I have noticed this since I got my first device on launch day, however it keeps bothering me and now I am wondering if other people are experiencing this:
    My screen "flickers" for a millisecond or so, not even close to an eyeblink, it doesn't happen always but most often when switching apps or loading a website / clicking a link within the browser. The screen dims a bit and goes back to normal within less than an eyeblink, at first I thought it might be caused by auto-brightness, but even when I disabled this the random flickering stays.

My first unit had the same behaviour as my new replacement model so I though this might be common, but now I am not so sure.
    07-16-18 03:05 PM
    Same here, it has something to with the sensor I think.

I noticed during different times of the day when the light conditions are right the flickering stops.

And you said it's still the same for the replacement model, did you get yours off amazon? Cause I did, and I'm wondering if I should get a replacement as well.
    07-16-18 04:56 PM
    Same here, it has something to with the sensor I think.

I noticed during different times of the day when the light conditions are right the flickering stops.

And you said it's still the same for the replacement model, did you get yours off amazon? Cause I did, and I'm wondering if I should get a replacement as well.
    I live in Germany and got mine from Saturn, I didn't let it replace due to the screen issue but rather issues related to keyboard and especially spacebar. That flickering was just some side effect I noticed on both devices and simply wondered if this is a common issue.
    07-16-18 05:08 PM
    I have noticed this since I got my first device on launch day, however it keeps bothering me and now I am wondering if other people are experiencing this:
    My screen "flickers" for a millisecond or so, not even close to an eyeblink, it doesn't happen always but most often when switching apps or loading a website / clicking a link within the browser. The screen dims a bit and goes back to normal within less than an eyeblink, at first I thought it might be caused by auto-brightness, but even when I disabled this the random flickering stays.

My first unit had the same behaviour as my new replacement model so I though this might be common, but now I am not so sure.
    do you believe it is your Power Center app? I know I noticed on my KEYone that I put chrome to be dimmer to save power and then noticed that my screen got darker (as it should) every time I went into chrome but forgot I had that setting on. lol

Maybe it kicks in automatically and then sees that it's regular settings and goes back?
    07-16-18 05:19 PM
    do you believe it is your Power Center app? I know I noticed on my KEYone that I put chrome to be dimmer to save power and then noticed that my screen got darker (as it should) every time I went into chrome but forgot I had that setting on. lol

Maybe it kicks in automatically and then sees that it's regular settings and goes back?

I disable power center and no effect. The only way it goes away if you keep brightness 20% or less
    07-16-18 05:51 PM
    I read somewhere that rolling back blackberry launcher update seems to fix the flickering issue..i think this issue is being investigated by LiamQ, one of BB developers (iinm)
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    07-16-18 07:39 PM
    Power Center had no effect for me either, hower thank you very much for the input.
    Also thanks Adi for pointing that out, we'll hopefully see an update in the future then.
    07-17-18 01:26 PM
    I had this issue on the moto g6. I did a factory reset and the issue subsided. I know it’s annoying but worth a shot if it’s not getting better.
    07-17-18 09:20 PM
    I had this issue on the moto g6. I did a factory reset and the issue subsided. I know it’s annoying but worth a shot if it’s not getting better.
    The first thing most people do would be a factory reset.

Factory reset did nothing, neither did uninstalling the latest BB Launcher update.
    07-18-18 05:01 PM
    The first thing most people do would be a factory reset.

Factory reset did nothing, neither did uninstalling the latest BB Launcher update.
    It’s usually the last unfortunately as most people are scared to reset the device. Especially since you should restore without a back up. That is troublesome for a lot people. Sorry you are having issues mate. I’ll report if I see anything on my key2.
    07-18-18 05:11 PM
    Turn off adaptive brightness and see if the flickering still happens.

By the way, I've had some slight flickering on all my KEYones. Not a big deal for me.
    07-18-18 05:13 PM
    FWIW, I thought I saw this mentioned in another thread and I think it was determined to be a Privacy Shade bug. might try disabling that and see if it goes away.
    bmhillegass87 likes this.
    07-18-18 05:19 PM
    Having the same issue. Hopefully it's fixable with software update.
    07-18-18 10:32 PM
    FWIW, I thought I saw this mentioned in another thread and I think it was determined to be a Privacy Shade bug. might try disabling that and see if it goes away.
    Thanks for the input, that actually sounded like a good and reasonable idea - unfortunatly it didn't work. Guess we'll have to wait for further updates.
    07-20-18 11:13 AM