I read a lot of complains about KEY2 screen and issues for reading it under the direct sunlight. Although I wanna see an high-end and OLED screen on the next iteration the one on the KEY2 is not that bad and comparing the max brightness of KEY2 and KEYone can be surprising.

You can see on the top the KEY2 and on the bottom the KEYone. Both max settings, no adaptive.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen brightness KEY2 vs KEYone-39484.jpg  
    07-19-18 02:18 PM
    Judging by your photos alone, the keyone screen is far better the icons are all still clear and the colors are all still vibrant, on the key2 everything is washed out.
    07-19-18 02:28 PM
    Judging by your photos alone, the keyone screen is far better the icons are all still clear and the colors are all still vibrant, on the key2 everything is washed out.
    That's the Motion camera fault lol... brightness is higher on the KEY2 and considering that the panels used in the phones are exactly the same.. The icons cannot be "more washed out" ..

The brightness is probably controlled by the OS and from what I can see from my personal experience the one on the KEY IS brighter
    07-19-18 03:04 PM
    The washed out look on the KEY² is due to the photo. Overall both screens are pretty much the same imo. If there is a difference, you won't be able to see a difference unless you line the two phones next to eachother.
    07-19-18 03:06 PM
    OK I was making my judgement on the two photos posted, it kind of makes it pointless as a comparison if the photos posted are wrong? Looking at both pictures the key2 looks awful no colour and the icons are washed out but obviously it's impossible to tell on the posted pictures.
    07-19-18 03:09 PM
    I read a lot of complains about KEY2 screen and issues for reading it under the direct sunlight. Although I wanna see an high-end and OLED screen on the next iteration the one on the KEY2 is not that bad and comparing the max brightness of KEY2 and KEYone can be surprising.

You can see on the top the KEY2 and on the bottom the KEYone. Both max settings, no adaptive.
    Key2 is HORRIBLE under Direct sun light..keyone is much better
    07-19-18 03:19 PM
    The washed out look on the KEY² is due to the photo. Overall both screens are pretty much the same imo. If there is a difference, you won't be able to see a difference unless you line the two phones next to eachother.
    They are not the same under sunlight.you cant see **** on the key2
    With adaptive brightness ON my screen looks fine in bright direct sunlight. Not as bright as flagship screens but still view able. The only issue with the LCD panel is if you're wearing sunglasses you pretty much can't see a thing in Landscape mode.
    When I compare the KeyOne and Key2 side by side, I don't perceive a difference in brightness, but there is a VERY noticeable difference in the color calibration. The KeyOne screen is significantly whiter than the Key2 screen, which has a greenish/yellowish tint. The is easiest to see when comparing Hub screens.
    07-19-18 03:33 PM
    When I compare the KeyOne and Key2 side by side, I don't perceive a difference in brightness, but there is a VERY noticeable difference in the color calibration. The KeyOne screen is significantly whiter than the Key2 screen, which has a greenish/yellowish tint. The is easiest to see when comparing Hub screens.
    Talking about comparing the white hub see below: on the right the KEY2
    Attached Thumbnails Screen brightness KEY2 vs KEYone-39486.jpg  
    07-19-18 04:14 PM
    Talking about comparing the white hub see below: on the right the KEY2
    That is exactly what I see (assuming your photo is upside down). Is this a hardware or software problem? Can it be fixed? It is the ONLY think about the Key2 that really bothers me (vs. KeyOne).
    07-19-18 04:19 PM
    I'm not getting the same results for my Key2 The KEYone seems brighter

Am I missing some sort of special setting?
    08-06-18 05:42 AM
    So... Any consensus reached?

Is it brighter or dimmer?
    08-15-18 07:17 AM
    So... Any consensus reached?

Is it brighter or dimmer?
    Same panel, it gets brightest when outside with auto brightness ON
    08-15-18 07:19 AM
    Same panel, it gets brightest when outside with auto brightness ON
    And the attached pictures? Trolling or defect panel?
    08-15-18 07:22 AM
    And the attached pictures? Trolling or defect panel?
    Probably defective panel since the colors are way off.

I'm typing this on my KEY2 and the display looks exactly the same as my K1 BE.

Nicely calibrated, not better nor worse.
    Dino84 likes this.
    08-15-18 07:40 AM
    I don't have key² but I can say adaptive brightness in KEYᴼᴺᴱ is crippling!! I have had it shut off since day one...
    08-15-18 12:34 PM
    I don't have key² but I can say adaptive brightness in KEYᴼᴺᴱ is crippling!! I have had it shut off since day one...
    I find the adaptive brightness decent, especially when outside because it has a noticeably higher max output than the manual mode. Which is odd, but still.
    08-15-18 12:39 PM
    I think the adaptive brightness function is much better on the KEY2

Anyone else agree?
    08-15-18 01:15 PM
    Probably defective panel since the colors are way off.

I'm typing this on my KEY2 and the display looks exactly the same as my K1 BE.

Nicely calibrated, not better nor worse.
    My Key2 is clearly not as bright as my KeyOne. Should I ask for a replacement?
    08-15-18 04:34 PM

Terrible photo, what a ****ty device you used to take this picture?
    08-15-18 04:45 PM
    My Key2 is clearly not as bright as my KeyOne. Should I ask for a replacement?
    Did you try turning on adaptive brightness and setting the brightness slider all the way up ?

That way it should be good enough for outdoor viewing. If that is the case, I wouldn't bother with a return.

Apparently, Oreo has dimmed the display a tad bit.
    08-16-18 03:25 AM