days ago and it seems like it is running properly but it is unable to send nor save drafts as well. Tapping it does nothing.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

We shut it down by holding the power button for over 30 seconds and then back on and it worked for a minute and then did it again.

Any help would be really grateful.

Thank you!!
    09-11-19 11:48 AM
    Checking SMTP sever setting, especially security setting
    09-11-19 02:31 PM
    Thanks Zebra 99!

Unfortunately those settings weren't changed before and everything, as far as I can tell, are set to their respective default/detected settings.

How can I clear the HUB cache? This is running from what I can tell is the latest version from the Play Store: 2.1906.0.17296
    09-11-19 04:01 PM
    Had to end up deleting all email accounts, then clearing the cache, uninstalling the Hub back to factory version (1.6.x), then disabling the Hub within app settings which then allowed the uninstalling of the Hub Services and then manually upgrading each component and re-adding each account.

Pretty frustrating. BB10 is way better with emails.

Still monitoring the results but so far so good.
    09-11-19 05:15 PM
    Which email service do you use? Recently more and more service has “improving” their security and may cause issues.
    I have 4 email account from outlook, isp, company and iCloud. It’s no issue so far ( once iCloud can not sync calendar due to their changes).

Sometimes outlook may difficult send email from my MacBook and blackberry. But it back to normal quickly. I guess some networking problem.

If nothing changed on your blackberry side. I suppose that happened on sever /service side.
    09-12-19 03:06 AM
    Thank you for the response Zebra 99. I really appreciate it.

There were 4 email accounts on there and they all exhibited the same issue. It was the application that was failing that caused this. It would just sit there and do nothing. It wouldn't even try to send the button would highlight when you touched it but do absolutely nothing. We even tried removing and re-adding an email account and it downloaded and seemed to have functioned properly but the same issue persisted. I'm guessing that there was some sort of internal Hub database corruption.

The device is only a few months old also so the set up is relatively new. The Hub services and Hub are to blame here since after I forced it by trying to uninstall it, update it again, I received a prompt asking me to quit or wait for the Hub services to respond.

Somewhat panicked since nothing I tried was working nor found another post describing the same issue, I called BlackBerry directly on the phone, only for the system attendant to prompt me towards an automated "goodbye" and hang up on me when I chose the correct options from the phone system for speaking to someone about a BlackBerry phone application issue.

Honestly, I found it absolutely ridiculous not being able to speak to a person in time of such panic because whatever I tried didn't work, my friend wasn't able to work for quite some time, and I didn't want to be forced and resort to remove everything (or even wipe the phone!) and set everything up again if there was a better option... Who has the time for this? Especially on a "business" phone where your work won't stop for you to take hours off to resolve such an issue like this?

Bottom line, I'm still on a all-touch BB10 device (Z30) and I have never seen this happen on my phone but a few colleagues of mine who have made the switch to a BlackBerry Android device with the Hub have had issues with accounts not working and have resorted to removing and re-adding them more than I'd like to hear. This one however was just plain odd where it wouldn't even send out and just sit there on the compose message screen.

Now I'm just anticipating when this will happen again, because before I had my reservations on Android OS being so archaic and after this, I don't trust the platform even more now.

After all of this, I'm just really sad to see just how awful this experience was as well as for the platform and handling of company support.

My only thanks goes to the community here at Crackberry.com
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 09-12-19 at 02:00 PM.
    09-12-19 09:08 AM
    True, BlackBerry key2 only advantage is PKB and email hub. If that is not work, you will not take it any longer as daily life.
    09-12-19 06:48 PM