...when even Mr Mobile seems to have abandoned his KEY2's.

No "honorable mention" of them, no appearance anywhere among the other gadgets, or even in the thumbnail.

11-28-19 10:03 AM

No "honorable mention" of them, no appearance anywhere among the other gadgets, or even in the thumbnail.

Probably have to pay your advertising invoices to get mentioned and well...

Unfortunately relevant and new is the name of the game. I’d expect TCL found in the bag though
    RK_BB likes this.
    11-28-19 10:29 AM

Like so many here unfortunately... 😰

Bob
    11-28-19 12:17 PM
    Like so many here unfortunately... ������

Bob
    I wasn’t even able to get the Key2 but I do commiserate. I’m still carrying both my KEYone as WiFi only hardware. I’d give anything for current updated AT&T WFC supported BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile device.
    11-28-19 01:25 PM
    I wasn’t even able to get the Key2 but I do commiserate. I’m still carrying both my KEYone as WiFi only hardware. I’d give anything for current updated AT&T WFC supported BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile device.
    I'd sell the AT&T KEYone and use that money towards an LE.

Why have two of the same device in the same color?
    11-28-19 02:00 PM
    Frankly, it would be hard to recommend a device for 2020 whose paches end mid-year. The exception being whether a physical keyboard is of utmost importance.
    11-28-19 02:26 PM
    Frankly, it would be hard to recommend a device for 2020 whose paches end mid-year. The exception being whether a physical keyboard is of utmost importance.
    Man, how times have changed, never thought I'd see you write that!
    11-28-19 02:44 PM
    Man, how times have changed, never thought I'd see you write that!
    Of course I would argue that a physical keyboard IS of utmost importance.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-28-19 02:55 PM

I have no doubt he has his KEY2. Have met Michael Fisher on a few occasions and loves his KEY2. Obviously he is not going to picture it everywhere ...he is a YT reviewer.
    11-28-19 03:32 PM
    I'd sell the AT&T KEYone and use that money towards an LE.

Why have two of the same device in the same color?
    It’s not the money that stops me. Although I’ve always been a value shopper, I’ve literally got approximately 24 +/- different BB and BBMo hardware plus 3-4 windows era phones running BIS or BES through AT&T offerings back then.

The Key2 LE is no real improvement over KEYone BE that I last bought. The Key2 would be nothing than a WiFi only device in my pocket. This is usually the point I would buy a Key2 or Key2 LE at 1/2 price but that’s not going to happen with the tight inventory controls.

My XR is doing the job of two while I decide if and when some other Android hardware is calling me. I enjoy the PKB yet I’ve had to dual carry Android/iOS
    VKB for over 10 years so it’s no big deal.
    11-28-19 03:46 PM
    It’s not the money that stops me. Although I’ve always been a value shopper, I’ve literally got approximately 24 +/- different BB and BBMo hardware plus 3-4 windows era phones running BIS or BES through AT&T offerings back then.

The Key2 LE is no real improvement over KEYone BE that I last bought. The Key2 would be nothing than a WiFi only device in my pocket. This is usually the point I would buy a Key2 or Key2 LE at 1/2 price but that’s not going to happen with the tight inventory controls.

My XR is doing the job of two while I decide if and when some other Android hardware is calling me. I enjoy the PKB yet I’ve had to dual carry Android/iOS
    VKB for over 10 years so it’s no big deal.
    A single LE would prove to be more useful than all those old BBOS/BB10 devices you have laying around.

The money you would sell them and your KEYone should be enough to fund an LE lol.

Maybe it's just me but if I'm gonna collect phones, they have to be devices that I could see myself putting my SIM inside if I felt like changing up
    11-28-19 04:02 PM
    I have no doubt he has his KEY2. Have met Michael Fisher on a few occasions and loves his KEY2. Obviously he is not going to picture it everywhere ...he is a YT reviewer.
    Right so that's why I was surprised that it didn't appear in a single frame of that video, even if he didn't talk about it.
    11-28-19 04:03 PM
    I've been experiencing bitter emotions off and on since finding out that my work is enforcing a minimum requirement of Android 9 on all devices as of May 1, 2020.

I have absolutely loved BBMo's lineup because they all offered me the dual SIM option. Even if I were to go back to dual carrying a KEY device for personal use and an Android 9 for work, my primary use for the pkb was work emails so I'd still be out of luck.

