Today i experienced my first setback with this great phone. I spent the day out in bright daylight and the visibility of my content on the screen was bad!
    My screen is great inside, at night, etc but i did not expected this outside in the sun.
    07-04-19 01:40 PM
    Yeah, a problem that we all experience unfortunately, wished it wasn't an issue, but nothing is perfect. Do you see yourself having to use it outside a lot?
    07-04-19 02:05 PM
    I think all phones have same problem. My wife's newest Samsung S-something is same in heavy sunlight
    07-04-19 02:16 PM
    Today i experienced my first setback with this great phone. I spent the day out in bright daylight and the visibility of my content on the screen was bad!
    My screen is great inside, at night, etc but i did not expected this outside in the sun.
    Aside from turning the brightness all the way up, dont use power saving mode and try turning on "Auto adjust brightness".
    Several here have suggested that it does increase the maximum output by a bit making it easier to read in direct sunlight.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    07-04-19 02:25 PM
    thx for the suggestion, i will try that tomorrow. i use the phone rare outside and if mostly in the morning jours. today was my first day in real sunny conditions
    07-04-19 02:30 PM
    Yeah in the summer you really notice it lol. Not the end of the world though honestly. We don't need to check our phones In the direct sun just wait till you get indoors or in the shade
    07-04-19 05:23 PM
    just a quick update, i activated the adaptive brightness and 100% screen brightness as suggested and for me way better now.
    07-05-19 04:34 AM
    the Key2 needs a bright screen just like the passport
    07-05-19 07:14 AM
    I had this issue on Monday this week. not great. Dimmest smart phone screen I've ever owned
    07-05-19 10:09 AM
    Most new phones in direct sunlight are difficult. My S9 with a supposedly vastly superior screen has to be on Adaptive brightness, just like my BE Key One, to be visible. The best were older BlackBerry devices and screens. My Classic and Passport are more legible than any newer. Used a Pixel 3a of my dad's for 3 weeks. Same thing as S9 and BE.
    07-05-19 12:03 PM
    Most new phones in direct sunlight are difficult. My S9 with a supposedly vastly superior screen has to be on Adaptive brightness, just like my BE Key One, to be visible. The best were older BlackBerry devices and screens. My Classic and Passport are more legible than any newer. Used a Pixel 3a of my dad's for 3 weeks. Same thing as S9 and BE.
    Yeah it's funny I never had this issue with my classic either
    07-05-19 01:39 PM
    Hmm, yeah. My 9900 on lowest brightness level is still perfectly legible in bright sunlight.

For that matter, my Casio Cassiopeia *loves* direct sunlight. Something about that reflective screen makes it much more legible in direct sun glare than in normal indoors lighting.
    07-05-19 09:31 PM
    Try using a OnePlus - much worse in the sun than KEYone or KEY2.
    07-05-19 09:48 PM
    Its funny, we are now comparing our K2's to some other cell phones in order to justice our dismal performance in bright sunlight. How far we have fallen.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-19 01:27 AM
    I found most "dark modes" though house in bright light. normal white screen with black letter works much better for me.

..Tom
    07-06-19 08:21 AM
    I also find the K2 brutal in sunlight which spoils an excellent phone
    07-06-19 11:42 AM