Rogers now say that they will be releasing the January update Feb 5 for the KEY2 and KEY2 LE with WiFi calling!Rogers Finally Making WiFi Calling Official-screenshot_20190202-160344.jpeg
    Vistaus, Summer_Moon and Matt J like this.
    02-02-19 03:06 PM
    Awesome! Looking forward to it.
    02-02-19 05:06 PM
    Is that for phones that are specifically bought from Rogers?
    02-02-19 05:09 PM
    Is that for phones that are specifically bought from Rogers?
    Yes. Locked to Rogers. I don't think it's possible for an unlocked phone to use Wi-Fi calling... but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Matt J; 02-03-19 at 04:29 AM.
    02-02-19 05:13 PM
    Yes. Locked to Rogers. I don't think it's possible for an unlocked phone to use Wi-Fi calling... but I could be wrong.
    You are correct. However, when VoLTE and WiFi calling is enabled for branded phones, then perhaps our SE phones can also tap in. My last 1 1/2 hour session enabled everything and did not work, now, after the Feb. 5th update it just might. Will report back then. Cheers,
    02-03-19 06:40 PM
    You are correct. However, when VoLTE and WiFi calling is enabled for branded phones, then perhaps our SE phones can also tap in. My last 1 1/2 hour session enabled everything and did not work, now, after the Feb. 5th update it just might. Will report back then. Cheers,
    I doubt it, if you are already running ABP242 or another variant where WiFi calling has been working with Rogers all along. The best I can tell, Rogers has simply avoided releases with WiFi calling enabled, but the back end has been active for months.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-03-19 07:51 PM
    It’s simple. If you don’t purchase the device from the carrier, they’re blocking enhanced calling features..
    Luke Coughey likes this.
    02-03-19 08:02 PM
    It’s simple. If you don’t purchase the device from the carrier, they’re blocking enhanced calling features..
    People always bash carrier-supplied phones, but I've had nothing but a great experience with Rogers. The OS updates come every few months (which is fine by me) and you get the advanced calling features like Wi-Fi calling. I get the feeling that there is real support from Rogers for BlackBerry devices.

Buying an unlocked phone, you never know what you're going to get, especially with the OS updates.
    02-04-19 08:01 AM
    People always bash carrier-supplied phones, but I've had nothing but a great experience with Rogers. The OS updates come every few months (which is fine by me) and you get the advanced calling features like Wi-Fi calling. I get the feeling that there is real support from Rogers for BlackBerry devices.

Buying an unlocked phone, you never know what you're going to get, especially with the OS updates.
    Yeah, Rogers seems to be great, but they are an exception: usually carrier-branded phones in any country do suck.
    02-04-19 05:17 PM
    I'm disappointed in how Rogers has dragged their feet with making WiFi calling official, but still feel that they are the best carrier for BlackBerry users here in Canada.

To take it one step further, I think Canadian BlackBerry users should consider choosing Rogers because of their WiFi calling support...then let both Rogers and the other carriers know why that choice was made.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    02-04-19 07:51 PM
    Rogers now say that they will be releasing the January update Feb 5 for the KEY2 and KEY2 LE with WiFi calling!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190202-160344.jpeg 
Views:	221 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	442794
    I'll believe it when I see it
    02-05-19 06:01 AM
    Did anyone receive this update yet?

Does WiFi calling work?
    02-05-19 11:03 AM
    Nothing in Toronto yet.
    02-05-19 03:37 PM
    Did anyone receive this update yet?

Does WiFi calling work?
    I'm already running ABP242 (autoloader) and WiFi calling is working for me. I'm assuming that is the version Rogers will be releasing, putting me back on track for OTA updates in the future.
    02-05-19 03:38 PM
    it will come out next Tuesday likely. they have been a week late e very time lately.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    02-05-19 03:39 PM
    I'm disappointed in how Rogers has dragged their feet with making WiFi calling official, but still feel that they are the best carrier for BlackBerry users here in Canada.

To take it one step further, I think Canadian BlackBerry users should consider choosing Rogers because of their WiFi calling support...then let both Rogers and the other carriers know why that choice was made.
    Sounds like your in Ontario not Saskatchewan or any rural area. I will say it has improved a bit for Rodgers but generally here if your not in a city service is non existent.

Would be cool if wifi calling was for all but it seems to be candy that the providers hold back on for some reason. Maybe they don't have a perfect way to make money off it yet. They generally don't do stuff to benefit users only themselves. I checked with Virgin and they offer wifi calling with a select best phones they sell.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-05-19 05:14 PM
    Sounds like your in Ontario not Saskatchewan or any rural area. I will say it has improved a bit for Rodgers but generally here if your not in a city service is non existent.

Would be cool if wifi calling was for all but it seems to be candy that the providers hold back on for some reason. Maybe they don't have a perfect way to make money off it yet. They generally don't do stuff to benefit users only themselves. I checked with Virgin and they offer wifi calling with a select best phones they sell.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    It sounds like they have to white list devices using wifi calling. So its an inconvenience to do it on devices they do not sell is my guess.
    02-05-19 06:56 PM
    well its 1040pm on the West Coast?
    02-06-19 12:38 AM
    Next day in Toronto. Nothing yet.
    02-06-19 07:26 AM

I understand that some people have poor or nonexistent phone coverage in some areas and need to do wifi calling because of that.

But I don't have any sort of issue with that and am very happy with my unlimited calling and messaging North America wide that I get with Telus (without the need to look for wifi!) If I want wifi calling or am in the odd spot without cell coverage I can call my using skype, Whats app etc so wifi calling doesn't matter to me and I am certainly not going to change providers over something that doesn't really matter to me.

..Tom
    02-06-19 12:37 PM
    well look at that they missed the date again.
    02-06-19 01:39 PM
    No update. I look forward to wifi calling since there's little reception in my house.
    02-06-19 10:52 PM
    well look at that they missed the date again.
    Yeah, this is common. I always assume a week late.
    02-07-19 06:23 AM

lmao for someone who worked at Rogers, I beg to differ. Don't go with Rogers.. or do, and pay more.. ������*♂️������*♂️

Best carrier for wifi calling would be Freedom, it would really aid in the reception department if everyone is able to call/text via wifi.
    02-07-19 11:47 PM
    just got the update on Rogers.. can't find the option..
    02-09-19 01:36 AM
89 123 ...