Was thinking the same. I thought my 8 hours was great, but a few earlier posters are claiming to get between 12-15 hours. Want to see a screenshot of that!
    If you can wait another year, sure. Foreign charges are very high so I run without antenna during vacation (WiFi is unsafe). It's basically a movie and mp3 player for me at that point, though I write code or ideas on it as well.
    08-23-18 02:08 AM
    They say crap about that. Just like the screen quality on the Key2.
    08-23-18 05:28 AM
    What do you make of the gsmarena key2 battery rating?
    If you're talking about this, I'm assuming it's pretty accurate.

https://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_ke...iew-1788p3.php

If the phone isnt using wifi, cell data and other services, totally possible to get those numbers by only testing one area at a time. Real world use, I'll stick with my original thoughts that I find it hard to believe that anyone is getting 12-15 hours of SoT when using the Key2 as a normal daily driver.
    08-23-18 05:40 AM
    His Dad's P20 told him so, that's why. LMAO
    What does my Dad's P20 have to do with this? There are tons of smartphones out there. Even though, I love PKB's I'm still going to consider & compare with the rest of the choices. Just like literally almost every smartphone user on the planet. Clearly, the whole market has decided that there are many things more important than a PKB. So why should have so many compromises because of a PKB on the Key2.
    08-23-18 05:43 AM
    Every android device will run better with a daily reset.
    Not really an answer to the question.
    08-23-18 06:52 AM
    What does my Dad's P20 have to do with this? There are tons of smartphones out there. Even though, I love PKB's I'm still going to consider & compare with the rest of the choices. Just like literally almost every smartphone user on the planet. Clearly, the whole market has decided that there are many things more important than a PKB. So why should have so many compromises because of a PKB on the Key2.
    Nothing you have said here is a revelation. BlackBerry devices have always cost more than the competition. So by that logic, there hasn't been a reason to buy one at full price for 10+ years.

Trying to compare the Key2 to any flagship level device on a 'spec per dollar' basis, therefore, is nothing but pure idiocy. We BlackBerry customers - those of us who have grown up and know who we are, know what we are buying - are willing to pay more for what we like. We don't think we got ripped off because of what our Dad is using.

In my case, I'll pay even more for those flagship specs on a BlackBerry. Problem is, right now TCL isn't offering that as a choice. That's OK. For now, I choose to stay with the brand because I support the direction it is headed.

I can also appreciate what TCL has done by improving certain aspects of the Key2 over the KeyONE. Even though I knew when I bought it, like anyone here should have, that it has the same screen as the KeyONE, and has a slightly better mid-range chipset. There is room for improvement, yes...but there are still a lot of features of the phone that hit the mark for a premium device. We need to face reality though - and this should have been obvious before you even bought it - if you want the best screen or the best camera, and none of what BlackBerry has done in terms of security and software adds any value to the experience for you - the Key2 was never going to be the device for you.

I'm sorry to say that people who complain about their uninformed buying decisions here on CB are really just using this site as a sounding board for their own ignorance...
    the_boon and mralgi like this.
    08-23-18 07:34 AM
    Mine works flawless
    08-23-18 07:45 AM
    What rubbish have you written here?

1. I'm sure he put it to full brightness. The screen is crap , just because we can see writing on it while inside doesn't make it anywhere near a quality screen. Try looking at the screen outdoors in bright sunlight. You can't see a thing. I guess this "tool" isn't so productive when going outside for some sun or a walk.
    Are you using adaptive brightness? I use my Priv, which many say has a dim screen, in very bright conditions, on the deck of a ship in the Caribbean, or at or near the Equator, with no issues. If you have the screen turned to brightest setting, and then turn on adaptive brightness, the screen will actually be brighter in the Sun, than if you simply had the screen set to its brightest setting.
    08-23-18 01:16 PM
    It would be interesting to see two versions of the same phone. The average spec "flagship" as KEY2 and a more expensive one with a great camera and processors to match. I agree the phone, sadly, is quite mediocre. ironically it's perfect for the tiny pictures for social media but terrible for the things a professional who uses a single phone might want for family photos. The pixelation with enlargement is awful. Had all the BlackBerry phones for the past decade plus. No getting around this. Two year old iPhones are frankly much better. I think TCL would have to upgrade the processor as well as the camera due to SOC architecture and that is likely the sticking point.
    08-23-18 06:08 PM
    Clarification, the cameras is really mediocre. Phone overall I'm enjoying quite a bit as my daily driver. Vast improvement (aside from the camera) compared with KEY1 original and Black Edition.
    08-23-18 06:10 PM
    Your body needs to reset itself every day to operate at its best so why do you think a phone does not have to do the same with all the crap it goes through everyday
    08-24-18 08:50 AM
    Your body needs to reset itself every day to operate at its best so why do you think a phone does not have to do the same with all the crap it goes through everyday
    sad...but time to go-really.jpg
    HaRdKoR_CdN likes this.
    08-24-18 09:04 AM
    I'm trying to figure out why my Key2 would need a reboot every day. It's been on for about a month with no issues whatsoever.
    08-24-18 10:04 AM
    Dafuq?
    mralgi and HaRdKoR_CdN like this.
    08-24-18 10:05 AM
    I've owned the Key for over 2 months and I will defend it to anyone who says it's not comparable to some of the flagships. But for me the journey is ending just because I can't rely on it. It's been one of the most interesting phones I've ever owned with shortcuts and gimmicks like no other phone. But, for me, the truth is, it just keeps letting me down. The Bluetooth keeps dropping from my car, I'm restarting it every day to re-establish the connection. The camera keeps making me have to work had to get decent shots and that is now proving too much work to put up with daily. I love taking pictures. The fingerprint sensor keeps failing, regularly and I've updated the phone so it's not down to software. This phone is really close to what I've always wanted but not quite there. I had to make a choice between selling my Pixel XL 2 to pay for this or selling this and returning to my Pixel. Choice made. I'm still a fan and can't wait to see the changes on the Key3, I've genuinely enjoyed owing this phone and being part of the blackberry community. Something I will continue I'm sure. But for now, I'm bowing out and will go back to glass. Tell you what though, I'm so much better at typing on glass than I was before. Cheers Key2. You were close to being brilliant.
    I loved the K2 and never had any problems. I just don't have T-Mobile or AT&T coverage. I am now on an LG V35 ThinQ off of Project fi.

The Kicker: I have Hub, Calendar, Launcher, Password Keeper, etc all on the phone - It feels like a Z30 on steroids! Remember Cobalt has BlackBerry Manager available to add so you can use the awesome BlackBerry keyboard. Cheers. Alas, I do miss the PKB.
    08-24-18 10:05 AM
    You know what they say about too many 'eye orgasms' and going blind. Lol.
    LOL! I'm "reading between the lines on this quote".
    08-25-18 08:36 AM
    The Crackberry app looks even better on my Note 9. Crystal sharp and so bright. Feels like.......humm....feels....better not. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    08-25-18 08:41 AM
92 ... 234