02-17-19 07:40 AM
89 ... 234
tools
    This thread from Summer_Moon helped. I'm on Tmobile with a Silver Key2 and I have wifi calling working. I does involve a bit of work, but it's not bad. Please read any disclaimers though!!

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13347485
    02-13-19 04:41 PM
    At least it is cheaper to switch to a Rogers SIM, than to buy a new phone in order to get WiFi calling, if you need it.
    I believe you need a rogers sim+ rogers K2
    02-13-19 08:23 PM
    I believe you need a rogers sim+ rogers K2
    Correct! Unfortunately for those of us with factory units!
    02-14-19 11:16 AM
    Correct! Unfortunately for those of us with factory units!
    With Rogers supporting WFC on Rogers branded hardware and updates rolling out PRD style with carrier updates pretty close to same as factory unlocked, does it become worth it to buy carrier locked, at least on Rogers next time or still no?
    02-14-19 09:22 PM
    With Rogers supporting WFC on Rogers branded hardware and updates rolling out PRD style with carrier updates pretty close to same as factory unlocked, does it become worth it to buy carrier locked, at least on Rogers next time or still no?
    I believe the hey days of factory unlocked added benefits are officially over Chuck.
    Just bought the SE which was not offered by any Canadian Carrier's as I don't like the VaderBerry's. But that will change next time, if there is a next time!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 02-14-19 at 11:57 PM.
    02-14-19 11:46 PM
    I believe the hey days of factory unlocked added benefits are officially over Chuck.
    Just bought the SE which was not offered by any Canadian Carrier's as I don't like the VaderBerry's. But that will change next time, if there is a next time!
    Of course there’s a next time as this problem affects the different OEMs especially the ones that only sell direct instead of through carriers.

Plus I am in similar position with an unsupported AT&T KEYone. Next time already happened for me as I dual carry an XR instead of Key2 or LE and I wonder if AT&T will ever have a followup....
    02-15-19 07:52 AM
    Of course there’s a next time as this problem affects the different OEMs especially the ones that only sell direct instead of through carriers.

Plus I am in similar position with an unsupported AT&T KEYone. Next time already happened for me as I dual carry an XR instead of Key2 or LE and I wonder if AT&T will ever have a followup....
    My reference to "if there's a next time" is in reference to buying a K3.
    02-15-19 10:14 AM
    My reference to "if there's a next time" is in reference to buying a K3.
    I figured but I wasn’t sure if you’d been down the WFC rabbit hole too.
    The same problem happens with carriers now for all OEMs and I don’t know why. I never had reason for WFC until AT&T discontinued Femto sales with Femto support to drop in the future as soon as warranty requirements are met. That means 12/31/2019 if customer service was correct.......
    Crusader03 likes this.
    02-15-19 10:47 AM
    Hi All, I went to a Rogers store yesterday and called Telus customer service, In my case, despite the fact that Wi-Fi Calling is offered by both companies (they both checked), I can't access neither service.
    I'm stuck, each company blame the fact that I should be using the phone "compatible" with my SIM card..

Well done, selling an unlocked phone comes with some nice surprises, lucky enough it's not too much of a hassle, but still, it's annoying.

I did do it to save 70$ because they couldn't price match, maybe all this would have been great if the price would have been the same across the board..
    02-16-19 07:45 AM
    Hi All, I went to a Rogers store yesterday and called Telus customer service, In my case, despite the fact that Wi-Fi Calling is offered by both companies (they both checked), I can't access neither service.
    I'm stuck, each company blame the fact that I should be using the phone "compatible" with my SIM card..

Well done, selling an unlocked phone comes with some nice surprises, lucky enough it's not too much of a hassle, but still, it's annoying.

I did do it to save 70$ because they couldn't price match, maybe all this would have been great if the price would have been the same across the board..
    https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/02/15/t...i-ULhmBDXaY1pc
    02-16-19 11:26 AM
    Notice the very small list of supported devices....and no factory unlocked devices. I would expect that OEM payment to carrier for this feature to be enabled is necessary.
    02-16-19 03:38 PM
    Notice the very small list of supported devices....and no factory unlocked devices. I would expect that OEM payment to carrier for this feature to be enabled is necessary.
    hard to see the end of it, at least they acknowledge the issue
    02-16-19 03:44 PM
    hard to see the end of it, at least they acknowledge the issue
    The issue simply put is the need to pay to play.... Obviously, premium devices are getting the green light since profit margins are there for the OEMs and carriers.
    02-16-19 03:47 PM
    Great they added the Wi-Fi calling but like the previous poster said I'm more happy with the fact that they went back to the rounded Icons.
    02-17-19 07:40 AM
89 ... 234