By now, VKB's on phones have been around about as long as full PKB's have. Guess they're both "outdated" now lol
    There are 3.5 billion vkb smartphones in use today compared to about 100k-300k pkb smartphones. There are far more people using rotary phones than pkb smartphones.

We can have that conversation when the numbers are the same.
    bibbula likes this.
    12-07-21 02:01 PM
    Thank You! Whilst this is an old post, it still is a valuable one. Not everyone has the knowledge, or as in my case, lost a lot of my tech skills (brain injury damage), mourning my lost geek status is hard enough without being mocked for asking questions; many of which may be simple to some, but for others like myself, finding a clear, concise, and detailed step by step answer, makes all the difference, especially when the need to feel secure when opting for a familiar, and re-furbished mobile phone. After my Key1 died a dignified but absolute death, I was gifted a Key2LE by a trusted, dear friend, tech review mate..as such that has also finally reached its last, and the same friend has just sent me a Key2LE Atomic red, which he only used a short bit, and did a factory wipe before posting it. It's hard enough feeling apprehensive about installing my Banking and more important, my "patient access" app connected to my GP, without which I would be lost. Disabled and housebound, this is my only means of staying connected, so that should be indicative of how very much such a small bit of kit has such a huge impact on ones life.
    Apologies for longevity, one of the minor quirks a brain injury with permanent damage is a tendency to ramble, unable to view the full text; albiet, being able to share a sincere, appreciative Thank You, supersedes any worry over a potential backlash via others.
    With warm regards, and many thanks again,
    R Elizabeth
    03-05-24 06:40 AM
    And a couple years later this article is just as relevant, thank you! Just setting up 2nd Key2LE a lovely mate also tech review lad sent me, as my prior Key2 is almost dead (also a gift when key1 died). Whilst I've been eligible for upgrades, special deals etc via my long time trusted provider, I still prefer a SIM only deal, needing a PKB goes beyond just familiarity for some of us. Found a case when looking at some from Cooper, called 'click' may be a future solution if ever a day comes when even refurb BlackBerrys are N/A, but told they are limited to just a few phones at moment. I would be interested to read any more detailed info/opinions on that if yourself or someone else has any knowledge of that, or other case/pkb would be a realistic solution to explore. Thank you, Warm regards, R Elizabeth
    03-05-24 07:29 AM
    The problem is... a couple years later and the KEY2's have nearly a thousand more documented vulnerabilities that have to be considered. So it's risk has greatly increased, if that is what your concern is. And sadly unlike the BBOS and BB10 devices that were somewhat protected by their small and decreasing userbase... Android's use only grows.

Clicks keyboard looks great... and the few that have gotten them seem happen with them. But it's unknown if this is a viable business or if we will see additional units for sale, or options for other model phones. The company and it's key people have gone social media quite...
    03-05-24 09:02 AM
29 12