Hi,

Until recently, as soon as I locked my Key2, the screen went dark and nothing was displayed unless either I unlocked it or I received a call.

Now, though, once I've pressed the button to lock the screen and it goes dark, the screen then lights up a couple of times for a few seconds.

It's more a curiosity than a problem - is there an obvious reason why this happens?

Thanks
    04-20-20 02:32 AM
    Hi,

Until recently, as soon as I locked my Key2, the screen went dark and nothing was displayed unless either I unlocked it or I received a call.

Now, though, once I've pressed the button to lock the screen and it goes dark, the screen then lights up a couple of times for a few seconds.

It's more a curiosity than a problem - is there an obvious reason why this happens?

Thanks
    Does it still happen if you disable Ambient Display?
    Have you tried a 32 second reboot?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-20 05:56 PM
    Hi,

Thanks
    Mine does that when I have the double tap to wake. The screen will keep lighting up like a msg or something should be happening.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    04-20-20 07:11 PM
    Does it still happen if you disable Ambient Display?
    Have you tried a 32 second reboot?

Posted via CB10
    Hi - thanks for your reply.

Disabling the Ambient Display didn't do anything, but the 32-second reboot worked.

Thanks a lot - I feel remarkably satisifed that that's sorted, even though it wasn't really a problem!
    04-21-20 06:14 AM
    Hi - thanks for your reply.

Disabling the Ambient Display didn't do anything, but the 32-second reboot worked.

Thanks a lot - I feel remarkably satisifed that that's sorted, even though it wasn't really a problem!
    I spoke too soon...

It's still doing it.

The screen goes dark the moment I hit the side button. But after a few seconds, it illuminates again, for about 20 seconds. Then after another five seconds, it illuminates once again for about 20 seconds.
    04-21-20 07:13 AM
    I spoke too soon...

It's still doing it.

The screen goes dark the moment I hit the side button. But after a few seconds, it illuminates again, for about 20 seconds. Then after another five seconds, it illuminates once again for about 20 seconds.
    Try turning off double tap to check phone.

Settings-shortcuts and gestures

That was the only way I could stop it. At first I thought it was google or some app doing something in the background. Easy to try and can always turn it back on.

Just looked again and it was the one in Settings Display double tap anywhere to wake phone.
    04-21-20 07:47 AM
    Try turning off double tap to check phone.

Settings-shortcuts and gestures

That was the only way I could stop it. At first I thought it was google or some app doing something in the background. Easy to try and can always turn it back on.

Just looked again and it was the one in Settings Display double tap anywhere to wake phone.
    Hi - thanks for this. It seems to have done the job!

I don't ever recall ever having changed that setting - is it just a bug?

Thanks again.
    04-21-20 04:07 PM
    I don't have this issue, but could it be a case or screen protector making slight contact?
    04-21-20 04:42 PM