I've owned the Key for over 2 months and I will defend it to anyone who says it's not comparable to some of the flagships. But for me the journey is ending just because I can't rely on it. It's been one of the most interesting phones I've ever owned with shortcuts and gimmicks like no other phone. But, for me, the truth is, it just keeps letting me down. The Bluetooth keeps dropping from my car, I'm restarting it every day to re-establish the connection. The camera keeps making me have to work had to get decent shots and that is now proving too much work to put up with daily. I love taking pictures. The fingerprint sensor keeps failing, regularly and I've updated the phone so it's not down to software. This phone is really close to what I've always wanted but not quite there. I had to make a choice between selling my Pixel XL 2 to pay for this or selling this and returning to my Pixel. Choice made. I'm still a fan and can't wait to see the changes on the Key3, I've genuinely enjoyed owing this phone and being part of the blackberry community. Something I will continue I'm sure. But for now, I'm bowing out and will go back to glass. Tell you what though, I'm so much better at typing on glass than I was before. Cheers Key2. You were close to being brilliant.
    Stasjuk and chain13 like this.
    08-21-18 05:01 PM
    Good luck personally I am still. Rocking mine with no issues just a daily reset keeps it running strong.
    08-21-18 05:04 PM
    Good luck personally I am still. Rocking mine with no issues just a daily reset keeps it running strong.
    Do you find that acceptable that you have to reseting a phone everyday to keep it running strong?
    branflakes and markf4130 like this.
    08-21-18 05:10 PM
    Do you find that acceptable that you have to reseting a phone everyday to keep it running strong?
    You don't have to do that with Oreo. I haven't touched my cache in 5 weeks now.
    08-21-18 05:12 PM
    Why do you reset your phones?
    08-21-18 05:13 PM
    I've owned the Key for over 2 months and I will defend it to anyone who says it's not comparable to some of the flagships. But for me the journey is ending just because I can't rely on it. It's been one of the most interesting phones I've ever owned with shortcuts and gimmicks like no other phone. But, for me, the truth is, it just keeps letting me down. The Bluetooth keeps dropping from my car, I'm restarting it every day to re-establish the connection. The camera keeps making me have to work had to get decent shots and that is now proving too much work to put up with daily. I love taking pictures. The fingerprint sensor keeps failing, regularly and I've updated the phone so it's not down to software. This phone is really close to what I've always wanted but not quite there. I had to make a choice between selling my Pixel XL 2 to pay for this or selling this and returning to my Pixel. Choice made. I'm still a fan and can't wait to see the changes on the Key3, I've genuinely enjoyed owing this phone and being part of the blackberry community. Something I will continue I'm sure. But for now, I'm bowing out and will go back to glass. Tell you what though, I'm so much better at typing on glass than I was before. Cheers Key2. You were close to being brilliant.
    Were you on Oreo?
    08-21-18 05:13 PM
    Me neither..and it's always buttery smooth with 7-9 hours of screen on time.
    08-21-18 05:14 PM
    Me neither..and it's always buttery smooth with 7-9 hours of screen on time.
    Same, I haven't restarted in almost 2 weeks now. Haven't had many issues at all. Although the one thing I really miss and really wish they would have included is OIS. I think that would have helped tremendously with the camera.
    08-21-18 05:19 PM
    I'm running Oreo yes and I also have had to reset regularly. don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of this phone but you have to understand that I had to sell one to pay for the other. the pixel works flawlessly and as you can imagine, the camera is brilliant. I felt I could overlook a lot of this because I liked the K2 so much but I just can't. I'm on contract til April 2020 and I need one of these phones to last til then. I don't believe the K2 will make it that far without me harming it through frustration. but.....I do believe they are close to making the most interesting phone out there and I can't wait to see what comes next.
    08-21-18 05:21 PM
    I have an att keyone, how do i get Oreo on it?
    08-21-18 05:21 PM
    by the way, if any uk bb fans are interested, I'm selling my 64gb Key2 in black lol. with case.
    goodayeh likes this.
    08-21-18 05:22 PM
    I'm running Oreo yes and I also have had to reset regularly. don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of this phone but you have to understand that I had to sell one to pay for the other. the pixel works flawlessly and as you can imagine, the camera is brilliant. I felt I could overlook a lot of this because I liked the K2 so much but I just can't. I'm on contract til April 2020 and I need one of these phones to last til then. I don't believe the K2 will make it that far without me harming it through frustration. but.....I do believe they are close to making the most interesting phone out there and I can't wait to see what comes next.
    Totally understandable! Enjoy the Pixel and take some amazing photos with it to make up for the less than amazing ones I'm getting on my Key2 :P
    08-21-18 05:23 PM
    I have an att keyone, how do i get Oreo on it?
    AT&T has had it available for almost a week.
    08-21-18 05:26 PM
    AT&T has had it available for almost a week.
    That’s funny, i just got this phone yesterday and kept requesting for updates and said it was up to date. Also did it a few minutes ago. Tried again and now I’m getting it
    08-21-18 05:32 PM
    That’s funny, i just got this phone yesterday and kept requesting for updates and said it was up to date. Also did it a few minutes ago. Tried again and now I’m getting it https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5fafef467a.jpg
    The update is available when it chooses to be available. 🙂
    08-21-18 06:04 PM
    Every android device will run better with a daily reset.
    JOHNGAETANO and PHughes like this.
    08-21-18 06:11 PM
    I am a heavy user and if I don't some features tend to stop working such as sounds and vibration. The phone tends to run better and it automatically resets at 2am every morning.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-21-18 06:14 PM
    I am a heavy user and if I don't some features tend to stop working such as sounds and vibration. The phone tends to run better and it automatically resets at 2am every morning.
    On Oreo? Never had to reboot due to functional issues in 5 weeks either.
    08-21-18 06:16 PM
    On Oreo? Never had to reboot due to functional issues in 5 weeks either.
    I had to reboot again today loss vibration on the device
    08-21-18 06:18 PM
    I had to reboot again today loss vibration on the device
    On Oreo?
    08-21-18 06:18 PM
    On Oreo?
    Yes! I also have the note 8 and never have the issue. Sometimes apps can cause features to stop but not wasting my time looking for the app easier to reboot. Iphones need to be reset which is an option in settings which fixes most issues.
    08-21-18 06:22 PM
    Yes! I also have the note 8 and never have the issue. Sometimes apps can cause features to stop but not wasting my time looking for the app easier to reboot. Iphones need to be reset which is an option in settings which fixes most issues.
    Weird.
    08-21-18 06:25 PM
    I thought OP was referring to key2.

Posted via CB10
    tazcubed likes this.
    08-21-18 06:25 PM
    I thought OP was referring to key2.

Posted via CB10
    I am talking about the Key2 yes but the other poster is correct; for me at least I've never had to reboot the Pixel. I'm now running pie on that and it's just smooth and everything works nice. Although 1 hour now on the pixel and I'm already missing the keyboard. Lol. I had to make a choice at some point.
    08-21-18 06:31 PM
    i sold mine only because the camera is terrible. everything else about the phone was great. the camera is important to me. maybe next year
    08-21-18 06:42 PM
92 123 ...