It really stinks that the only options left for me for using a pkb device at work are:

a) Use the Titan when (if???) it ever ships: yeah no... that purchase was done out of curiosity and for beach/pool use only!

b) I look for a new job at a different company that doesn't have the Android 9 requirement: also yeah no. I love BlackBerry, but not at the risk of feeding my family!

So yah, barring a miracle, you can expect a lot of whining and crying from me over the next five months! Bah humbug!!!
    11-28-19 04:23 PM
    Have been running Patch free my PRIV since last patch update Oct 2017. Issues = 0 and yes software updates all the time from Google playstore. And before you say it...you've lucky...etc..etc.. Not luck.
    So yes if you get a KEY2 today you are fully covered for years to come.
    Ps responded this using my PRIV! Which I use daily!
    the_boon and PantherBlitz like this.
    11-28-19 04:39 PM
    I've been experiencing bitter emotions off and on since finding out that my work is enforcing a minimum requirement of Android 9 on all devices as of May 1, 2020.

I have absolutely loved BBMo's lineup because they all offered me the dual SIM option. Even if I were to go back to dual carrying a KEY device for personal use and an Android 9 for work, my primary use for the pkb was work emails so I'd still be out of luck.

It really stinks that the only options left for me for using a pkb device at work are:

a) Use the Titan when (if???) it ever ships: yeah no... that purchase was done out of curiosity and for beach/pool use only!

b) I look for a new job at a different company that doesn't have the Android 9 requirement: also yeah no. I love BlackBerry, but not at the risk of feeding my family!

So yah, barring a miracle, you can expect a lot of whining and crying from me over the next five months! Bah humbug!!!
    I still can't believe that any company would already phase out Oreo by 2020.

Is it because Google will stop sending update patches for it by then?
    11-28-19 04:40 PM
    Have been running Patch free my PRIV since last patch update Oct 2017. Issues = 0 and yes software updates all the time from Google playstore. And before you say it...you've lucky...etc..etc.. Not luck.
    One is always ok until they aren't.

It's also one thing to use a phone, and another thing to professionally recommend a phone.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-28-19 04:41 PM
    I still can't believe that any company would already phase out Oreo by 2020.

Is it because Google will stop sending update patches for it by then?
    Oreo runs out of updates in Sep/Oct 2020. So, yes.
    11-28-19 04:41 PM
    A single LE would prove to be more useful than all those old BBOS/BB10 devices you have laying around.

The money you would sell them and your KEYone should be enough to fund an LE lol.

Maybe it's just me but if I'm gonna collect phones, they have to be devices that I could see myself putting my SIM inside if I felt like changing up
    I’ve been reimbursed by client vendors as expense to keep hardware and software for all my electronics or to certify destruction. It would cost me extra and more than proceeds than putting into a large box in storage in garage area. I believe it’s part of REG SP and HIPAA that all this falls under.

For me, again it’s not the cash amount, it’s just that what does an LE do for me since there’s isn’t WFC anyway? I need to make phone calls and my KEYones were dropping calls. The femto minitower only supports 4G HSPA which in 2010 was OK but in 2020 isn’t acceptable. The Key2 is obsolete for me due to AT&T, my carrier.
    11-28-19 05:00 PM
    I don't get it? Mr.Mobile is no longer promoting a phone that is not being manufactured any longer and appears there is no future to the Brand as well. I'd say that is pretty good sense on his part!
    11-28-19 07:07 PM
    I don't get it? Mr.Mobile is no longer promoting a phone that is not being manufactured any longer and appears there is no future to the Brand as well. I'd say that is pretty good sense on his part!
    He clearly says in the video "this is tech that I use regularly, this video has no sponsors"

So, if he still enjoys using his KEY2, why no mention of it?
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-28-19 07:21 PM
    He clearly says in the video "this is tech that I use regularly, this video has no sponsors"

Ultimately what difference would it make?
    John Albert likes this.
    11-28-19 07:24 PM
    Ultimately what difference would it make?
    Never mind
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-28-19 07:27 PM

Maybe he doesn’t enjoy without Pie or something else.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    11-28-19 07:36 PM
    Years is a stretch if you’re needing later OS than Oreo to meet security requirements of employer or contractor requirements as @danfrancisco is going through as earlier mentioned in thread. Enterprise requirements with Android/iOS BYOD usage seems to be evolving further.
    11-28-19 07:39 PM
    Maybe he doesn’t enjoy without Pie or something else.
    I was just reading Car and Driver and there was an article in there about the new 2020 vehicles out there. Some neat stuff but the writer forgot to mention the 1962 Studebaker.
    ;-).
    11-28-19 09:01 PM
32 12