Are you still living without screenguard, if so any scratches or marks on the screen?
    See my earlier posts in this thread.
    12-31-18 11:47 AM
    See my earlier posts in this thread.
    Oh okay, sorry I usually don't remember people names! I think we have already spoken before. Thank you!
    12-31-18 11:49 AM
    Spend the extra money for 9H . Put it on well yourself. Total cost here is $10 USD and repair shops won’t accept responsibility for anything for $10 except selling a $2 charger. If you don’t like the feel, take it off and throw away. Why risk the money you paid for a phone over risking a fraction, $10, experimenting?
    12-31-18 12:43 PM
    I put a less expensive one on from amazon but it seemed to smudge really easily. Then went with a shieldz it is good. Cleans easily can't tell it on the phone.

Comes down personal preference I guess. Few bucks on a 800 dollar phone is worth the bit of protection you get.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    12-31-18 01:02 PM
    I put a less expensive one on from amazon but it seemed to smudge really easily. Then went with a shieldz it is good. Cleans easily can't tell it on the phone.

Comes down personal preference I guess. Few bucks on a 800 dollar phone is worth the bit of protection you get.

Reg
    Actually it's like a car: some drives like dumbheads, some take care of their vehicles way too seriously. But one thing is common - usually - noone likes to get his windshield mirror scratched. It just sucks, even if you have all four suspension dampers dead, or even if your car is after 10 years still like a new.
    12-31-18 07:33 PM
    Get a "Supershieldz" Screenguard. it works well, cheap compared to price of the phone and I have to say when using it I'm not aware of any difference in feel. It certainly is easy enough to remove if you hate it.

I read an article about Gorilla Glass and it mentioned part of the reason it is stronger is that is is softer which increases the likelihood of getting scratches.

..Tom
    12-31-18 08:06 PM
    Best Buy has the perfect solution for any smartphone screen. For $30.00 + HST in Ontario Canada, they will install a screen protector for any model of phone (they have a machine with screen templates for all phones). They thoroughly clean the screen, then apply the screen protector which you can barely see, takes about 15 minutes. I find that touching icons is even more precise. Best part is that if the screen protector bubbles, comes loose, scratches, whatever, Best Buy will replace the screen protector free of charge forever on that phone. Just keep the bill, bring in the phone with the damage showing, they will replace it.
    the brother likes this.
    01-01-19 05:28 AM
    I have a slim case on my Key² and have one cheap plastic screen protector that came with it. I keep the phone in my pocket and can't bare minute scratches that are still possible on current Gorilla glasses.
    01-01-19 06:10 AM
    Best Buy has the perfect solution for any smartphone screen. For $30.00 + HST in Ontario Canada, they will install a screen protector for any model of phone (they have a machine with screen templates for all phones). They thoroughly clean the screen, then apply the screen protector which you can barely see, takes about 15 minutes. I find that touching icons is even more precise. Best part is that if the screen protector bubbles, comes loose, scratches, whatever, Best Buy will replace the screen protector free of charge forever on that phone. Just keep the bill, bring in the phone with the damage showing, they will replace it.
    In France, Boulanger does the same for €30.

My boyfriend took this for protecting it's Galaxy A8, so far it does its job.

For my KEY 2, I took a tempered glass screen from Aliexpress for €2, nice touch feeling.

Gorilla glass won't prevent sand doing scratches over time.
    the brother likes this.
    01-01-19 10:14 AM
    babugaru? c'ant you spend 8 box to buy a screen protector?
    the brother likes this.
    01-01-19 11:16 AM
    Another reason I went the Best Buy route is that whenever I buy a screen protector either cheap of expensive that I have to install myself, I always mess it up, have to throw it out, very aggravating because it's like throwing money in the garbage. The Best Buy option is a no-brainer because they replace it free of charge. My screen is so sharp with this.
    01-01-19 11:19 AM
    babugaru? c'ant you spend 8 box to buy a screen protector?
    You didn't get point

Spending few bucks is not an issue

But I dont want to use the touch with screenguard as we will miss that original feel

After seeing all replies, I will buy a screenguard

And do we need to go to any Mobile service centre to fix the screenguard or can I do it on my own.
    01-01-19 11:21 AM
    FYI, Im in India and I can't buy it here in any local stores except from Amazon
    01-01-19 11:22 AM
    FYI, Im in India and I can't buy it here in any local stores except from Amazon
    I'm in Canada and it's same for us. Amazon or nothing pretty much.

