Is it just me, or has anyone else found that after a week of naked use, your phone is showing lots of "micro" scratches??? I didn't think gorilla glass 3 was meant to be that scratchable? Mine has been from hand to pocket and nothing but babied, and the screen on my priv already looks less scratched up (and that phone is 3 yrs old!)
    08-19-18 06:16 PM
    I have many tiny scratches on my Note 8 as well.
    Its pretty normal of Gorilla 3 glass.
    08-19-18 06:29 PM
    Mine looks new.
    08-19-18 06:35 PM
    Mine looks new.
    Just put it in your pocket without case and screen protector and after a few days/weeks/months, depending on your luck, you'll be greeted with the slight scratches.
    08-19-18 07:55 PM
    Is it just me, or has anyone else found that after a week of naked use, your phone is showing lots of "micro" scratches??? I didn't think gorilla glass 3 was meant to be that scratchable? Mine has been from hand to pocket and nothing but babied, and the screen on my priv already looks less scratched up (and that phone is 3 yrs old!)
    The Key2 has gorilla glass 3... Every other phone at this price has gorilla glass 5.
    08-19-18 08:49 PM
    The Key2 has gorilla glass 3... Every other phone at this price has gorilla glass 5.
    GG4 and GG5 sacrifice scratch resistance for impact resistance.

As a matter of fact, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ used GG4, but TCL choose to go with GG3 on the KEY² for that very reason.
    08-19-18 08:59 PM
    How much extra does this add to price? Unfortunately, the higher the price, the lower the demand. Compromise is understood at this point.
    08-19-18 09:02 PM
    How much extra does this add to price? Unfortunately, the higher the price, the lower the demand. Compromise is understood at this point.
    Probably a lot cheaper to use something that came out in 2013 like gorilla glass 3.
    08-19-18 09:04 PM
    Probably a lot cheaper to use something that came out in 2013 like gorilla glass 3.
    That’s my point. How much extra for GG5? You can’t keep adding more expensive components and keep the same price.
    08-19-18 09:16 PM
    That’s my point. How much extra for GG5? You can’t keep adding more expensive components and keep the same price.
    GG5 can be scratched with a 5 pick, where GG3 needs a 6 or 7.
    08-19-18 09:40 PM
    I had the same issue with the Motion. Brand new device and 8 weeks later the screen was covered in micro scratches. Needed a screen replacement it was that bad. Used dozens of cell phones over the last 15 years and none of them have scratched that easily.

It’s just another example of a component part that BBMo have tried to save money on. Add it to the list that includes the camera, speaker, earpiece and screen.

Easy to understand if you do the reverse math. $650 retail, 50% gross margin, now deduct the $100 for the keyboard and BB licensing and they have a budget of $225 to build a device.
    08-19-18 09:49 PM
    Smartphones need screen protectors, no exceptions, my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon and chrispmoto like this.
    08-19-18 10:18 PM
    Smartphones need screen protectors, no exceptions, my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much. Glass is glass.
    08-20-18 02:21 AM
    Mine's been naked and travelling in pockets etc for over a month now, still like new / no scratches.

And yeah, apparently GG3 is actually more scratch resistant than GG5. (Source; Jerry rig everything)
    the_boon and Summer_Moon like this.
    08-20-18 04:23 AM
    I have a S9+ without any screen protector for about 6 months now...there are a bunch of micro scratches indeed. Not that they really bother me though
    08-20-18 04:32 AM
    I use the phone now for 2 months and there is no single scratch. I do not use a screenprotector (never did on a single phone I had, it looks hideous) or use a case because I think it downgrades the phone on it's own.

I have quite an OCD on handeling my pocket management, left front is for the phone (sometimes accompanied with a pack of cigarettes), right front keys and SecrID wallet, left back is for the lighter, and right back is un-occupied...

Screen is in mint condition as effectively all my phones were/are.
    08-20-18 05:19 AM
    You can find some almost completely undetectable screen protectors for the KEY² on Amazon (Newzerol for instance). And they will hide the minor scratches on your screen.
    08-20-18 05:55 AM
    1) GG3 is more scratch resistant. I'm glad they went with it over GG4 or GG5
    2) Glass is glass is glass. Glass scratches, get a screen protector
    3) I believe I have heard that the nano screen protector liquid will fill in minor scratches
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    08-20-18 08:11 AM
    GG4 and GG5 sacrifice scratch resistance for impact resistance.

As a matter of fact, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ used GG4, but TCL choose to go with GG3 on the KEY² for that very reason.
    May I ask, how do you know that TCL chose GG3 for that very reason?
    08-20-18 08:49 AM
    why can't we have what we want instead of what they want...
    08-20-18 09:25 AM
    No scratches here either. 2 months in and I'm not very gentle with it. no protector.
    08-20-18 10:32 AM
    And what is it that you want for the screen?
    08-20-18 04:13 PM
    And what is it that you want for the screen?
    Inasmuch as the Key# series has that format (4.5") & I have called for a "larger display" (really pining for Priv size) I would maybe settle for vanishing navigation icons (à la Priv) To add a little real-estate especially less scrolling...
    08-20-18 04:34 PM
    According to our master Zack from JerryRigEverything, it takes a lot of effort to scratch it.

(I also don't notice any scratches and I don't even have a case or something)
    08-20-18 04:59 PM
    They’re fronting the money for the devices first, so they go with best educated guess on best probability of profitability.
    08-20-18 06:03 PM
42 12