Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi All

I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem or is it just me.

I got the Key2 in silver with 64GB of internal memory. I installed a new SD Card (128GB) and I let it format it properly (it seems that the option to format it as internal storage has been blocked).

Anyway, I noticed after installing Spotify that it does not show me the option to choose the SD Card as my storage of downloaded music. I tried everything and all the guides and work around by Spotify with no hope. It still saves the music on the internal memory.

I got a thought were I should try using my Apple Music account and see if this is an issue by Spotify or the phone itself.

I downloaded the Apple Music and tried to change the download location into settings and I got an error saying "There was an error transferring your music". Note that I don't have any music downloaded yet! Apple Music also is having issues detecting the SD Card

what the hell did BalckBerry do?

Any idea? Is it a BlackBerry thing or Android?
    07-07-18 10:59 AM
    Possibly some copyright protection issue?
    07-07-18 11:09 AM
    Possibly some copyright protection issue?
    I don't think so. What copy rights? I am a paid subscriber to both services. This has nothing to do with the SD Card not detected by the applications
    07-07-18 11:12 AM
    I don't think so. What copy rights? I am a paid subscriber to both services. This has nothing to do with the SD Card not detected by the applications
    So you can't take tunes on your SD card and play them at the local mall? Or sell them? I have no idea how these services protect their material which you are licensing, not buying.

This doesn't work?

https://support.spotify.com/us/artic...a-information/
    07-07-18 11:31 AM
    Err....I'm 100% sure u won't find the option to store the downloaded Spotify music to the SD card at most of the phones, not only blackberry.
    07-07-18 07:51 PM
    There is definitely a weird bug here. I just got my Key2, got a brand new microsd card in it, and I can't download anything to it.

not google play music, not offline google maps, not youtube music

these are things I do on every cell phone
    07-13-18 07:46 PM
    Yikes. Not loving reading about this.

(cross-posted from this similar thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...lease-1150376/)

I can confirm that setting downloads from Spotify to an external SD card currently works with my KeyONE. I'll be getting a Key2 next week, I will report back as to whether this continues to work with the Key2, using the same SD card that I am currently successfully using in my KeyONE.
    07-14-18 07:20 AM
    Err....I'm 100% sure u won't find the option to store the downloaded Spotify music to the SD card at most of the phones, not only blackberry.
    Actually Spotify and Apple Music allowed downloading music to SD card on my Note 8.
    07-14-18 07:28 AM
    Actually Spotify and Apple Music allowed downloading music to SD card on my Note 8.
    I do not have that option in the spotify for my galaxy s9 plus.
    07-14-18 07:30 AM
    if you have a paid version of Spotify you are able to download up to 3,333 songs per device

there is a 10,000 song limit and you can only download on 3 devices, so for some dumb reason instead of it being 10k total, it is limited to 3,333 songs per device.

I have downloaded them on my ASUS tablet, my Android head unit in my Jeep, my LG V20, my Moto Z2 Force, etc.

it is definitely a feature they offer on Android
    07-14-18 07:45 AM
    if you have a paid version of Spotify you are able to download up to 3,333 songs per device

there is a 10,000 song limit and you can only download on 3 devices, so for some dumb reason instead of it being 10k total, it is limited to 3,333 songs per device.

I have downloaded them on my ASUS tablet, my Android head unit in my Jeep, my LG V20, my Moto Z2 Force, etc.

it is definitely a feature they offer on Android
    Here is a screenshot using my Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Attached Thumbnails SD Card issues with some applications-5215.jpg  
    07-14-18 07:51 AM
    Looks exactly the same as Mike-Mike's screenshot, on the KeyONE.
    07-14-18 07:54 AM
    Here is a screenshot using my Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Here is where the option is on my Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Attached Thumbnails SD Card issues with some applications-5218.jpg  
    07-14-18 07:56 AM
    Here is where the option is on my Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Here that option is missing on my KEY2, although that is the same app version
    Attached Thumbnails SD Card issues with some applications-756.jpg  
    07-14-18 08:00 AM
    Same problem with Deezer Music
    07-14-18 10:01 AM
    I reported this issue to the BlackBerry Hotline
    07-14-18 10:01 AM
    I reported this issue to the BlackBerry Hotline
    I hope many more do so, too! (I will, once I have my device)
    07-14-18 10:02 AM