Updated! Wi-Fi calling is working. I noticed they went back to the round icons! Just when I started liking the square ones.... argh....
    02-09-19 02:15 AM
    I installed the update and it said my SIM card was missing. I rebooted and it told me to set up wifi calling. The option took me to a Rogers page where I registered, then rebooted and now I've got wifi calling with circle icons again.
    02-09-19 06:18 AM
    updated my key2 this morning and BOOM Wi-Fi calling is enabled... registered and rebooted ... now Wi-Fi calling is fully enabled.... but THAT is not what I'm happy about!!

the ICONS omg they fixed them back to round and without the fricken white borders!!!! good lord that was annoying as helllll
    02-09-19 07:20 AM
    the ICONS omg they fixed them back to round and without the fricken white borders!!!! good lord that was annoying as helllll
    LOL. I liked the square ones! I just wish they would make up their mind... Nevertheless, I'm happy.
    02-09-19 07:25 AM
    In fact the option works on Rogers phones with Rogers SIMs, I have a Telus SIM on a Rogers phone.. no go
    02-09-19 09:29 AM
    In fact the option works on Rogers phones with Rogers SIMs, I have a Telus SIM on a Rogers phone.. no go
    Well, that makes sense. The service is provided by the carrier, so Rogers won't support a non-Rogers SIM. I don't think any non-carrier phones have Wi-Fi calling enabled.

I know lots of people are very anti-carrier, but Wi-Fi calling is a major feature that can only be supported through a carrier.
    02-09-19 09:34 AM
    my friend has a Bell phone with a Rogers phone and wi-fi calling works ..
    02-09-19 09:36 AM
    sorry, Rogers SIM
    02-09-19 09:37 AM
    Got update today. Prompted to enable wifi calling immediately upon reboot, and now wifi calling is indeed working. Wow! Yay! (Finally)
    02-09-19 11:43 AM
    Got update today. Prompted to enable wifi calling immediately upon reboot, and now wifi calling is indeed working. Wow! Yay! (Finally)
    Yeah, simple and flawless process.
    02-09-19 12:24 PM
    Did anyone receive this update yet?

Does WiFi calling work?
    Yess sirrrreee! Just got the update last night and wifi calling after the annoying setup totally works fine!!!
    02-09-19 01:52 PM
    Whats the build # for this Rogers update?
    02-09-19 01:53 PM
    Very happy that Rogers has fixed this on their K2's.
    Unfortunately, my NA Silver Edition is still a no go with a Rogers Sim. Will try one more time with their Customer Service to see if now, perhaps, it can to be added. Will report back after attempt. Cheers,
    02-09-19 02:28 PM
    Now all we need to do is wait for somebody to extract the APK's for wifi calling, and link it here! then it should work with most carriers that support it already. Wait, what? UMA isn't new... it's wifi calling. Wow. I thought this was something "ground breaking". Hahahahahahahahaha
    02-09-19 03:26 PM
    Very happy that Rogers has fixed this on their K2's.
    Unfortunately, my NA Silver Edition is still a no go with a Rogers Sim. Will try one more time with their Customer Service to see if now, perhaps, it can to be added. Will report back after attempt. Cheers,
    Is this a scenario where the carrier has only given access to carrier branded devices and blocking factory unlocked?
    02-09-19 03:45 PM
    Is this a scenario where the carrier has only given access to carrier branded devices and blocking factory unlocked?
    Unfortunately, yes. Carrier branded K2's just got the WiFi functionality with the latest update and our NA unlocked phones are blocked. Very frustrating! BYOB regulations need to change within the Canadian CRTC.
    02-09-19 03:51 PM
    I'm glad it is out and WiFi calling is working for those with phones bought from Rogers.

The update was supposed to also be available for the KEY2 LE...can anyone confirm it is out and WiFi calling is also working?
    02-09-19 04:02 PM
    Unfortunately, yes. Carrier branded K2's just got the WiFi functionality with the latest update and our NA unlocked phones are blocked. Very frustrating! BYOB regulations need to change within the Canadian CRTC.
    It’s the same here in the USA and WFC along with some other features like VoLTE are considered enhanced services. Doesn’t appear to meet the definition of regulated basic features here. Something the lawyers will fight about for the next five years........ it’s why I bought iPhone XR carrier branded.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-09-19 04:25 PM
    wifi calling now works amazing! Also noticed it improved battery life. BUT the icons did go back to rounds!!!
    02-09-19 04:29 PM
    Would it be possible to make it work by installing the autoloader?
    02-09-19 04:56 PM
    Would it be possible to make it work by installing the autoloader?
    Don’t think so. The network detects that it's version not sold by the carrier.
    02-09-19 05:00 PM
    Don’t think so. The network detects that it's version not sold by the carrier.
    thank you! I regret not getting a Telus key2, but at the time there was a 70$ price difference...
    02-09-19 05:02 PM
    thank you! I regret not getting a Telus key2, but at the time there was a 70$ price difference...
    Does Telus even offer WiFi calling for any BlackBerry phone?
    02-09-19 05:44 PM
    Does Telus even offer WiFi calling for any BlackBerry phone?
    yes, it does.. so sad there is a sim lock for that feature.. if all the carriers offer it, what difference does it really make? I find it really frustrating, especially for an"unlocked" full price phone.. which is still tied with a Rogers OS.. poor implementation in my eyes
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-09-19 05:47 PM
    yes, it does.. so sad there is a sim lock for that feature.. if all the carriers offer it, what difference does it really make? I find it really frustrating, especially for an"unlocked" full price phone.. which is still tied with a Rogers OS.. poor implementation in my eyes
    According to Telus support, they don't have WiFi calling support for the KEY2.
    02-09-19 06:01 PM
89 1234