Dear Crackberry community,

Missing the Physical Keyboard, but being a broke College student, I ordered a Key2 BBF100-6 on Ebay.

It arrived today. and I noticed a few strange things, which lead me to believe that it as stolen device.

- The IMEI number on the Sim tray is erased out
    - The SIM tray is a single SIM tray - and not a double tray as expected for a dual sim model
    - On the baclk. there is clearly a BFF100-1 model branding
    - The qwertz physical keayboard is viewed in software as a qwerty

In the software, it says that it's a BBF100-6, giving me 2 IMEI numbers (Which I checked, match up for the Blackberry B-athena, and don't come back as stolen)

I already filed an Ebay complaint, and hope to get my Money back. I was wondering if you guys heard about something similar - and if you have any advice on what to do.

Cheers,
    J.
    01-30-19 10:14 AM
    Most likely either didn't know the model or sent the wrong one. I bought mine over eBay as well. I don't think a seller with good rating would go around selling / shipping a wrong one. Instead of filing complaint, you could have just pinged him directly that you received the wrong model.
    That works for me every time.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    01-30-19 04:27 PM
    Well, that's the odd thing.
    In the phone's software, it acts like any regular BBF100-6 : Dual EMEI, 128go of storage, ECT...
    But the hardware just doesn't add up to the software. Could one have installed a BBF100-6 motherboard in a BBF100-1 chassis?
    01-30-19 05:04 PM
    Yup, fully agree! No need to go nuclear from the onset! Contact buyer, if he/she balks, nuke'm, but you may find that he/she would be responsive to making it right 99% of the time!
    01-30-19 07:53 PM
    On the rare occasion I have ever had an issue getting an item I have purchased that wasn't as advertised the seller has always made it right without ever having to go to Ebay with a complaint. Reputable sellers don't want to risk their reputation. In the event you are unable to remedy the issue with the seller your next option is to file a dispute with Ebay. Ebay will always protect and stand by the buyer. I have friends that have Ebay stores and even if the buyer is totally 100% wrong Ebay will put the pressure on the seller to make things right or run the risk of having their seller rating affected or be suspended or bounced from selling on Ebay.

Bob
    Crusader03 likes this.
    01-30-19 08:12 PM
    Having sold tons of stuff on ebay I agree with everyone else. They probably just made a mistake and would be more than happy to make it right if you just contact them. A little consideration on your end for being human goes a long way in getting stuff resolved.
    Bob80220 and Crusader03 like this.
    01-30-19 08:32 PM
    They probably just made a mistake and would be more than happy to make it right if you just contact them. A little consideration on your end for being human goes a long way in getting stuff resolved.
    Agreed!!!

Bob
    Summer_Moon and Crusader03 like this.
    01-30-19 08:38 PM