I had Ring.com installed on KEY1 and replaced it due to smashed screen with a KEY2 this week which worked fine. Today i find the Ring.com app (home cctv cameras) gone and not showing on Play Store. On the Ring.com website, the link goes to Play Store but it says "Your device is not compatible with this version".

I installed the Rapid Ring app (lighter faster basic version to look at camera and turn on/ off notification, but i need to proper app.

Anyone a way around this issue? are we gonna lose more apps soon?
    04-01-22 09:50 AM
    I had Ring.com installed on KEY1 and replaced it due to smashed screen with a KEY2 this week which worked fine. Today i find the Ring.com app (home cctv cameras) gone and not showing on Play Store. On the Ring.com website, the link goes to Play Store but it says "Your device is not compatible with this version".

I installed the Rapid Ring app (lighter faster basic version to look at camera and turn on/ off notification, but i need to proper app.

In the USA, 90% of Android users are on Android 9 and above... yes you'll see less support for Android 8 going forward.
    04-01-22 10:53 AM

In the USA, 90% of Android users are on Android 9 and above... yes you'll see less support for Android 8 going forward.
    Confirmed. Ring needs Android 9 or above.
    04-01-22 11:02 AM
    the ring.com website says Android 8.1 or later. I have Android 8.1.0 so I have no idea why it dont work. There is no Android 9 on Key2 so kinda lost.
    04-01-22 12:16 PM

You could probably load an older version if you're ok with that.
    04-01-22 12:18 PM
    yeah, thats what i am thinking, i will dig around and see if ring.com or someone have a download for older versions.
    04-01-22 12:26 PM
    You could probably load an older version if you're ok with that.
    Yeah it's worth a shot...

I expect it's a security issues and installing an older app isn't really an option. IoT Security is an issue, and these devices and apps share a lot in common with banking apps. Each version of Android has security improvements made to it... which is why +1 is such a growing thing.
    04-01-22 01:20 PM
    Yeah it's worth a shot...

I expect it's a security issues and installing an older app isn't really an option. IoT Security is an issue, and these devices and apps share a lot in common with banking apps. Each version of Android has security improvements made to it... which is why +1 is such a growing thing.
    The very fact that older versions are no longer available on Play Store for older OSes, means they have deprecated the older apps, and they shouldn't be used even if they still worked.
    Last edited by conite; 04-01-22 at 03:50 PM.
    04-01-22 01:30 PM
    Ring is working fine on my KeyONE, but yes it has disappeared from the Play Store. As a test, I was able to install Ring successfully on my secondary device Key 2 LE via APKPure. I will only continue using it on the KeyONE, but just wanted to test.
    Last edited by italia2014; 04-01-22 at 03:27 PM.
    04-01-22 02:49 PM
    just rude around and all the original Google Play Store competitors and you'll find an old one somewhere
    04-02-22 12:35 PM
    yeah, thats what i am thinking, i will dig around and see if ring.com or someone have a download for older versions.
    Since most "apps" are pretty much containers, you could figure out the user agent and then get it to work in the browser.

Just a thought.
    04-02-22 05:27 PM
    04-07-22 10:25 PM