Now that BlackBerry Mobile has ended the software support for BlackBerry Key2 with no more security updates, do you guys have any recommendations for subscription based security software? Would they even help?
    11-19-21 05:02 PM
    Now that BlackBerry Mobile has ended the software support for BlackBerry Key2 with no more security updates, do you guys have any recommendations for subscription based security software? Would they even help?
    "In a 2019 report by AV comparatives, the security research firm detailed a thorough investigation on some of the most popular Android antivirus apps. The conclusion was what a lot of security experts had been suspecting all along—many popular Android antivirus apps do absolutely nothing to scan apps for malicious behavior.

A bulk of the antivirus apps simply use a whitelist to compare against the apps you have installed on your smartphone. Every app that isn't from a vendor in their whitelist is simply flagged as a potentially malicious app."
    dmlis likes this.
    11-19-21 09:02 PM
    Since AV Comparatives is mentioned, this 2021 report is interesting:
    https://www.av-comparatives.org/test...urity-features
    11-21-21 05:36 PM
    It time to move on to a device that could be considered "current" and still getting updates. It's a hard truth, but in the end nothing else is going to "patch" those security vulnerabilities that will mount up month after month....

Now if your just talking about phone calls, texting and email, and you turn off any of the radios your not using (Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC...). But if you have your whole life in your phone, that's like locking the doors but leaving the windows open.
    11-22-21 02:12 PM
    I currently use Norton 360 to protect mine
    11-23-21 01:52 PM
    I currently use Norton 360 to protect mine
    Waste of resources. It has no value.
    11-23-21 02:33 PM
    Waste of resources. It has no value.
    Sugar Pills have no real value... but they sometimes makes people feel good (even though they aren't really getting better).
    11-23-21 04:05 PM
    "In a 2019 report by AV comparatives, the security research firm detailed a thorough investigation on some of the most popular Android antivirus apps. The conclusion was what a lot of security experts had been suspecting all along—many popular Android antivirus apps do absolutely nothing to scan apps for malicious behavior.

A bulk of the antivirus apps simply use a whitelist to compare against the apps you have installed on your smartphone. Every app that isn't from a vendor in their whitelist is simply flagged as a potentially malicious app."
    Thanks for that, I wont bother with any of them.
    12-01-21 10:59 AM