Mmm... I wonder why the 99.7% of people aren't getting a bb phone, since apparently those things aren't important...
    If you think just a little bit, maybe you will realize that 99.7% aren't getting a bb phone, because of lack of marketing, the misconception that it's outdated,don't know that it runs android, or that it still exists. The whole point of marketing and the reviews are to try to get people to undertand that blackberry does exist and how far it's come, and what it now offers. There was a reason why blackberry was the no1 phone prior to the iphone 2. People wanted an app store that worked and a screen that was good enough for viewing content, with a decent camera. Blackberry was slow to catch up while the younger generation came along. If they could use the give the blackberry a try for a few weeks, blackberry would be back on top. Even flossy said there is nothing like the feeling of holding a blackberry, it's a device that grows on you, a device that you want to keep clean and look after. Once you get used to that feel of the keyboard ontop of the android experience , nothing beats it. My pixel xl 2 for example, i regret purchasing it. I feel no love or attachment for it. It's just a larger media viewer to me. Even the s9, the software and feel of the hardware just doesnt compare.
    06-30-18 03:00 AM
    Yes turn it on, you will see the jump in brightness i also read somewhere that it's a software thing, that learns to adjust to brightness conditions over time. It's advised to keep it on auto and leave it on especially outside, and over time it stays mucb brighter than manual.
    Wow, I just tried the adaptive brightness on the key1

It is way brighter outdoors

The one negative impact is with my flip case with the window, I can't view the info on the window, it's always too dim.

They need to change the algorithm for when the case is closed, to turn the brightness up in the information window.

Basically I use that info for the time.
    06-30-18 03:55 PM
    Wow, I just tried the adaptive brightness on the key1

It is way brighter outdoors

The one negative impact is with my flip case with the window, I can't view the info on the window, it's always too dim.

They need to change the algorithm for when the case is closed, to turn the brightness up in the information window.

Basically I use that info for the time.
    The info about the adaptive brightness should be a tooltip when setting up the device.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 04:22 PM
    Is this some joke?? The screen is turned off..
    The KEY2 doesn't have the brightest display in the world (though adaptive helps in sunlight) but this guy is such a tool lmao.
    07-01-18 07:34 AM
    Is this some joke?? The screen is turned off.. I'm going to grill that guy. In reality you can see your phone under sunlight clearly. If it's ultra bright sun, it's advised to keep settinf on adaptive brightness turned on. This mode unlocks the brightness setting to full potentional when under the sun. Alot of people have manual turned on and even on max it doesn't get brighter than the auto setting. Either way the worst that can happen is probably 70% visibility under the sun. In that case turn away from the sun or a slight hand over the phone if reading or viewing video. But in my 1 year of having the keyone, rarely have i been that bothered by the screen.
    If you look closely you can see the shutter release button of the camera on the right. Probably didn't turn on adaptive brightness.

I don't know what he means by viewfinder. The live view in the camera app?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-18 07:40 AM
    If you look closely you can see the shutter release button of the camera on the right. Probably didn't turn on adaptive brightness.

I don't know what he means by viewfinder. The live view in the camera app?

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't matter, I mean if the reviewer isn't capable of either turning on adaptive brightness or manually swipe down the notification tray and raise the brightness to a satisfactory level for sunlight, then he probably isn't well placed to review smartphones
    07-01-18 10:06 AM
31 12