Hi, I recently noticed that the screen on my Key2 kind of flickers. What I mean is, whenever the display tries to display a transparency effect in android, the screen dims down for a few miliseconds, then dims back up. Once you see it, you cannot unsee it.

Examples:
    - Pulling down notification bar on home screen
    -Accessing the recent apps tab
    - Even upon opening the sidebar in the Crackberry app, the issue appears.

It is really getting on my nerves. Is this a hardware problem or one of the many, many software bugs I experienced form day one with the Key2?

It seems to get better when autobrightness is under 43 percent, or night mode being enabled while using the phone in a darker enviroment.

Key2 (100-1) with ABI067, unlocked
    11-30-18 10:19 AM
    Is this a hardware problem or one of the many, many software bugs I experienced form day one with the Key2?
    If it improves or gets worse with autobrightness, it might be an issue with your ambiant light sensor. So hardware. You can try a factory reset and see if that helps but I suspect it might not.
    11-30-18 02:37 PM
    Did try a hard reset just now. It was alright for half an hour, after all BB-Apps were updated, the problem returned. I think this is, again, a software bug.
    11-30-18 05:03 PM
    Did try a hard reset just now. It was alright for half an hour, after all BB-Apps were updated, the problem returned. I think this is, again, a software bug.
    Disable auto brightness and see if it helps
    12-01-18 03:28 PM
    same here. for the last days the issue is getting more frustrating. people on forum claim it is software related

anyone knows if the recent update solved the problem? In central Europe we still have ab1067
    12-02-18 10:44 AM
    In advanced interactions, disable, "Hold to stay awake," and see if that helps. that is what caused a flicker on other devices.
    12-02-18 11:16 AM
    you mean one of the smart lock functions? if so, it's already disabled and didnt help
    12-03-18 04:21 AM
    The problem actually exists almost since release. It changed though, and got better or sometimes worse, depending on the software release. Some older topics which date back to end of June:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...oblem-1150211/
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13240038
    There have been a few thoughts which could cause the problem or at least effect it in a negative way. Privacy Shade and auto-brightness are two prime examples.

The last time I checked my Key2, the problem at least seemed to be much better compared to a few months ago. However I didn't spend enough time with it to really check it out. The flickering seems to be one of the many unpolished software issues BBRY Mobile is facing with Android Oreo.
    12-03-18 06:57 AM
    i am only wondering why it started now for my device while was no issue for past 4 months. i thought that it may have been app update since the last os update was done few weeks ago
    12-03-18 07:20 AM
    you mean one of the smart lock functions? if so, it's already disabled and didnt help
    No, it is not a smart lock function, at least on Marshmallow. It is in advance interactions. It is called, "Hold to stay awake." I do not know what it is called in the version of Android you have on the Key 2.
    12-03-18 11:36 AM
    My screen brightness flickers when I change apps or pull down notification tabs.
    It goes away when I turn on adaptive brightness.
    04-10-19 06:00 PM
    04-10-19 06:47 PM
    Hi there, after some time I have managed to find the solution. When I was casually looking at app list in settings, I foound system app called Content Adaptive Backlight Settings. Couple minutes of googling, and i found this tutorial, it solves our problem https://mobileinternist.com/disable-...htness-android
    03-03-20 12:56 PM
    seems the issue is still there !
    03-27-21 10:13 AM