Reg
    the brother likes this.
    01-01-19 01:49 PM
    I'm in Canada and it's same for us. Amazon or nothing pretty much.

Reg
    You might check with Blueshop for accessories, screen protectors, etc... they are in Quebec. That's where I purchased my OEM BlackBerry Soft Shell Case and had it shipped to the states. Amazon didn't carry it when I was looking a couple of months ago.

Bob
    the brother likes this.
    01-01-19 03:06 PM
    Did you get 128 gb dual sim model?
    01-01-19 04:51 PM
    Hi KK,

Could you tell us a bit about the Best Buy process? Last time I was there (mind you it was shortly after the release of the KEY2) they did not have the template in their system. Are you located in the GTA? What is their coverage? Does it go edge-to-edge? Does it stop below the camera, LED and prox sensor or does it go over or does it go around? If you can provide a picture I am really interested in this investment for full protection with warranty, else I will consider SuperShieldz. Thanks so much.
    01-02-19 06:14 PM
    Hi guys, it's me, the confident guy from comment #17 on this thread saying how my key2 is doing good without a screen protector. Well, it took under 48 hours for karma to get me for that careless comment ( https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tered-1161717/ )

I am a bit skeptical if any screen protector would actually prevent it. But lesson learned is never think it won't happen to you...
    the brother likes this.
    01-02-19 07:58 PM
    In my humble opinion, since the BlackBerry 9900 and Classic (no need for a protector), screen size is everything! Bigger the screen real estate, the more protection you need. I run an HD glass (Shieldz) I believe and touch sensitivity is as good as naked. It may not save my phone, as I carry it without a case, but the peace of mind is priceless. Your only consideration should be, does a $15 expenditure make sense to further protect a $928 investment.
    the brother likes this.
    01-02-19 09:26 PM
    Hey, the brother, I got the Best Buy protection about 2 months ago but my non Blackberry android phone is from mid 2017. I am in Barrie, Ontario. The install is so perfect you can't even tell in a picture. The template is perfect, it is about as edge to edge as it can be with just a little room in case they have to replace it, but the opening for the camera earpiece, home button, mic is exact. Just go into a Best Buy store to check it out
    the brother likes this.
    01-03-19 03:41 AM
    After seeing all the posts, I thought I should buy screenguard immediately and checked in many stores here but it was not available anywhere unfortunately.

I can't also order online as I'm currently out of city. I have to wait for few days.

Do we require support from any technician to install the screenguard or is this something that we can do it on our own. I did never do that before.
    01-03-19 08:46 AM
    I've found the "Supershieldz" pretty easy to put on. They have decent instructions and a video and include everything you need to install. I am on my third one (I am rough on everything) and they install with no bubbles. My only issue is that I generally am off very slightly on the Android Control icons and as a result might not get one side of the triangle on correctly. Minor issue.

..Tom
    KitJackson67 and the brother like this.
    01-03-19 08:52 AM
    I've found the "Supershieldz" pretty easy to put on. They have decent instructions and a video and include everything you need to install. I am on my third one (I am rough on everything) and they install with no bubbles. My only issue is that I generally am off very slightly on the Android Control icons and as a result might not get one side of the triangle on correctly. Minor issue.

..Tom
    I have been using the Supershieldz screen protector from day one on my KEY2 and I think it is a great screen protector. Installing it was fairly easy peasy and after a few minor tweaks adjusting it I have it aligned really well. Additionally, I don't notice any issue with regard to on screen sensitivity. I guess my one gripe is it does get smudgy from skin oil, etc.

For me personally I couldn't imagine not having a screen protector on my device along with a case... because we all know sh*t happens.

Bob
    01-03-19 08:59 AM
    Hi All,

I got the below options from Amazon.in, kindly suggest which one I should buy for best quality
    01-04-19 04:11 AM
    Sorry pls ignore last screenshot
    01-04-19 04:12 AM
72 123