I am trying out the USB connection in my new car but it's not working properly. If I select the "Transfer Files" option when connecting my car starts to play all the BBM ringtones that were stored on my SD card. There was no way to stop them and it wouldn't read any other artist or song.

So I went onto the device and searched for these as I don't use BBM anymore and deleted the whole folder. Now when I connect my BB to the USB, I get "For your safety: Videos only available when parked" which I am but that's not the point.

Why is my BB auto starting ringtones or videos when I select Transfer Files? If I just select Charge Only it just charges.

I brought the car into the dealer and they also had a Key2 and they were able to browse their SD card, music, artists etc so it seems to be my device with the issue.
    09-05-19 10:07 AM
    I am trying out the USB connection in my new car but it's not working properly. If I select the "Transfer Files" option when connecting my car starts to play all the BBM ringtones that were stored on my SD card. There was no way to stop them and it wouldn't read any other artist or song.

So I went onto the device and searched for these as I don't use BBM anymore and deleted the whole folder. Now when I connect my BB to the USB, I get "For your safety: Videos only available when parked" which I am but that's not the point.

Why is my BB auto starting ringtones or videos when I select Transfer Files? If I just select Charge Only it just charges.

I brought the car into the dealer and they also had a Key2 and they were able to browse their SD card, music, artists etc so it seems to be my device with the issue.
    I use Black Player and my music is stored on my SD card. I play it through BT. Are you using Android Auto? Have heard it is finicky at times. There are folks here with much more knowledge of it and they should be along soon. By the way, my K2 never asked where to find files, but my Passport would and I would select ignore so that the ringtones and alert sounds wouldn't play and only my music was selected. Good luck,
    09-05-19 10:19 AM
    No I'm not using Android Auto. I'm simply connecting my device to the USB connection in my car, get prompted on the device on what to do, I select the Transfer Files option and then the issue occurs. The only prompt on my phone is the Use USB to: Charge, Transfer Files, PTP and MIDI (MIDI is not supported in my car).

I have no issues with Bluetooth (other than a low volume issue but that's another ball of wax). I'd prefer to play over wired USB as I find the sound much better and you're not hounded by your phone's notifications constantly.
    09-05-19 02:08 PM